Let's track the EB PC cruise here

It was certainly an interesting cruise. I think the dynamics of so many people that have cruised before and so many Disney people on a 15 day cruise is very unique. I guess it is understandable that the kids got bored. I felt the Lab and Club did a fine job, it would have been nice if they had more supervision for the older kids.

To change subjects a bit, I have a few questions maybe others can answer:

Did anyone else think the hypnotist was so fake and out of character from the others shows, which were great? I wanted to go up to the first show Hannah woman and ask but didn't want to be that annoying guy.

What did they do with the WB cruise and all the kids cruise staff when there were much fewer kids?

Why did Christiaan leave? Do they have several cruise directors that rotate? It does seem that they have to be awake and active the most so maybe they do need more time off.

Thanks to everyone - we are so much in a slump since leaving one of the best vacations and it is helpful to read everything. I do wish everyone had pictures since I am sure I saw many of you around the ship.

Just quoting myself. Seems that after I stated that I saw 'flashing of body parts' the conversation turned to thong bathing suits. Not sure how the interpretation of the word 'flashing' turned into discussion of a bathing suit style?? I've got no problem with thongs. More power to anyone who has the confidence to wear them. But I did see on a few occasions where bathing suits were pulled to the side to reveal body parts that should be covered. Thats what I had a problem with.

And yes, I was in this area often, that's how I saw so much. I didn't care for much of the behavior I saw, but it didn't stop me from enjoying my vacation.

Ditto about the "flashing" vs thongs.... that's what I was talking about (flashing or moving swimsuits to "tan better" but really showing more than I was comfortable with me or DH seeing. and I don't mean the buttocks area LOL)

Why do things always have to be directed as belonging to this group or that? I met so many funny and wonderful people on the cruise. I enjoyed the time I spent at the pool. There are plenty of places to go on the ship that are quiet and one really shouldn't expect a pool area to be one of them. :flower3:
I agree (about the group thing)

Ps. I'm so jealous- of your 20 days on the ship! *green with envy* hehe

Hey Monica, you and Trevoy ready to hit the zips again? I still can't believe how hot it was and how hard the climbs------------but sailing through the air was AWEsome.:cool1:

I'd zip again in a quick minute. They've just got to figure out a better way for us to get around the mountain.

I enjoyed the time I spent at the pool. There are plenty of places to go on the ship that are quiet and one really shouldn't expect a pool area to be one of them. :flower3:
You'll have to blame Disney for that one, since the name of that area is the QUIET Cove Pool.

(Note: I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I did plenty of hot tub time, and while the area was rowdier than usual I never witnessed any really out of control antics.)

To change subjects a bit, I have a few questions maybe others can answer:

Did anyone else think the hypnotist was so fake and out of character from the others shows, which were great? I wanted to go up to the first show Hannah woman and ask but didn't want to be that annoying guy.

What did they do with the WB cruise and all the kids cruise staff when there were much fewer kids?

Why did Christiaan leave? Do they have several cruise directors that rotate? It does seem that they have to be awake and active the most so maybe they do need more time off.

Thanks to everyone - we are so much in a slump since leaving one of the best vacations and it is helpful to read everything. I do wish everyone had pictures since I am sure I saw many of you around the ship.

To answer your questions...the hypnotist was as fake as a $3.00 bill...DCL has a few CDs who rotate and Brent is back on the Magic for a while. Christian should be pretty busy for the next few months...or maybe the next 18 years. Good thing he is use to late nights. On the WB cruise they just have more CMs to go around and sometimes they close the lab area for adults to go and play...flubber was one thing they did in 2005.

You'll have to blame Disney for that one, since the name of that area is the QUIET Cove Pool.

(Note: I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I did plenty of hot tub time, and while the area was rowdier than usual I never witnessed any really out of control antics.)

I know:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Okay , I have bit my tongue too long reading in here about thong bathing suits ... we are talking about an ADULT pool right ? what difference does it make if it is on Disney or not , does "Adult" on Disney mean Almost adult but not really:confused3 . It never ceases to amaze me on how people can make something so beautiful so ugly , The body should be looked upon as a beautiful thing why does a Women in a thong have to be "Ugly" or disgusting ? No one commented about the many mens speedos that were being worn by the Goofy Pool or even the Mickey Pool , Hey I dont wanna see "smuggling Plums " either but it isnt going to bother me to the extent of bypassing that area cause of what I am afraid of seeing ... Geez Almost everywhere in the world Topless sunbathing is of the norm , some of you people make wearing a thong a crime ... Lets go back to the fact that it is an Adult Pool , Adults do wear Thongs , speedos and in most places around the world Less ...I applaud any women who is comfortable with herself to wear a thong more power to them , and if you dont like dont look ...Its just like the Radio or TV , you dont have to tune in you can always change the channel or dont look ...

And Yes , It was my Sweet Melissa who was wearing the Yellow thong , and she also wore one at Serenity Bay , hence both adult areas - she changed her suit before going to the Family beach ... Again I repeat its an Adult Area - Get over the whole thong thing please

pirate:

Okay , I have bit my tongue too long reading in here about thong bathing suits ... we are talking about an ADULT pool right ? what difference does it make if it is on Disney or not , does "Adult" on Disney mean Almost adult but not really:confused3 . It never ceases to amaze me on how people can make something so beautiful so ugly , The body should be looked upon as a beautiful thing why does a Women in a thong have to be "Ugly" or disgusting ? No one commented about the many mens speedos that were being worn by the Goofy Pool or even the Mickey Pool , Hey I dont wanna see "smuggling Plums " either but it isnt going to bother me to the extent of bypassing that area cause of what I am afraid of seeing ... Geez Almost everywhere in the world Topless sunbathing is of the norm , some of you people make wearing a thong a crime ... Lets go back to the fact that it is an Adult Pool , Adults do wear Thongs , speedos and in most places around the world Less ...I applaud any women who is comfortable with herself to wear a thong more power to them , and if you dont like dont look ...Its just like the Radio or TV , you dont have to tune in you can always change the channel or dont look ...

And Yes , It was my Sweet Melissa who was wearing the Yellow thong , and she also wore one at Serenity Bay , hence both adult areas - she changed her suit before going to the Family beach ... Again I repeat its an Adult Area - Get over the whole thong thing please

pirate:

Yep, that's who I figured was being referred to and that's the bod I was referring to when I said I if I had her bod........ LOL

I never saw Melissa at the QC pool or Serenity Bay in a swim suit, so it was not Melissa I was talking about in the revealing swim suit. :) I just wanted to clear that up.

I am non-confrontational, so we just adjusted our schedule to be able to enjoy the pool area in the manner we like. It really wasn't any big deal and it didn't hamper our enjoyment of the cruise one bit, I was just commenting on how I saw things. It's like that movie Vantage Point. ;) I don't think I need a support group or therapy.

And while the borrowing of the shirt and taking pictures did sound like a lot of fun, Crew Members can be fined around $100 if they don't turn in whole uniforms. Just something to keep in mind. When we were getting back on the ship at CC, a Crew Member's ball cap blew off and she was so grateful when someone retrieved it for her and she explained why.

pirate:

Todd - I had the pleasure of running into Melissa quite a few times throughout the cruise, her mom was across the hall from us. She is a beautiful person inside and out

I must say, my DW and I met Todd and Melissa on Serenity Bay and had lunch with them during the 5 day cruise that followed the repo cruise. We had a very nice time chatting with them, so much so, that they missed their tram ride back to the main beach area a couple of times. :laughing:

OK, lunchtime over for me, I have to get back to work to pay for our next cruise!!! :wave2:

Didn't spend very much time in that area of the ship. Just a thought, even though Quiet Cove area is adult only on deck 9, doesn't mean that that part of deck 10 is off limits to those under 18. So I'm sure that some children got an eye full of the goings on anyways!

Todd - I had the pleasure of running into Melissa quite a few times throughout the cruise, her mom was across the hall from us. She is a beautiful person inside and out
I did not get to talk to Melissa all that much on the cruise- and I had no idea her mom was on the cruise too! Darn I would have liked to meet her mom too!

But anway, even though I only spoke with her a few times- I could tell she was a very sweet person! I liked her right off the bat :hug:

I'd zip again in a quick minute. They've just got to figure out a better way for us to get around the mountain.

Me too!! I just don't think I would do it in Cabo. It was so darn hot!!!
To bad I didn't keep of all the pounds I sweated away climbing that darn mountain.

I totally agree. Melissa and her parents were wonderful people and I enjoyed getting to spend time with them. Of course, you too Todd. :goodvibes

I don't think I ever saw Melissa without a smile on her face.

Whoa, i have not been here for days and this topic was turned into a THONG issue!!! I was not on the cruise this time but i had the privelege to have met Melissa and Todd on the last year Transatlantic cruise. They are the nicest couple you want to meet. HI TODD and MELISSA and DUSTIN!!!:wave2:

While i am not a "thong" fan myself but for those who are in adult area, adult are free to wear what they wish. Melissa does have the respect to dress respectfully at the family beach where kids are around, which is MORE than i can say for others. I have seen MANY thong wearers on prior cruises on CC Family beach. I have also seen many FLASHY 2 piece bathing suite as well as one piece bathing suit that can literally be worst than a thong. Personally, I think men in speedos, are worst than a thong, if you ask me!!! they have all that bulge to show!!! :scared1:

44 and I still know how to have fun

Obviously the "fun" of a few immature guests denied the enjoyment of the "adult" pool to a large number of people. Other cruise lines may have a different atmosphere. That's fine, it's a different market segment. You said one guy got out of hand with the football. How many does it take to make it wrong? They continued to "pretend" to jump off the handrails after being told not to. These are adults?

You don't need a rule to tell people not to poke themselves in the eye. Its common sense not to do it. These people either knew better and didn't care, or they lack any common sense and social responsibility whatsoever.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it makes me wonder how you can defend behavior such as this. Indecent exposure, theft, willful misconduct, assault. Those are all the things that could have been legally charged by the description of events.

The price of a ticket doesn't give a person the right to restrict the rights of other through intimidation or any other means.

P.S. The Indecent Exposure has nothing to do with thongs. It is referencing the "flashing" of body parts by others. I personally don't object to thongs. Whether or not the person has the body for them is another matter. (That goes for men's speedos too). There was an interesting show recently on beach etiquette on the Travel Channel. :-)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter