Let's talk CHRISTMAS!

I have not started making my gift yet I ahve my ideas and most of my supplies...I plan on doing metal cookie sheets advent calenders.....
Normally I start with my Christmas music on Halloween that gets me in the sprit of makings my gifts....

Angie

Those sound cute. Do you have any pictures?

How do u get started scrapping recipes.. I have a ton of my grandparents and great gp recipes that are stored in a box and this seems like a great idea.... please tell me how

there are a few ways to start. You can re type some, re write them, and scan and copy. Most of us have 6 x 6 or 8.5 x 5.5 (1/2 a paper) top loading albums that we use.
If you can use any recipes with original hand writing that would be great, if it's not legible then re type it but scan and add a copy of it. Also stories to go with them are wonderful, like how Aunt Gertie made her famous molasses cookies only for xmas or something.

I have not started making my gift yet I ahve my ideas and most of my supplies...I plan on doing metal cookie sheets advent calenders.....
Normally I start with my Christmas music on Halloween that gets me in the sprit of makings my gifts....

Angie

I've seen those!!! I love them.

Hey, did anyone ever give the teachers a little questionaire at the beginning of the year? Bday, fav food, fav soda, fav store, wish list. ? Does that sound like a good/bad idea? Also, if you give a gift to elementary teachers, do you usually make it for them personally, or for the classroom?

So, tell me Christmas shopping stuff!!! :thumbsup2

Hi!
1st grade teacher here :teacher:

I LOVE the idea of a questionnaire...DS's 3rd grade teacher had filled one out for the room mom, & the room mom sent us copies.

I only give gift cards, that the teacher can use on herself (so I don't give cards to a craft store...that would get spent on the class). I usually give a $25.00 gc to Target or the mall.

My favorite gifts are gift cards...but heck, my best gift last year was $100.00 bill from a dad. His son was a handful...I earned every penny of it. :goodvibes

I was told by a teacher once "I appreciate the thoughts, but if I get another #1 Teacher mug, I'm going to scream" :rotfl2: So, that kind of thing is not appreciated.

The mugs I get go straight into a Rubbermaid bin I have labeled "Yard Sale stuff", along with ornaments, candles, & picture frames. Boy! Those personalized X-mas ornaments are a little hard to sell!! :rolleyes: ...but usually they do go!

(I've been teaching almost 20 years....no more ornaments!)

Hi! Teacher here :teacher:

....a gift card is soooo appreciated! :thumbsup2

yep!

I just got the gift cards (target) for my kids' teachers. They have really cute designs just for teachers. :thumbsup2

Now, I just need to figure out what to do for the specials teachers, aides, etc. There are so many of them...and now my kids are in 2 different buildings, so there are different teachers for EVERYTHING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter