Let's have a pending party!!

I called and they said I'm still pending and nothing has been sent out since my pending letter. Only have like 11 days left until Dec 10th!

Got ahold of the lovely woman who called. She just wanted to reach out, see if I had any questions, besides questions like "When will I find out?" or "Am I in?" My "name was forwarded onto her as someone interested in an internship or college program role with Disney".

She was very kind, and it was nice to get a phone call, because I've been feeling sort of like I got lost in the program because I applied so early with so many people.

I guess all I can say is "thanks for self-censoring"?

self-censoring? what happened?

btw the stress is hard to deal with but we only have 11 days. and I'm wondering why some pending people got the call and some didn't. That's weird! I hope its not a bad thing that I didn't get a call.

self-censoring? what happened?

btw the stress is hard to deal with but we only have 11 days. and I'm wondering why some pending people got the call and some didn't. That's weird! I hope its not a bad thing that I didn't get a call.

Someone posted something and before I could read it, edited it to only read "--" and the reason for editing was "comment was too snarky". I get that it's coming down to it and my hopes shouldn't be that high... but let Disney crush my dreams, man! haha

I know it's only 11, but it's not helping me. I'm sure that the phone call means nothing. It's just because Disney wants to placate me from practically hopping on a plane to get down there and ask in person!

I disagree with our hopes shouldn't be that high. I think we should feel good about our chances! If they didn't want us they would have said no already so its obvious that they are trying to get us in somewhere!

I disagree with our hopes shouldn't be that high. I think we should feel good about our chances! If they didn't want us they would have said no already so its obvious that they are trying to get us in somewhere!

If I am low, I'll either be right, or pleasantly surprised. It's terrible, I know, but if I don't get in, my reaction is not going to be awesome. I'm gearing myself up for that possibility.

If I am low, I'll either be right, or pleasantly surprised. It's terrible, I know, but if I don't get in, my reaction is not going to be awesome. I'm gearing myself up for that possibility.

I agree I'll be upset if I don't get in as well! Are you applying for Fall 2011? (assuming the worst) I know I am!:)

In response to WDW_lover_in_SC comment of "I called and they said I'm still pending", I posted "Shocking".

And I did that because:
  • they have said that results should be received no later than December 10
  • they said in the pending email and on the site to be patient and not ask for an update

My sarcasm stemmed completely from someone blatantly ignoring the information they have been told and reporting back that nothing had changed.

But I thought it may be a little cruel in this extremely high anxiety time.

I really wasn't going to comment on the likelihood of any individual getting in or not. Not everyone who is pended will get in. Some of you will. Some of you won't.

Really if you want to get your results, regardless of what they are, don't interrupt recruiting and let them do what they need to do to get that stuff out to all of you.

In response to WDW_lover_in_SC comment of "I called and they said I'm still pending", I posted "Shocking".

And I did that because:
  • they said in the pending email and on the site to be patient and not ask for an update

My sarcasm stemmed completely from someone blatantly ignoring the information they have been told and reporting back that nothing had changed.

But I thought it may be a little cruel in this extremely high anxiety time.

I really wasn't going to comment on the likelihood of any individual getting in or not. Not everyone who is pended will get in. Some of you will. Some of you won't.

Really if you want to get your results, regardless of what they are, don't interrupt recruiting and let them do what they need to do to get that stuff out to all of you.

Well just an fyi I didn't even call them to find out if I was still pending. I called them to get the mailing address changed because I tried to via email and they never emailed me back. I wanted to be 100% sure and it turns out I was right in doing so because the mailing address was still incorrect in their system. The recruiter then offered the information that nothing had changed with my application. I didn't ask for that information to be answered. I guess I could've explained that more in this thread I just didn't think I would have to tell all of my business just to avoid a sarcastic remark.

So I didn't blatantly ignore any rules I had justification for calling recruiting. In which case the recruiter said "Don't worry you're still pending so when the decision comes it will go to this mailing address." Thus telling me nothing has changed...

And I did that because:

I don't understand your need to be so snarky. I think it's rude, and you're definitely not coming off as informed, but rather as condescending. As someone who followed the rules and DIDN'T get the email, and DIDN'T get the information packet, it's a good thing I DID call, otherwise I would have missed my chance. I'd still be sitting here, checking my mail and thinking I was still pending, when in fact the process had broken down on their end. We're going to disagree on who exactly answers the phone, but you don't need to go around picking fights with people and acting all high and mighty.

I don't understand your need to be so snarky. I think it's rude, and you're definitely not coming off as informed, but rather as condescending. As someone who followed the rules and DIDN'T get the email, and DIDN'T get the information packet, it's a good thing I DID call, otherwise I would have missed my chance. I'd still be sitting here, checking my mail and thinking I was still pending, when in fact the process had broken down on their end. We're going to disagree on who exactly answers the phone, but you don't need to go around picking fights with people and acting all high and mighty.

I'm with BigDreamer on this one. khancock, I know you've done the CP before and feel like you have an authority, but in BigDreamer's case, it's a damn good thing she called, and you seem to come across as snarky often. I don't want to read all that into your posts, but you're right. This is a high anxiety time and it was a little harsh. If you've been through this before, you know what it's like to be pending... please think about that and consider being more of a friendly hand to help people instead of snarking. I'm snarky too, but I curb it.

It's okay guys some people enjoy being right and having the upper hand no matter what. Silly thing is I've already done the application process and check in and lived/worked there. I don't mind Khancock's "words of advice" because they are falling on a person who already knows enough about the program to coach people through the process. Like I said I called for an address issue, I know how pending works even though this is my first time being pending.

Remember, you guys did ask why i removed my comment. You shouldn't get your panties in a wad because I explained myself.

Don't ask for something you don't want to hear.

Good luck.

Well, I'm graduating in December, so I won't be eligible. Maybe I could try again in grad school, but I know the CP is more for undergrad.

I do know someone who graduated but signed up for a fall course towards completing a minor that she wanted to add. When Disney accepted her for the fall they dropped the class. She did fully intend to complete the minor, so was not trying to be sneaky, just offering up the suggestion.

D

I do know someone who graduated but signed up for a fall course towards completing a minor that she wanted to add. When Disney accepted her for the fall they dropped the class. She did fully intend to complete the minor, so was not trying to be sneaky, just offering up the suggestion.

D

Liberal Arts majors at my school can't take a minor. Believe me, I've thought about it already! I also (not seriously) have talked about failing all of this semester so I can stay at school longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter