Leatherman

TheWalsh

Earning My Ears
As a habit I carry a Leatherman multitool( better have it and not need than to need it and not have it) is it okay in "checked", the luggage the deliver to your room. I know this works for airlines.

As a habit I carry a Leatherman multitool( better have it and not need than to need it and not have it) is it okay in "checked", the luggage the deliver to your room. I know this works for airlines.

It is not allowed. Check the DCL web site under "prohibited" items , it falls into the category of knives and tools.

I guess that makes sense, but it will feel wired to me. I feel incomplete with out it.

TheWalsh said:
I guess that makes sense, but it will feel wired to me. I feel incomplete with out it.

Some people do say that about their gun or drugs ;-)
It's not allowed and i don't know if you get it back after the cruise if the confiscated the item...

You do get the confiscated items back, DH forgot about his Swiss army knife that was in his suitcase until we got it back at the end of the cruise.

My BIL is like you OP, he feels naked without his Leatherman and he had confiscated from his luggage when we last cruised. It was returned to him at the end of the cruise but I forgot how/where it was given back to him.

MJ

Yvet said:
Some people do say that about their gun or drugs ;-)
It's not allowed and i don't know if you get it back after the cruise if the confiscated the item...

I'm not addicted, I prefer to have it at...all... Okay I see your point

But do a search for it again.

Because TSA does allowed a 3" blade knife again it could be changing...

Yvet said:

It's not a TSA issue. You certainly get it to the cruise ship in checked luggage, you just can't get it on board.

Don't be so qiuck.............seems they are reviewing this .............including a congresssional review...................lots of people and groups have objected

personally I don't see a problem.

AKK

Tonka's Skipper said:
Don't be so qiuck.............seems they are reviewing this .............including a congresssional review...................lots of people and groups have objected

personally I don't see a problem.

AKK

Here in the Netherlands it alwas all over te news that it was going to be allowed.
Ofcourse we didn't hear anything about any reviews about this (it's always the same with the news, first a big story but when there is any ews about that, we don't hear it...).
So i didn't knew anything better then it was going to be allowed by TSA....

My DH's Leatherman was in his shaving kit both times we cruised. The last time was 2 weeks ago. It was not confiscated.

Here in the Netherlands it alwas all over te news that it was going to be allowed.
Ofcourse we didn't hear anything about any reviews about this (it's always the same with the news, first a big story but when there is any ews about that, we don't hear it...).
So i didn't knew anything better then it was going to be allowed by TSA....

No problem....it was on the news here friday.........as I said I don't think a small folding knife is a big deal........and I don't think they will change it back..........most likely the political people looking for more votes!

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter