Leaving the hubbies and kids behind - A May 2010 PTR, TR has begun!

Love your plans Katie!! You will definitely be on the go but I find that you always have more energy at Disney LOL!!

I love that you have a plan already! :goodvibes It looks great. Cali Grill and R&C for fireworks fun! :cloud9: I say go with your gut on your last day and roll with whatever you want to do. If it won't feel right without saying goodbye at the MK and hitting Goofy's Candy Co in Downtown then go for it! Kona or GFC would be great. I also hear nice things about The Wave in the Contemporary.

SO excited for your trip!! :yay:

Tracy also recommended The Wave but I just can't pinpoint what on the menu doesn't appeal to me. I'm leaning toward GFC just because I have never visited the GF and they have a dessert sampler that sounds divine :cloud9: I think I will pencil in that plan for Saturday and like the other days; just say if we aren't feeling it, we make other plans, no biggie!

I definitely need to hit Goofy's this day because my boys will forgive me for leaving them if I bring home some dipped marshmallows :lmao:

I don't think that is possible for anyone but Charles! :rotfl:

As long as I don't get the stomach bug again I won't plan on spending a lot of time at the resort :upsidedow (although I noticed the pool bar at CSR serves buffalo chicken sandwiches, I may have to make a point to have one of those with a drink one afternoon)

Love your plans Katie!! You will definitely be on the go but I find that you always have more energy at Disney LOL!!

I'm hoping so!

I love your plans, Katie. They look great. :thumbsup2

I'd be sure to fit in MK on your last day, it's hard not to go there on my last day too.

I just came back from the grocery store and picked up a couple things for our trip!

they had a deal where if you bought a package of chinet plates, you got a package of the disposable coffee cups with lids AND a 2 lb bag of coffee for free! I have no immediate need for the plates but the cups and coffee will be coming to Disney with me :) Now I'll be able to make some good coffee in the morning, drink it on the bus and not have to carry a cup around the rest of the day!

I still have to figure out if there is an easy way to get a few groceries. All I think I will really want is some diet pepsi (there is no way I will make it a week on coke alone!), some creamer for my coffee and maybe some water bottles. I would also consider maybe some bagels and cream cheese but I'm not sure it would be worth the delivery fee for garden grocer for so few items. I'm sure I can pick up most of the items on site for not much more.

Can you purchase Pepsi products anywhere in "the world"?

I have never seen Pepsi products there (but then we don't drink them -- Atlanta is the home of Coca-Cola, so we tend to be big Coke drinkers :laughing:).

Your plans are looking really great! I like your idea of doing MK on that last night, it always seems like the best way to finish a trip. And the Dessert Party...:cloud9: I hope it gets extended for you!!!

(although I noticed the pool bar at CSR serves buffalo chicken sandwiches, I may have to make a point to have one of those with a drink one afternoon)

And it's a pretty tasty buffalo chicken sandwich! ::yes::

Can you purchase Pepsi products anywhere in "the world"?

I don't know for sure, but PERHAPS the Swan/Dolphin since they truly aren't Disney properties?

Your plans are looking really great! I like your idea of doing MK on that last night, it always seems like the best way to finish a trip. And the Dessert Party...:cloud9: I hope it gets extended for you!!!

I think wishes and a final pigout on yummy desserts sounds about perfect for a final night :cloud9:

I have never seen Pepsi products there (but then we don't drink them -- Atlanta is the home of Coca-Cola, so we tend to be big Coke drinkers :laughing:).

I don't remember seeing Pepsi products but then again I don't look for them. :confused3

I don't know for sure, but PERHAPS the Swan/Dolphin since they truly aren't Disney properties?

I figured I would ask about pepsi products on another forum. I got some pretty funny responses to say the least!! :rotfl2:

In case you are at all interested:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34635086#post34635086

:rotfl: I just read your Pepsi post :rotfl:
Sorry, not a Pepsi fan here so I was really cracking up at some of the posts!
It is rare that I drink soda but when I do it is Coke or Diet Dr Pepper.
When I am at Disney I always drink iced tea (not sweet though :crazy2:) unless I am in France and you know what is good there! :laughing:

Tracy

:rotfl: I just read your Pepsi post :rotfl:
Sorry, not a Pepsi fan here so I was really cracking up at some of the posts!
It is rare that I drink soda but when I do it is Coke or Diet Dr Pepper.
When I am at Disney I always drink iced tea (not sweet though :crazy2:) unless I am in France and you know what is good there! :laughing:

Tracy

I almost responded to the guy who said I should just drink water something like
1) I only drink Diet Pepsi, no sugar, just chemically produced sweetners
OR
2) You are right, pop is full of junk, I should just stick with alcohol

:lmao:

Coke Zero is pretty much everywhere in Disney, Katie. So if you like that then you might have an option there. :confused3

LOL...sticking with the alcohol...okay that was just laugh out loud funny!!!!!

I think your plans look great and I am very excited for our dinner. I will pm you the confirmation number as we get closer. Plus I still have to cancel the other ADR I made. I really should call on Monday and do that. I made one under Denny's name and one under my name. Then I sort-of forgot about it. My bad!

I have been toying with this crazy idea of taking a January trip because I can get an AP rate of $49.20 at ASMU, but I woke up this morning with a more brillant plan. I am definately leaning more towards arriving Saturday evening by myself. I will let you know if that happens because maybe we could meet sometime on Sunday while I'm waiting for the rest of the crew to arrive.

I can't believe we are under 5 months now!!!!!! :woohoo:

Coke Zero is pretty much everywhere in Disney, Katie. So if you like that then you might have an option there. :confused3

I think I've had it at my parents house and thought it was OK. I'll have to try again. It certainly would be easier to just buy the few groceries we need at the resort and get a refill mug for drinks at the hotel.

LOL...sticking with the alcohol...okay that was just laugh out loud funny!!!!!

Seriously...people sure had serious opinions on my question! I think the attractions board is full of good info but lots of people sure get worked up quickly (I actually saw a post on a different thread where someone called Robo some nasty names and got a lot of backlash for it. When I clicked to the next page, the posts had been reordered and the offensive ones deleted!)

I think your plans look great and I am very excited for our dinner. I will pm you the confirmation number as we get closer. Plus I still have to cancel the other ADR I made. I really should call on Monday and do that. I made one under Denny's name and one under my name. Then I sort-of forgot about it. My bad!

I have been toying with this crazy idea of taking a January trip because I can get an AP rate of $49.20 at ASMU, but I woke up this morning with a more brillant plan. I am definately leaning more towards arriving Saturday evening by myself. I will let you know if that happens because maybe we could meet sometime on Sunday while I'm waiting for the rest of the crew to arrive.

I can't believe we are under 5 months now!!!!!! :woohoo:

I'm really excited too!! I can't decide if I want to try to lose some weight before this trip so I have "room to grow" when the time comes or if I should just stay "in training" until then :rotfl2:

Sorry a January trip hasn't seemed to work out for you but that would be so cool if you came early. We'll be doing the TSMM dash on Sunday morning!

Once upon a time, when Beth and I were freshman in high school, we were friends with a guy who was a senior and in theater and jazz chorus with us. Years later, he ended up finding a job in Disney entertainment. I haven't talked to him in person in a LONG time but we are friends on facebook. I sent him a message the other day letting him know that we are coming and he sent me a message back that he would love to get together and catch up sometime that week!

I'm so excited for this trip :banana:

He typically works behind the scenes but says he occasionally gets to "play dress-up", usually as 1/2 of Chip and Dale. I would :love: it if he were in costume sometime while we are there. Wouldn't it be fun to have a picture knowing it was him in there!

I think wishes and a final pigout on yummy desserts sounds about perfect for a final night :cloud9:

I figured I would ask about pepsi products on another forum. I got some pretty funny responses to say the least!! :rotfl2:

In case you are at all interested:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34635086#post34635086

Oh yes, the final pigout on yummy desserts IS perfect for your final night! I'm sure you'll love it!!!! :thumbsup2

The Pepsi thread is funny! Some people are getting quite defensive about it all, you'd think you would have brought up the "reuse or buy new mug" topic. ;) I do like the idea of buying at the airport, but it might add up to be more expensive than delivery, plus veryyyy heavy!

I almost responded to the guy who said I should just drink water something like
1) I only drink Diet Pepsi, no sugar, just chemically produced sweetners
OR
2) You are right, pop is full of junk, I should just stick with alcohol

:lmao:

:rotfl2: Oh that would have been GOOD.

Once upon a time, when Beth and I were freshman in high school, we were friends with a guy who was a senior and in theater and jazz chorus with us. Years later, he ended up finding a job in Disney entertainment. I haven't talked to him in person in a LONG time but we are friends on facebook. I sent him a message the other day letting him know that we are coming and he sent me a message back that he would love to get together and catch up sometime that week!

He typically works behind the scenes but says he occasionally gets to "play dress-up", usually as 1/2 of Chip and Dale. I would :love: it if he were in costume sometime while we are there. Wouldn't it be fun to have a picture knowing it was him in there!

That's awesome!!!!!!

Oh - that does sound like fun! I love Chip n Dale and it would be cool to know that character is your high school friend.

That is very cool. I went to high school with Barry Cook, who directed Mulan and has worked on many Disney films and projects. He is the co-director, of a new one that is coming out in 2011, I believe. He was a bit younger than I was, and I didn't know him know him, not enough to touch base with him. I sure do think it would be super cool to see what all he's been doing and see some behind the scenes stuff at Disney, though. I should have looked into the crystal ball to see his future and befriended him a little more way back then! :laughing:

I hope you do get to catch up with him and get to see some cool Disney secret stuff maybe. :thumbsup2

Oh yes, the final pigout on yummy desserts IS perfect for your final night! I'm sure you'll love it!!!! :thumbsup2

I haven't heard if they are extending the dessert party or not, I think the last ones planned are coming up soon :confused3

The Pepsi thread is funny! Some people are getting quite defensive about it all, you'd think you would have brought up the "reuse or buy new mug" topic. ;) I do like the idea of buying at the airport, but it might add up to be more expensive than delivery, plus veryyyy heavy!

I know! Seriously people, you need to chill out! :laughing: I doubt I will bother with garden grocer but I will by dying by the end of the week!

Oh - that does sound like fun! I love Chip n Dale and it would be cool to know that character is your high school friend.

Totally! Even if not, it will be great to catch up with him and find out exactly how he ended up there!

That is very cool. I went to high school with Barry Cook, who directed Mulan and has worked on many Disney films and projects. He is the co-director, of a new one that is coming out in 2011, I believe. He was a bit younger than I was, and I didn't know him know him, not enough to touch base with him. I sure do think it would be super cool to see what all he's been doing and see some behind the scenes stuff at Disney, though. I should have looked into the crystal ball to see his future and befriended him a little more way back then! :laughing:

I hope you do get to catch up with him and get to see some cool Disney secret stuff maybe. :thumbsup2

That is so cool! I know I have found it really interesting to reconnect with people from high school and see what they have "grown up" to become. Our 20 year reunion is coming up this summer and I am actually looking forward to finding out more about where people ended up.

I am totally not expecting anything when we meet in WDW but secretly I'm hoping for a little extra pixie dust of some kind *SHHH* don't tell!

So I really don't know how I am going to sleep tonight! Today is the last day to book the 4/3 deal and rumor has it the next deal that will be good through the end of May will be released. It is said they will be offering a gift card with stay but of course exactly how much (less for values, more for mods and even more for deluxe) and whether it will be combined with a room discount is yet unkown. I have spent the day going over the different rumors, plugging them into a spreadsheet with different options and trying to figure out what we should do. I just feel like we will want to act fast but really can't make a decision until the details are released.

Too bad I have to work tomorrow! I'm wishing we had this entire week off like so many schools do but we have 2 more days and I am subbing both. I guess I will get up early enough to find out what the deal is, call Beth during my lunch/planning time and hopefully have a booking by dinner time.

wish me luck!

good luck!!

YOu could always book with the current deal... then switch it if the new one is better..... That way you won't miss out if it's not...

P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter