Legoland question-is buying fast track passes necessary?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
My family is going to LL for the first time on a friday in mid-june. I am concerned about wait times given the capacity of many of the rides (even if we are there to rope drop the park). I looked into LL's version if fast pass, but the unlimited version costs around 80 bucks a person!

My question is basically how bad do the lines get in summer there? For those who have used the fast passes, did they think it was worth it?

thanks in advance for the help!

No not worth it. They switch the big rids to virtual when they think the park will be busy and those are great. If more than one adult have each adult download the app and they can each hop in line for the virtual queue. We have gone over labor day, during brick or treat and this past jan 1-3 and the first two hours every single time has been quiet and can get alot done.

We are LL pass holders and have been 2x this past year...we’ve never done it. There are some rides that tend to earn long waits, but there is also the virtual queue. For that price, you could add an extra park day instead to tackle everything.

We just got back from said Land of the Legos. Without FastTrack Unlimited passes; I don't believe that we could have "done it all" in the one day that we had.

We did LegoLand on Saturday, January 30th, 2021. We ended up being about fifteen minutes late on "rope-drop". Next we had to take our FastTrack vouchers (that we bought from them online) into a gift shop, wait in line, and finally get our FastTrack Unlimited wristbands (which appears to include a time-consuming manual process of taking down a number from one source and writing it on another source). I don't know if our helper was being trained in, or what, but that line was not moving quickly, and every wristband seemed like it needed to be documented three ways in different books.

By the time we got going, we had easily burned a half hour. I was starting to feel foolish for buying the FastTrack passes. I read everywhere that they weren't really necessary. Our first stop was the carousel; bad move, just keep moving, that's everyone's first stop! No express pass for that, so already I was wondering what kind of stupid mistake I had made.

Then the day started to curve back our direction. Through the use of the passes, we zoomed past long lines for Unikitty's Disco Drop and Masters of Flight. After those; it seemed like every ride had a long line that we got to zoom past (except Battle of Bricksburg; it was cold out). We got done with all the rides except the Great Lego Race and Kids Power Tower; and that was by choice from a timid rider. We could have easily made it on both in the time we had. Instead we did Unikitty again, and tried to do Masters of Flight; but it broke down for the day after we had been in pre-boarding for a half hour. They kept saying it would be back up in ten minutes; but finally said it wasn't going to happen, and gave us a fastpass card which was worthless to us. Oh well.

I felt slightly uncomfortable with people looking at us like we were jerks; but not so much that I wasn't going to use those things and go to either no line or a very short one. I overheard somebody ask (as we walked past the long line for AquaZone Wave Racers) if they had started another line or what. I stopped, showed them my band and said "it's the FastTrack line". I know how I'd feel watching people zoom past me not knowing why; at least knowing it was an option available seemed beneficial. I'm sure more people must have been thinking it multiple times throughout the day.

Still; I stand by it. With the length of the lines on the particular day that we went, I don't believe we could have done everything (yes even the Duplo rides). We didn't wander the Cypress Gardens or whatever either, I should mention. We also stopped for lunch; I thought the sandwich at Ultimate Sandwich Builder was great!

I think if it's a slow day, then it's not as worth it. We went on a beautiful Saturday.

We just got back from said Land of the Legos. Without FastTrack Unlimited passes; I don't believe that we could have "done it all" in the one day that we had.

We did LegoLand on Saturday, January 30th, 2021. We ended up being about fifteen minutes late on "rope-drop". Next we had to take our FastTrack vouchers (that we bought from them online) into a gift shop, wait in line, and finally get our FastTrack Unlimited wristbands (which appears to include a time-consuming manual process of taking down a number from one source and writing it on another source). I don't know if our helper was being trained in, or what, but that line was not moving quickly, and every wristband seemed like it needed to be documented three ways in different books.

By the time we got going, we had easily burned a half hour. I was starting to feel foolish for buying the FastTrack passes. I read everywhere that they weren't really necessary. Our first stop was the carousel; bad move, just keep moving, that's everyone's first stop! No express pass for that, so already I was wondering what kind of stupid mistake I had made.

Then the day started to curve back our direction. Through the use of the passes, we zoomed past long lines for Unikitty's Disco Drop and Masters of Flight. After those; it seemed like every ride had a long line that we got to zoom past (except Battle of Bricksburg; it was cold out). We got done with all the rides except the Great Lego Race and Kids Power Tower; and that was by choice from a timid rider. We could have easily made it on both in the time we had. Instead we did Unikitty again, and tried to do Masters of Flight; but it broke down for the day after we had been in pre-boarding for a half hour. They kept saying it would be back up in ten minutes; but finally said it wasn't going to happen, and gave us a fastpass card which was worthless to us. Oh well.

I felt slightly uncomfortable with people looking at us like we were jerks; but not so much that I wasn't going to use those things and go to either no line or a very short one. I overheard somebody ask (as we walked past the long line for AquaZone Wave Racers) if they had started another line or what. I stopped, showed them my band and said "it's the FastTrack line". I know how I'd feel watching people zoom past me not knowing why; at least knowing it was an option available seemed beneficial. I'm sure more people must have been thinking it multiple times throughout the day.

Still; I stand by it. With the length of the lines on the particular day that we went, I don't believe we could have done everything (yes even the Duplo rides). We didn't wander the Cypress Gardens or whatever either, I should mention. We also stopped for lunch; I thought the sandwich at Ultimate Sandwich Builder was great!

I think if it's a slow day, then it's not as worth it. We went on a beautiful Saturday.
Stevie, thanks for the response and the counter argument to my question. I think where I am at right now is to just risk not getting the passes and take our chances. We are going on a weekday in june so i will guess it will be busy and we will need to rope drop.

The main issue fo me is the cost of the passes. Thanks to black friday, I paid just over 100 dollars for our 3 admission tickets. The cost of the fast passes would be close to 300 bucks! (For.comparsion, sea world's quick queue add on is 25 dollars a person.)

What scares me is LL's ride capacity. I watch videos and I am ready to buy the fastpasses immediately! :)

Anyway, thanks again everyine for the responses so far! Keep em coming!

We are also passholders like the poster above, and we never get the fast track passes... except once. They used to have these 3-pack passes that would get you on 3 rides, but they were almost always rides you never need them for. Once, they actually included the Lego City Race, so I got them. (The VR slooooowed that ride loading down so much) It was the only way we were able to ride that thing for 2 years. Then, the next trip... there was no one there at all, and we rode it 5x straight without even having to go back thru the queue, lol!

I think a lot can happen between now and June. Between news of COVID variants making the disease more prevalent and news of more vaccines getting close to approval, it’s hard to know if things will be better, worse, or about the same four months from now. Maybe wait and see what capacity is like closer to your trip. It’s not like you have to decide now about the passes.

We went in a weekend in June 2019, and didn’t feel like passes were necessary. However, the biggest limitation was the park basically shutting down for distant lightening. It didn’t even rain, but we got vouchers to return another day because the rides were shut down long enough to trigger the rain guarantee. June often has afternoon thunderstorms, so plan to do your priority rides in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter