Less Wookies, More Cookies! A Tale of Upgrades, Utilidors, and FUN! 10/23--Complete!!

I love the BC. It’s so pretty and close to Epcot and the pool is AMAZING…
disneypicturesone1510.jpg

disneypicturesone1511.jpg

disneypicturesone1512.jpg

disneypicturesone1513.jpg

We met up with Jess and mom in the lobby and were able to check in Cape May Café shortly
disneypicturesone1516.jpg

disneypicturesone1517.jpg

disneypicturesone1519.jpg

disneypicturesone1521.jpg

The meal began!
disneypicturesone1522.jpg

disneypicturesone1523.jpg

The seafood was of course a big hit with my family! This was my seafood-less plate!
disneypicturesone1524.jpg

Those things in the salad are croutons! They were HUGE! The salad was great, the chicken was yummy, and the potatoes were awesome!

Cornbread and potatoes.
disneypicturesone1529.jpg

Crab legs
disneypicturesone1530.jpg

My parents (mom’s wearing her new necklace!)
disneypicturesone1526.jpg

The desserts here are disappointing, IMO. But the focus is on the main buffet, so I’ll excuse them.

We paid and went to the gift shop. I got my friend a bracelet there. Then the weather was pretty nice so we decided to wander around the Boardwalk area.
disneypicturesone1535.jpg

disneypicturesone1537.jpg

disneypicturesone1550.jpg

disneypicturesone1553.jpg

disneypicturesone1555.jpg

disneypicturesone1558.jpg

disneypicturesone1562.jpg

disneypicturesone1576.jpg

disneypicturesone1583.jpg

I took SO many pictures here. I just loved the area. I took 300 pictures in a matter of about 2 hours…so a lot haha! I would absolutely love to stay at the BW or BC someday…
disneypicturesone1588.jpg

Continued soon!

Awesome updates! I hate those Friendship boats too. They are loud and stuffy. I'm glad to hear the captain tried to make them a little more fun! I love the Boardwalk and the Beach Club. Our DVC home is Boardwalk and we spent a fabulous week at the Beach club one summer. Best location in Disney World and it is so beautiful too. I hope you get to stay there one day!

The BC and the BW are definitely some of my favorite resorts. I love the whole area there. It's just nice to visit and to walk around.

Awesome updates! I hate those Friendship boats too. They are loud and stuffy. I'm glad to hear the captain tried to make them a little more fun! I love the Boardwalk and the Beach Club. Our DVC home is Boardwalk and we spent a fabulous week at the Beach club one summer. Best location in Disney World and it is so beautiful too. I hope you get to stay there one day!

Thanks! It was definitely more enjoyable this time! I love them too! They seem so great!

The BC and the BW are definitely some of my favorite resorts. I love the whole area there. It's just nice to visit and to walk around.

I was really happy I finally got to explore the area. It's so nice!

Thanks for answering my question even though I was gone ;) I actually only have the Soarin and Tower of Terror pins and I totally forgot to buy another box when I was there. Oh well, there's always next time :cool1:

I love your Boardwalk pictures :thumbsup2

Thanks for answering my question even though I was gone ;) I actually only have the Soarin and Tower of Terror pins and I totally forgot to buy another box when I was there. Oh well, there's always next time :cool1:

I love your Boardwalk pictures :thumbsup2

Oh cool! That's too bad...yes there is almost next time! Is the ticker in your sig for another trip? Thanks! I loved the area!

Jess imitating the creepy chairs’ face!
disneypicturesone1592.jpg

disneypicturesone1601.jpg

disneypicturesone1609.jpg

This guy performed; he was great! I have a video of him too…
disneypicturesone1616.jpg

disneypicturesone1618.jpg

Then we walked around some more…
disneypicturesone1633.jpg

disneypicturesone1655.jpg

We popped into the gallery store…I wanted everything in there!
disneypicturesone1658.jpg

disneypicturesone1659.jpg

disneypicturesone1660.jpg

disneypicturesone1662.jpg

Then we went through the BW lobby and out to the busses
disneypicturesone1675.jpg

disneypicturesone1683.jpg

The bus came shortly…I was skeptical when boarding the bus since I’ve heard terrible things about the Epcot resort busses, but it wasn’t bad! It’d be frustrating if it was early in the morning and you had to stop at a bunch of places, but for our purpose, it didn’t bother us…I could live with it if I ended up staying there!
disneypicturesone1684.jpg

We were traveling under this arch soon!
disneypicturesone1687.jpg

We went towards the WL bus stop
disneypicturesone1695.jpg

The WL bus was there really soon, but the drivers were switching, so we had to wait a while. It didn’t bother us…we weren’t in a hurry!
disneypicturesone1697.jpg

After waiting, we were back “home!”
disneypicturesone1700.jpg

disneypicturesone1706.jpg

Continued soon.

Oh cool! That's too bad...yes there is almost next time! Is the ticker in your sig for another trip? Thanks! I loved the area!

Why yes, I actually have two trips planned in December! I'm going at the beginning of the month for my birthday, and at the end with Matt's parents for Christmas (they go every year)!

The buses at the Epcot resorts can be a bit frustrating, but you really learn how to cheat the system (aka you walk a lot). Since you're in walking distance of two of the parks, the cuts out two bus rides, and we tended to take our time and walk through Epcot to catch the monorail to MK. If you have to take the bus, you learn to get off at the first stop and just walk to your resort. You always beat the bus and it's much less stressful!

Why yes, I actually have two trips planned in December! I'm going at the beginning of the month for my birthday, and at the end with Matt's parents for Christmas (they go every year)!

The buses at the Epcot resorts can be a bit frustrating, but you really learn how to cheat the system (aka you walk a lot). Since you're in walking distance of two of the parks, the cuts out two bus rides, and we tended to take our time and walk through Epcot to catch the monorail to MK. If you have to take the bus, you learn to get off at the first stop and just walk to your resort. You always beat the bus and it's much less stressful!

WOW! Lucky lucky you! Are TRs expected?

Ohhh...that makes a lot of sense! They are pretty close together...I've read that sometimes in the mornings they only go to one resort (like just YC/BC) and then go to the parks...is that normal?

Oh, that guy at the BoardWalk is so cool! I think I've heard about him before. I mean, to balance a wicked tall small basketball net on his face than manage to throw a ball into the hoop on one shot. Wow! Just... WOW!

Love the pictures of the BoardWalk area. It is my dream to stay at one of those resorts (well, Yacht Club... lol) Glad to hear the buses weren't a problem. :-) And of course, the WL pictures are gorgeous as ever as well, it is so photogenic :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

This morning we went to the beach. We were greeted by a group of ducks, happily living at the Wilderness Lodge.
disneypicturesone1730.jpg

disneypicturesone1733.jpg

disneypicturesone1735.jpg

It was sad knowing that this was the last morning that I’d be here for a long time…
disneypicturesone1737.jpg

disneypicturesone1739.jpg

disneypicturesone1742.jpg

disneypicturesone1751.jpg

disneypicturesone1753.jpg

disneypicturesone1764.jpg

We went to go grab some breakfast
disneypicturesone1771.jpg

disneypicturesone1774.jpg

And brought it up to the room
disneypicturesone1778.jpg

disneypicturesone1779.jpg

Here was our completed display of little treasures!
disneylasttwodays001.jpg

After getting ready, we left the room. We decided that, instead of treating the day as the last day, we would treat it as if we had been woken up on a random Friday, and told we could spend the day at Disney! Also, Jess and my dad hadn’t been to the Magic Kingdom since our first day! So it was going to be a full and fun day!
disneylasttwodays002.jpg

disneylasttwodays006.jpg

We caught the bus…I’m not sure why we didn’t get the boat this morning…we may have been worried we were running late. We were at MK shortly!
disneylasttwodays008.jpg

Got some PP
Photo0192FourBySix.jpg

Jess and my dad wanted to make sure they were at the front of the crowd for Space Mountain, since they hadn’t ridden it yet. My mom and I were more keen on watching the Welcome Show, so we stayed in the center of the esplanade, while the other two went to the right tunnel. I took video of the welcome show, but Photobucket was really slow, so I’ll see if I can update the post with the video later :)

Then, the stampede took off!
disneylasttwodays013.jpg

disneylasttwodays015.jpg

disneylasttwodays017.jpg

disneylasttwodays018.jpg

disneylasttwodays021.jpg

disneylasttwodays023.jpg

Continued next post.

Dad and Jess had gotten Fastpasses, and they reached the standby line at almost the same time we did. So we joined the line! Of course, it was quick. They sent us through to the non-Fastpass line (which we like a bit better)! It was a great ride!

After we got off, we went on again!
disneylasttwodays032.jpg

disneylasttwodays030.jpg

Another great ride!
disneylasttwodays031.jpg

Dad was able to get more Fastpasses after this. Then we headed to Fantasyland! I also texted Stephanie (Stephaniexmarie) since she was in MK that day, but she had a breakfast ADR at CRT, and then was going back to her resort to rest, so we never met up…
disneylasttwodays036.jpg

disneylasttwodays039.jpg

disneylasttwodays044.jpg

disneylasttwodays045.jpg

Now, we always say how we want to do Peter Pan’s Flight, but the line is always too long. The wait time was about 20 minutes, so we just hopped in line!
disneylasttwodays048.jpg

Of course, my camera did not cooperate, so no pictures. But I loved it!

After PPF, we headed over to Splash Mountain! It was only a 15 minute wait! It was great to be in the park for about an hour and get three of the most popular rides done!
disneylasttwodays066.jpg

disneylasttwodays069.jpg

We got Fastpasses here, too! Then we headed over to BTMRR! We usually ride this more, but this trip was only once…still great though!
disneylasttwodays072.jpg

disneylasttwodays075.jpg

We then walked on over to Haunted Mansion!
disneylasttwodays078.jpg

disneylasttwodays079.jpg

We didn’t go through the interactive queue. We got the hitchhiking ghosts that blew our heads off :laughing: Fun!
disneylasttwodays085.jpg

Then it was time for lunch! We decided on Columbia Harbour House, since it was closest, and my mom’s favorite!
disneylasttwodays086.jpg

disneylasttwodays088.jpg

disneylasttwodays090.jpg

So we get on line, and my dad wanders off. We figure he went in search for a table or bathroom, so we don’t worry and put our orders in. My mom and Jess go to find a table upstairs, and I volunteer to stay downstairs to watch for my dad.

So I wait.

And I wait.

For about ten minutes.

My mom comes back downstairs and says she’ll call him and she’ll stay there. A few minutes later they come upstairs and find our table. Turns out, my dad had run to Splash Mountain to get fastpasses. He thought it was a lot closer than it was :laughing:

You may have noticed that we had been getting a LOT of Fastpasses. No no no. These were not Fastpasses anymore.

These…were FastERpasses.

So as we coined the phrase of FastERpasses, we laughed and partook in the quick-service feast that is Columbia Harbour House.

I had chicken nuggets and yogurt (sidenote: I was sad that they replaced the Yoplait with Dannon. Yoplait’s ten times better, IMO)
disneylasttwodays092.jpg

disneylasttwodays096.jpg

Jess had the shrimp and the chocolate cake I think. I never tried the packaged cake at QS before, and I remember us both really liking it. Jess doesn’t really eat the desserts at Disney much (except for Tiramisu, Carrot Cake, or if it involves red velvet) but we both liked it.
disneylasttwodays094.jpg

My dad also had the shrimp and cake. My mom had the Lighthouse Sandwich and apple crisp.
disneylasttwodays093.jpg

disneylasttwodays095.jpg

While we were eating, a large group came into the room where we were. They were all wearing shirts that said “Molly’s Brother” or “Molly’s Mother” or “Molly’s Aunt.” Apparently this was Molly’s birthday and they had all surprised her, plus flew in Molly’s Best Friend (she had a shirt too) to meet them. It was really cute! After seeing all the shirts, it was like Molly was famous haha!

Continued soon!

Aw your Dad is adorable! And I love his shirt ;) What a great start to being "woken up on a random Friday, and told you could spend the day at Disney."

Awwww... this TR is ending already! :( Oh well... I can't believe how much you got done during this last morning. You hit some big ones. Like quadruple whammy right here. And that's so cool your dad got you guys some Splash Mountain FPs. Faster passes lol And I'm so jealous you probably got the chance to have a DISMeet with Stephanie. :sad2: lol jk

Mmmmm... CHH sounds really good. Is there any seafood there, really? It seems though it screams seafood, and yet nobody ever eats seafood there. I'm so confused :confused3 Well, maybe it's on the menu, I just need to discover it... must make note of this for next trip.

What a great MK morning! Your dad reminds me of my DH. He is always trying to collect those fastpasses. Tons of times we don't even end up using them. So I'll be interested to see if you get all those fastERpasses used:goodvibes

Oh, that guy at the BoardWalk is so cool! I think I've heard about him before. I mean, to balance a wicked tall small basketball net on his face than manage to throw a ball into the hoop on one shot. Wow! Just... WOW!

Love the pictures of the BoardWalk area. It is my dream to stay at one of those resorts (well, Yacht Club... lol) Glad to hear the buses weren't a problem. :-) And of course, the WL pictures are gorgeous as ever as well, it is so photogenic :goodvibes

I know! He was great! I couldn't believe the last trick! The YC is so classy! But I have to say I prefer the BC...even though the balconies are smaller in general, I just love all the colors and how close it is to BW/Epcot. I miss WL so much :(

Aw your Dad is adorable! And I love his shirt ;) What a great start to being "woken up on a random Friday, and told you could spend the day at Disney."

HAHA thanks! I should post a picture of his Yoda collection...it's unbelievable. Yep, I though it was a great way to spend a Friday!

Awwww... this TR is ending already! :( Oh well... I can't believe how much you got done during this last morning. You hit some big ones. Like quadruple whammy right here. And that's so cool your dad got you guys some Splash Mountain FPs. Faster passes lol And I'm so jealous you probably got the chance to have a DISMeet with Stephanie. :sad2: lol jk

Mmmmm... CHH sounds really good. Is there any seafood there, really? It seems though it screams seafood, and yet nobody ever eats seafood there. I'm so confused :confused3 Well, maybe it's on the menu, I just need to discover it... must make note of this for next trip.

I know! That morning was nuts! My dad's the Fastpass Master haha he gets the job done. I didn't get to meet Stephanie...our schedules just didn't agree...

CHH is very good! That's weird that you've never seen the seafood on the menu...it's there! The rest of my family love it! (I do too, but I don't eat seafood.)

What a great MK morning! Your dad reminds me of my DH. He is always trying to collect those fastpasses. Tons of times we don't even end up using them. So I'll be interested to see if you get all those fastERpasses used:goodvibes

That's funny that your DH does the same thing! It was great; we could go on Space or Splash whenever we wanted that day! Yeah...we didn't get to use them all...we would have been late to dinner if we did!

After lunch we went to Tomorrowland because…it was time for more Fastpasses! We grabbed them for Space.
disneylasttwodays100.jpg

Then we went to the Laugh Floor! No monsters in line, this time.
disneylasttwodays102.jpg

disneylasttwodays106.jpg

I sent in my joke but forgot to put my name/location and of course they picked it LOL. I turned to Jess and said really nonchalantly, “Oh. That was mine.” She didn’t believe me until I showed her my text from Mike Wazowski :lmao:

After Laugh Floor, we wanted to go on Space. Today we pretty much could go on Space whenever we wanted to since we got so many FPs. I got the front seat! Actually…I’m usually in the front seat.
disneylasttwodays107.jpg

Guess what we did when we came out of Space?! What can I say? We have skills.
disneylasttwodays112.jpg

Then we went on the TTA!
disneylasttwodays114.jpg

disneylasttwodays118.jpg

During the ride, as we were passing the point when you see the castle, the princesses were dancing on the stage. It was one of those moments when you just recognize how magical the place is. It was just perfect.

After TTA went on the Carousel of Progress!
disneylasttwodays120.jpg

We got some popcorn and drinks after and hung out in Star Traders. Up until this point I had been hoping that we were going to take a break and then come back for night EMH after ‘Ohana/Wishes. But the decision was made that we would just stay and go back to WL earlier.

Jess and I split, and we found ourselves at the Mad Tea Party with a fifteen-minute wait! I hadn’t done it in years, and Jess even longer!
disneylasttwodays123.jpg

disneylasttwodays126.jpg

It was a LOT of fun! I really like it!

Then we decided to go to PoTC. We crossed across the Hub to do so. It was about 15 minutes before the parade.
disneylasttwodays127.jpg

disneylasttwodays131.jpg

disneylasttwodays133.jpg

disneylasttwodays135.jpg

disneylasttwodays137.jpg

disneylasttwodays138.jpg

disneylasttwodays140.jpg

disneylasttwodays142.jpg

Because everyone was waiting for the parade, there was almost no line! We literally walked right on!
disneylasttwodays146.jpg

disneylasttwodays151.jpg

Then we met up with Mom and Dad and used some Splash Mountain fastpasses. This was the amount we had…
disneysarah1058.jpg

disneylasttwodays157.jpg

It was a great ride…so we went again!
disneylasttwodays160.jpg

Continued next post!

That was our fifth time this trip…we didn’t want to go three times in a row, so we gave our last four FPs to a family. Jess wanted to make sure she got a red velvet cupcake (she had been looking for one the entire trip, but it seems the Main Street Bakery is the only one that has them) so she went with my dad and I went with my mom to get ice cream.
disneylasttwodays161.jpg

disneylasttwodays165.jpg

disneylasttwodays167.jpg

My mom got a Dole Whip and I went on a search for a Mickey’s Cookies and Cream!
disneylasttwodays168.jpg

So I find an ice cream cart that has it, and it’s manned by no less than three CMs. And they’re chatting away, oblivious that a girl with five dollars is standing there in front of them. Then one just looks up, asks me what I want. I answer, but they continue chatting for a bit before actually getting it. Then they chat some more before ringing me up. They ask for the money, gave me my change, and continued talking, turning their backs. It was weird. And rude. :confused3 But I had my ice cream, so whatever!

I found my mom and we enjoyed our ice cream in the shade.
disneylasttwodays170.jpg

Jess and my dad were lucky enough to be gifted two Space Mt. FPs so they rode once with those after the cupcake. Speaking of the cupcake, here it is! (I don’t know why it looks brown in the first picture…)
disneysarah1059.jpg

disneysarah1060.jpg

After our ice cream, my mom and I walked over towards Tomorrowland, passing the castle.
disneylasttwodays172.jpg

disneylasttwodays174.jpg

disneylasttwodays176.jpg

disneylasttwodays179.jpg

We used some Space FPs!
disneylasttwodays180.jpg

disneylasttwodays185.jpg

After that we did Buzz. We had gotten some FPs for it earlier and we used them now. I rode with Jess.
disneylasttwodays186.jpg

disneylasttwodays191.jpg

disneylasttwodays193.jpg

I am pleased to say that I got the highest score! I was so proud of myself!
disneylasttwodays195.jpg

After Buzz we decided to go on Space again. We had a BUNCH of FPs that needed to be used.
disneylasttwodays199.jpg

So this next picture needs a bit of explanation. Throughout the entire trip Jess had worn sunglasses. She would wear them inside even. Even…in the darkness of Space Mountain…there weren’t many pictures of this weirdness though haha
disneylasttwodays207.jpg

So I sat in the back this time and it hurt my neck a bit. The front is definitely the place for me! We had three more sets of fastpasses but mom and Jess decided they were done. I didn’t know that that would be my last ride of the trip, so I wasn’t ready to stop! Neither was my dad, so we went on again!
disneylasttwodays210.jpg

After a fun last ride we were ready to start heading out.
disneylasttwodays214.jpg

disneylasttwodays217.jpg

Continued soon!

So I find an ice cream cart that has it, and it’s manned by no less than three CMs. And they’re chatting away, oblivious that a girl with five dollars is standing there in front of them. Then one just looks up, asks me what I want. I answer, but they continue chatting for a bit before actually getting it. Then they chat some more before ringing me up. They ask for the money, gave me my change, and continued talking, turning their backs. It was weird. And rude. :confused3 But I had my ice cream, so whatever!

May this be a lesson... always get the Dole Whip too :lmao:

I feel ya on Space Mountain. I have now decided I will only ride it in the front. The back is the world's most uncomfortable experience. That is one of those rides that I'm really disappointed they "revamped" I kinda wish they would have left it as is!

All of your fastpasses are cracking me up! I think your dad needs some kind of award for fastpass collecting! Sounds like an awesome day and that cupcake looks very yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter