Let's be Spontaneous!January '12- Sunrise Breakfast and EMH! 2 part update(3/11)

:laughing: I was waiting to hear what you thought about the zebra domes too. I had to go back and reread, I thought maybe I missed it. I didn't really like them that much. I thought they were a waste of stomach space when there is so much stuff in Disney that is much yummier. I don't get the gross lemonade either:confused3

Over all Boma looks great! We have only been there during breakfast. I had it booked when we stayed there but chickened out. I am always afraid my DH and DD will hate it, since they are extremely picky. They do have a kids section with boring stuff, right?

Yea, I am the girl that forgets to write what I though about the most hyped item at the restaurant... :rotfl:

I am getting the feeling that not many people like the icky new lemonade.

I am picky, and I found enough to eat, without hitting the kid's section. They did have like mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes, and the beef I had was pretty much just a good slice of beef!

I awoke the next morning at about 6:00… and couldn’t go back to sleep. I stayed in bed for about 15 minutes, then decided that I would get up and watch the sun rise.

I sat out on the balcony and really just enjoyed some “me” time, looking out over the dark savannah.

IMG_5819.jpg

I was a bit surprised, I guess I forgot that in Maine we are the first to see the sun, because I was out there a LONG time before the sun started peeking through….

0110120703.jpg

When the sun really started to come out, I woke the husband up, and told him to come look at the animals with me! I also updated my facebook via my newfangled smart phone, so that my friends could all be jealous!:lmao: According to my comments on that post, disney4metoo was commenting before 6:30 so I know roughly what time it was.

Josh was smart enough to grab the sheet that tells you what the animals are, so we were able to identify a few of them!

IMG_5821.jpg

Once I got Josh up and out of bed I decided that it was time to make some coffee! We were able to enjoy our coffee in the adorable zebra mugs that were in the room while we watched a few interesting animals wander by!
Josh just couldn’t tear me away from the balcony! I wanted to watch away my morning!!

IMG_5825.jpg

Add in the coffee, and I wasn’t going anywhere.

IMG_5826.jpg

The lighter is got, the more animals I saw!!

IMG_5827.jpg

0110120709b.jpg

0110120721.jpg

Josh took a photo of me taking photos with my phone

IMG_5829.jpg

We enjoyed watching as everyone came out and strolled by!

IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5833.jpg

And, we got to see a nice animal keeper feeding the birds!

IMG_5836.jpg

And another giraffe photo, because you can’t have enough!!

IMG_5839.jpg

I have to say, I can be from my bed, to my desk in 45 minutes at home, and yes that includes a shower. It took Josh over an hour and a half to get me out the door…

Doing some animal watching would be a great way to start the day. Apparently, you thought so too, if it took an hour and a half to get you out of the room. :lmao::rotfl2:

Doing some animal watching would be a great way to start the day. Apparently, you thought so too, if it took an hour and a half to get you out of the room. :lmao::rotfl2:

He was very kind about it, and we had the time... but I could tell I was killing him :lmao:

You have inspired me to go look through our pics from last trip at the savanna view from our room. lol

Once we had gotten out the door, due to my…. distracted morning, we were running just an itty bitty bit behind the schedule that didn’t really exist. We decided to head down to the Mara and grab some breakfast!

Of course, since we didn’t have a schedule, I wanted to wander around and see the animals a little bit on the way!

These guys were hanging around by the outlook right off the lobby.

IMG_5840.jpg

And right behind them, we found a Zebra, and the thing with the big horns! (Again a very technical name)

IMG_5841.jpg

The adorable "zebras" (Thank you for pointing that out LOL) carved into the rocks! Too cute!

IMG_5842.jpg

The beautiful stair covering!

IMG_5845.jpg

Once we were done wandering there it was time to get some breakfast! This was going to be one of our out of pocket meals, so we grabbed our mugs, and got in line!

I ordered the kids waffle plate, and Josh decided to try the African platter! Since I got the kids meal, I also got to pick a kid’s drink. I chose chocolate milk… yummm I filled my mug with coffee, and Josh either got coffee or Coke Zero.

IMG_5846.jpg

My waffles were a little on the cold side, but nothing terrible. I smothered them in butter and syrup and was one happy girl. My bacon was really yummy as well. I ate about 1/3 of the apple sauce, and was full, so I gave the rest to Josh. For $4.99 it sure was an amazing breakfast for me!!

A closer look at the African platter

IMG_5847.jpg

Josh on the other hand wasn’t such a fan of his. He liked the eggs and the salsa was good, but he isn’t a grits fan to begin with, and the sausage was good, but very seasoned. He also doesn’t eat tomatoes, so those were a no go as well. Over all though, he was glad he tried something new!
For only $12.55 we were both full and ready to take on the day! This was our best value for a meal for the trip!

We headed back up to the room really quickly to drop off our mugs, and to grab our park bag before heading off to the park for the day!! We did however stop on the way out to get this fun photo of a hidden Mickey in the lobby!

IMG_5848.jpg

"The adorable zebras carved into the rocks! Too cute!"

Those are giraffes, darling. lol

Zebras, giraffes... Those things with the horns... It's all good.:lmao:

Looks like a nice relaxed morning at the resort.

Grits, so that is what the white stuff was....The eggs looked good.:laughing:

I have only had the flat bread at Mara and it was pretty good. The waffles look good and what a bargain meal.:thumbsup2

Grits, so that is what the white stuff was....The eggs looked good.:laughing:

I have only had the flat bread at Mara and it was pretty good. The waffles look good and what a bargain meal.:thumbsup2

Yea, Josh's breakfast wasn't something I would try... but my Mickey waffles sure were yummy!!!

We enjoyed the Mara alot, and ate there a few more times!!

I am enjoying your report. We are staying at AKL for the first time in April and we are so excited. Looking forward to reading more.

I am enjoying your report. We are staying at AKL for the first time in April and we are so excited. Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you! Well stayed tuned if you are staying there, and are looking for fun info! We spend quite a bit of time there, and at the end of the trip I took TONS of photos of some of the room details!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter