Late fall 2021 discounts?

Well, we just cancelled our November reservation. I’ll rent a 5 bedroom house off site and still save money from rack rates.

Sorry you had to cancel your onsite stay because of the lack of discounts. I am sure you will appreciate the space and cost, but it's annoying you didn't have the option of a discounted room!

We are in a situation where this trip kind of has to happen if we want to go with the group we are going with and we do. I am starting to plan ways to get some of the cost back like bringing breakfast stuff with us and things like that. If it was just me I would just cancel the trip and do it a different time I have thought about shortening a few days but I hate to miss the time with my niece and nephew.

We are kind of in the same situation. We have others traveling with us, but not staying with us. If we cancelled, they'd have to cancel or move all of their plans as well. We're pretty much resigned to paying rack, but man it hurts. I'm mentioned this in other threads, but I think unless something changes with current management this will be our last trip, sadly.... 😟

We are in a situation where this trip kind of has to happen if we want to go with the group we are going with and we do. I am starting to plan ways to get some of the cost back like bringing breakfast stuff with us and things like that. If it was just me I would just cancel the trip and do it a different time I have thought about shortening a few days but I hate to miss the time with my niece and nephew.

That is tough!!! Maybe we will still get a discount- I'm going to try and stay hopeful! But that time with family will be so important. Hopefully if we don't get a discount you can find some ways to balance out costs. Although annoying you have to plan that way when they could offer discounts given the astronomical prices for everything!

I am torn...this is meant to be a splurge trip for me anyway (getting in some of my wishlist resorts after a very difficult year). But it's a splurge even with a discount! I just don't know if it gets to my 30-day cancellation day without any discounts if I can justify the cost? Maybe I'll downgrade or shorten the trip, or cancel?

When is your trip planned @emilymad?

We arrive Thanksgiving weekend for a week plus. I would understand the days immediately before or after Thanksgiving not having a discount but not the entire week. At this point we are researching other places to travel instead of Florida. If there are no discounts then we would do an offsite, non Disney trip instead if we still decide on Florida.

And we can't really plan our budget since we don't know how much to budget for Genie+ and IAS yet.

We are kind of in the same situation. We have others traveling with us, but not staying with us. If we cancelled, they'd have to cancel or move all of their plans as well. We're pretty much resigned to paying rack, but man it hurts. I'm mentioned this in other threads, but I think unless something changes with current management this will be our last trip, sadly.... 😟

It is sad to think we are getting priced out of Disney! It will be interesting to see how this plays out in 1 to 5 to 10 years...if it's going to hit a point where people really do give up on WDW and then the prices and deals come back to within reason or if people keep paying? We will have to wait and see I guess.

We arrive Thanksgiving weekend for a week plus. I would understand the days immediately before or after Thanksgiving not having a discount but not the entire week. At this point we are researching other places to travel instead of Florida. If there are no discounts then we would do an offsite, non Disney trip instead if we still decide on Florida.

And we can't really plan our budget since we don't know how much to budget for Genie+ and IAS yet.
That is our plan, too. We went from a week onsite to an off site house and only two days at Disney (MK and HS). It’s not worth it to add on the others.. I’d rather take the kids to the space coast for a day and maybe hit up universal for HP world. We’ll still end up saving money.

We normally check in the Saturday/Sunday after thanksgiving and normally the discounts fell in to that window. Sometimes we would do a one day on Saturday and start the package on Sunday but we've always got a discount of some sort free dining or room depending on the year.

We're booked rack rate at AKL (savanna-view) in early December. No way we are keeping that reservation if a discount doesn't appear. It's $815/night. I'm not exaggerating, it's just a regular savanna-view room, and it's 60% more than it was the last time we stayed there, in December 2019, when it was already pretty darn expensive.

We booked it only because we were expecting a discount. If none appears, the rez gets canceled.

We're booked rack rate at AKL (savanna-view) in early December. No way we are keeping that reservation if a discount doesn't appear. It's $815/night. I'm not exaggerating, it's just a regular savanna-view room, and it's 60% more than it was the last time we stayed there, in December 2019, when it was already pretty darn expensive.

We booked it only because we were expecting a discount. If none appears, the rez gets canceled.

I wonder (hope) if Disney happens to monitor these boards. Seems like a lot of people are ready to cancel if no discounts popup. Then again, maybe that's what they are counting on. Who knows anymore....

We are currently booked at rack rate for BC 10/28-11/2. We have never paid anything close to rack rate and will cancel if a discount does not become available. For our dates, there is not even a less expensive option available, at this point!....so frustrating.

I have been looking at our dates in the middle of October (Mon-Sat reservation) and it went from no other resorts to book over the summer for those dates to now having over 10-12 choices at all different price points.

Makes me wonder if people are cancelling or if they’re slowly releasing inventory… I made our reservation last December through a Disney planner, so I’ve had it for awhile.

I have been looking at our dates in the middle of October (Mon-Sat reservation) and it went from no other resorts to book over the summer for those dates to now having over 10-12 choices at all different price points.

Makes me wonder if people are cancelling or if they’re slowly releasing inventory… I made our reservation last December through a Disney planner, so I’ve had it for awhile.

It's the same for our dates at the start of October. There was virtually nothing available. Now there is a lot. I've been wondering if there really are that many cancellations happening.

One of the benefits to an AP is usually getting a nice hotel discount. We're not going to travel to Disney as much if there's no hotel discounts and if we're not going to Disney as much then no need for an AP pass. 😡 So frustrated with all these changes!

I think people are just canceling. For our mid-Sept trip, there was pretty much nothing available when I booked in July, save three choices: ASMu and two expensive options (IIRC it was GF and Coronado, both for rooms that cost more than $900 a night). About 4 weeks ago inventory started popping up, now there are numerous rooms available at all resort levels.

Many of the rooms popping up on the WDW site for our dates are also showing up fairly quickly on Hotwire and Priceline too.

Edited to add: I wonder if WDW will pivot and suddenly offer last-minute or targeted discounts if they don't get the bookings they expected for the fall and beginning of the 50th?

when would fall 2021 discounts traditionally be shown?

I was looking at a one night stay in October and saw no availability as well with no discount.

I think people are just canceling. For our mid-Sept trip, there was pretty much nothing available when I booked in July, save three choices: ASMu and two expensive options (IIRC it was GF and Coronado, both for rooms that cost more than $900 a night). About 4 weeks ago inventory started popping up, now there are numerous rooms available at all resort levels.

Many of the rooms popping up on the WDW site for our dates are also showing up fairly quickly on Hotwire and Priceline too.

Edited to add: I wonder if WDW will pivot and suddenly offer last-minute or targeted discounts if they don't get the bookings they expected for the fall and beginning of the 50th?

I think so too...

I received a survey from Disney asking on a 1-10 scale how likely we were to keep our reservation. I entered a 1 I think. I was then asked what would it take to keep our reservation. One of the reasons I provided was that I would need a discount.

They also asked how long was our trip to central Florida and how many nights were on property.

So Disney is definitely getting some feedback regardless if they take action or not.

I received a survey from Disney asking on a 1-10 scale how likely we were to keep our reservation. I entered a 1 I think. I was then asked what would it take to keep our reservation. One of the reasons I provided was that I would need a discount.

They also asked how long was our trip to central Florida and how many nights were on property.

So Disney is definitely getting some feedback regardless if they take action or not.

Interesting...did you get the survey by email or did it pop up while you were on the WDW website?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter