Latest School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were talking about metal detectors. As a PP stated it takes 2-3 people to run each detector.
Schools don’t have the resources to have the security levels that say a stadium does, which was what a another poster was asking about.

I know what we were talking about.

The metal detectors at the federal courthouse doesn’t take two people. There are two and one person with each one. Same as some of the large indoor venues we have been too. In fact you go through the metal detector as you hand the door person your ticket. There are officers inside but they are doing more than one job.

And of course they don’t have the money or the need to have the security levels of a stadium. Don’t expect them to do that. Doesn’t mean it can’t be much better than it is.

I know what we were talking about.

The metal detectors at the federal courthouse doesn’t take two people. There are two and one person with each one. Same as some of the large indoor venues we have been too. In fact you go through the metal detector as you hand the door person your ticket. There are officers inside but they are doing more than one job.

And of course they don’t have the money or the need to have the security levels of a stadium. Don’t expect them to do that. Doesn’t mean it can’t be much better than it is.

For the purposes of a school, likely if you are having a metal dector you are also needing bags searched, either by hand or through a machine like the airport. That takes more staff.
I am not saying these measures are practical, again was responding to the person that said why can’t we have security at schools like we do stadiums.

For the purposes of a school, likely if you are having a metal dector you are also needing bags searched, either by hand or through a machine like the airport. That takes more staff.
I am not saying these measures are practical, again was responding to the person that said why can’t we have security at schools like we do stadiums.

That’s what they do at the federal courthouse. You put your bag down and the officer looks through it as you walk through the metal detector. As long as the thing doesn’t go off, he hands you your bag when you get on the other side.

At the venues with the metal detector at the door where you give them your ticket, they do have the bag search before you go in the building. So I guess counting the bag checkers, yeah, it would be more than the school would have.

I heard somewhere that you could make guns that don't trip metal detectors, prints or something. Is this for real, or more rubbish?

Maybe from the 3D printers?

That's what I'd thought. But apparently you still need some metal parts and they only survive 2 or 3 shots. Still that's all you need, right?

I was fed something about a polymer Glock... but I think that came from a Die Hard movie?

That's what I'd thought. But apparently you still need some metal parts and they only survive 2 or 3 shots. Still that's all you need, right?

I was fed something about a polymer Glock... but I think that came from a Die Hard movie?

I don’t know much about guns. But yeah if you can hit your target I guess 2 or 3 shots would do it.

Am I missing something with this? He made a statement and an expert countered it. The FDA lists the possibility of violent behavior as a side effect.

The FDA lists just about everything as a side effect. The NRA should stick to talking about guns and leave medication to the experts.

The FDA lists just about everything as a side effect. The NRA should stick to talking about guns and leave medication to the experts.

Damn right. re meds, it always peeves me when people self medicate with Xanax and stuff. Go see a doctor! They know better that you in terms of effect and side effects. It's what they're there for!

You mean the NRA is sounding like the anti-vaxers; spouting off without any actual proof?
In a different words yes. With the exception that the original study that linked vaccines to autism was debunked over and over. With what the NRA is saying is something that hasn't been shown to be a correlation rather than a false study put out like the vaccine/autism one.

*With that being said I do respect people's ability to advocate for their own families.

The Glock mentioned in that movie has more than a pound of steel.

You could potentially create a single shot that would evade metal detection, but it would be unlikely to be useful for a second shot and may not even successfully fire once.

24 hour news, social media, and kids today wanting desperately to be revelant. How many likes on their Instagram post, how many watched their YouTube video.
Exactly. A lot of kids want to be You Tube famous. I think that’s just part of their culture. The question is, how do you change that thought process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter