Late fall 2021 discounts?

I am really surprised no discounts have yet been released past September! I was expecting some sort of special offer to be announced by mid-July based on when they've come out in the past.

I've looked at various dates in October through December and many of the resorts have no availability. If the rooms are booking without a discount, there's no need to offer a discount. Unfortunately, that seems to be the case right now.

I've looked at various dates in October through December and many of the resorts have no availability. If the rooms are booking without a discount, there's no need to offer a discount. Unfortunately, that seems to be the case right now.

I think you are exactly right...but I wonder how many people are holding rooms waiting and may cancel? Of course I'm sure Disney has some sort of algorithm that calculates money saved by not offering a discount against potential loss of revenue from a % of cancellations! And I'm not up to date on which resorts are still closed but can't imagine (if any are actually still closed) that they won't open soon and have a need to fill those - but I really don't know the news on that front?

I just know I have a reservation in November and would love a discount! But my sweet senior dog has cancer and depending on how his treatments go I may need to cancel anyway as that takes precedence of course!

I think Chapek mentioned the resorts were 70% open on the last earnings call. Given that the parks still have reservations available I think they will keep offering more room as staffing allows but if so many are sold out at high prices, it's doubtful coupons would be coming. Especially given the energy around the 50th. Lots of cancellations would be the one thing that can reasonably happen and change Disney's mind.

For the dates I have been watching there is more availability every day. We have a reservation but we are in no way committed to the trip. We are waiting to see the state of the world, how Genie ends up working, etc before we decide to take the trip. High prices don't make that math work out in Disney's favor.

If we do see discounts I think they will either be super last minute or through Priceline where they don't have to advertise the discount.

I think you are exactly right...but I wonder how many people are holding rooms waiting and may cancel? Of course I'm sure Disney has some sort of algorithm that calculates money saved by not offering a discount against potential loss of revenue from a % of cancellations! And I'm not up to date on which resorts are still closed but can't imagine (if any are actually still closed) that they won't open soon and have a need to fill those - but I really don't know the news on that front?

I just know I have a reservation in November and would love a discount! But my sweet senior dog has cancer and depending on how his treatments go I may need to cancel anyway as that takes precedence of course!

I’m so curious about this! How many people or agents are holding rooms to the cancellation deadlines for either discount or Covid updates.

I’m so curious about this! How many people or agents are holding rooms to the cancellation deadlines for either discount or Covid updates.

I didn't even think about agents holding blocks of rooms, I was thinking more about individuals who want to go for the 50th and are waiting and watching...but that's a good point! Agents could definitely hold a lot waiting to see and then release them if demand goes down? I'd be curious if this happens a lot as well!

A friend that we're traveling with called reservations about requesting certain rooms a few days ago. She asked her about any fall discounts coming up and she said "watch for August 28th". So take it with a grain, but this IS what she said! Crossing fingers! :)

A friend that we're traveling with called reservations about requesting certain rooms a few days ago. She asked her about any fall discounts coming up and she said "watch for August 28th". So take it with a grain, but this IS what she said! Crossing fingers! :)

That makes a certain amount of sense given that the Annual Passholder and Florida Resident offer expires on Sept 4th. Fingers crossed that a late fall/holiday season offer is released around the 28th.

I need to call them for myself today so I'll definitely ask as well! :) I was also reading that many families with young children are cancelling as well since they aren't vaccinated. If I had young ones, I would definitely do the same right now!

I need to call them for myself today so I'll definitely ask as well! :) I was also reading that many families with young children are cancelling as well since they aren't vaccinated. If I had young ones, I would definitely do the same right now!

I'm marking my calendar to check, just in case!!! Let us know if you hear anything! This is also a reminder I need to look and see if I want to make any room requests!

Is there a specific number and extension to make room requests?

I've always just called the main reservation number. They can't guarantee a room but you can ask for your request to be included in your reservation.

My Disney Experience has a way to make some basic requests (I think like king or queen bed?) but I have called before and requested certain locations and floors (like at Animal Kingdom Lodge) and those were always accomodated. Of course I used to travel 'off season' and now I think there is no true 'off season.'

At least that's a rumor to work with lol we haven't even had many of those, but that is a Saturday seems like a odd day for a discount.

Any news?
I have a reservation with the 25% off but if something better comes as long- then I may switch from Pop. 😉

I don’t think there’s any availability left for my days even if there is a discount. Wonder if they are releasing more rooms…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!