Lets talk $$ and options - family of 5

I haven't had this problem...yet...but in reading all the responses I have to say I like the idea of two connecting rooms at a value resort. If you leave the doors between the rooms open and maybe have one adult sleeping in each room (if it makes you feel better) it is probably the cheapest option you could do outside of staying off property. Gave me something to think about for the future.

Good luck OP!

Your options are (in order from least expensive to more expensive)
1. POR alligator bayou rooms hold 5 with youngest child using trundle bed.
2. 2 connecting rooms at a value
3. all star music suites
4. wilderness cabins

Staying off-site is how we handle our family of five situation. We have always driven or rented a car, so we were able to get around without relying on a resort shuttle.You will pay for parking though. There are great deals at very nice, convenient to Disney resorts. There are pros and cons to on/offsite. Only you can decide what you can afford . I will say, we have never felt like we were staying in a inferior resort. We save lots of money eating some meals in our condo. We pack lighter because of washer and dryer. We can spread out. We have kids with much different bed times due to age differences, so bed time is easier. I would however like to try the Disney Dining plan someday, but my boys are really not into the dining experience. We plan a few nice meals at nice restaurants and we have been happy with that. Decide what is important to you and have a wonderful vacation.

thanks for the helpful ideas. Everyones expectation and experience is diifferent.

We have booked off-site at Windsor Hills 3 bd, everyone will be happy. Found a property decked in Mickey and Minnie (trying not to lose the mouse magic). Renting car and losing the DDP.

Not quite how we planned but saving over $2000. Cannot complain. I just want a magical vacation for all!

Thanks again, I love this site. And must admit to my addiction. Step 1

thanks for the helpful ideas. Everyones expectation and experience is diifferent.

We have booked off-site at Windsor Hills 3 bd, everyone will be happy. Found a property decked in Mickey and Minnie (trying not to lose the mouse magic). Renting car and losing the DDP.

Not quite how we planned but saving over $2000. Cannot complain. I just want a magical vacation for all!

Thanks again, I love this site. And must admit to my addiction. Step 1

I am sure you will be thrilled with your choice!! Now that our 2 yo will be 3 soon, we will most likely be doing the same as you! Good luck and have a wonderful time!

We just did a family suite at ASMu last week and loved it. Is that an option? We paid $184/night and it was well worth it. It's the size of 2 value rooms and has 2 bathrooms, which will probably be good for you guys. It also has a kitchenette, with a small fridge and microwave, so you could do breakfast items and snacks in there and save your meal credits for lunch and dinner. You can also use snack credits for some breakfast items at the food court (pastries, fruit cup, cereal) which can make your meal plan go further.

We also found that some counter service meals can easily be shared, which saves some credits. The breakfast platter at the food court has eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and a biscuit, enough for 2. Also the combo platter at Mexico in Epcot was good for sharing.

Other than that, I'd think about staying off-site, especially if you have a car. It looks like there are some good deals on bigger places if you move outside of Disney.

We are a family of 5, we have stayed at POR. They allow 5 b/c they have a trundle to accomodate that 5th person.

What about the Coronado Springs Jr. Suites? These come up for us when I search for rooms. Bigger than the values - and the resort has the slide at the pool but waaaay less money than the 2BR villas. The cost of one of these suites is about the same as a room at the Poly. We are a family of 5 too. I thought about these but we're used to togetherness and I wanted to be closer to the parks so we're staying at YC in May which was a little bit less money (couple hundered bucks).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter