Let's all root for 60% vaccination in Hawaii!

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
  • Once the state reaches 60% of residents vaccinated, the state would expand the vaccine passport program to incoming trans-Pacific travelers vaccinated anywhere in the US.
  • When the state reaches 70% vaccinated, all travel restrictions will end.
The official count.
https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavir...uld-know/current-situation-in-hawaii/#vaccine

Currently sitting at 52% vaccinated and 59% receiving at least one dose of the required two doses for Moderna or Pfizer.

8% to go!

Did the govenor give any sort of time timeline estimate as to when he thinks the state will reach the 60% and 70% thresholds? And I'm assuming no restrictions at 70% means travelers from outside of the US are now able to enter without a test and just show proof of vaccination?

I am hoping the rates go up also. I wish they would accept vaccinations from other states.
There may be rare side effects from vaccines, not to diminish that possibility but we know getting COVID can cause longterm health consequence(including heart problems) or death. Didn’t Hawaii just recently have there first pediatric death.

Did the govenor give any sort of time timeline estimate as to when he thinks the state will reach the 60% and 70% thresholds? And I'm assuming no restrictions at 70% means travelers from outside of the US are now able to enter without a test and just show proof of vaccination?
They did not give any guesses.

At 70% no test or proof of vaccination will be required from anyone entering the state.

Did they specify if that 60%/70% benchmark is the entire state population? Looks like that 53% figure is 12+ population. Currently younger are not getting vaccinated but I wonder how they would handle if all ages were approved. Likely they would revert to that statistic and probably go a bit backwards statistically.

And IMO it’s the same mentality that leads some vaccinated adults to expect everyone else, including children, to take the vaccine too.
-Transmission is significantly reduced within the vaccinated population
-Each transmission is a chance for a mutation that is more aggressive or resistant to current treatments.

Based on those two facts, why should vaccination not be encouraged?

Did they specify if that 60%/70% benchmark is the entire state population? Looks like that 53% figure is 12+ population. Currently younger are not getting vaccinated but I wonder how they would handle if all ages were approved. Likely they would revert to that statistic and probably go a bit backwards statistically.
The denominator is the entire state population, even those ineligible due to age.

They did not give any guesses.

At 70% no test or proof of vaccination will be required from anyone entering the state.
They are working on a vaccine passport that is suppose to go into effect sometime this summer.

They are working on a vaccine passport that is suppose to go into effect sometime this summer.
At the press conference yesterday the governor said it would be preferable to have electronic verification, but that manually seeing the CDC card would be enough at 60%.

At 70% there would be no need for manual or digital verification since all travel restrictions are removed.

At the press conference yesterday the governor said it would be preferable to have electronic verification, but that manually seeing the CDC card would be enough at 60%.

At 70% there would be no need for manual or digital verification since all travel restrictions are removed.
Sounds good to me. Either way i plan on wearing my mask where i cannot social distance 👍🏻

Both % have crept up slightly towards the goal.

53% fully vaccinated.
60% have started the process.

Just need that 7% that have started to complete the process.

Not sure that will happen in the timeframe I need to avoid testing. I need to test on July 3rd. Given the 3-4 week lag between first and second doses it will be really close for me.

People traveling mid July or later should feel with some confidence that if vaccinated they will not need pre travel test.

Important to note that the 70% threshold is apparently when they plan on lifting the indoor mask mandate, which strikes me as borderline insane.

People traveling mid July or later should feel with some confidence that if vaccinated they will not need pre travel test.
Unless you have kids below vaccination age, in which case this isn't really very helpful at all. It makes it a bit cheaper, because we'll have to pay for fewer tests, but sill no more convenient.

Both % have crept up slightly towards the goal.

53% fully vaccinated.
60% have started the process.

Just need that 7% that have started to complete the process.

Not sure that will happen in the timeframe I need to avoid testing. I need to test on July 3rd. Given the 3-4 week lag between first and second doses it will be really close for me.

Im closely watching too. I truly believe they will meet 60% in a couple weeks. It has been going up almost a percent a day fully vaccinated. I’ve been monitoring it since we leave 6/26. Keeping fingers crossed.🤞

Important to note that the 70% threshold is apparently when they plan on lifting the indoor mask mandate, which strikes me as borderline insane.

Unless you have kids below vaccination age, in which case this isn't really very helpful at all. It makes it a bit cheaper, because we'll have to pay for fewer tests, but sill no more convenient.
There are 7 of us going in August with 1 child under 12. If 6 of us can just show proof of vaccination it will save us a lot of money.

Crossing my fingers for 70% by August 7th. I think there is a chance but rates have been slowing down elsewhere. I wonder if Ige sticks to that 70% number if vaccination rates stall as folks who intend to get vaccinated probably already did....

At the very least I'm glad he actually set up some milestones which has been a major problem with Murphy here in Jersey....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter