• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last Night of Cruise

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
On the last night of our cruise, we'll be at Palo Steakhouse for dinner. Of course we'll let our servers know ahead of time but I'm just wondering how to handle tipping. I know about the envelopes and how to tip but since we won't be in the MDR the last evening (which is when we give them the envelopes), what should we do? I will add more money via guest services if need to but do we just tell the staff that "it's taken care of and they'll get it" or something like that? What would you do?

On the last night of our cruise, we'll be at Palo Steakhouse for dinner. Of course we'll let our servers know ahead of time but I'm just wondering how to handle tipping. I know about the envelopes and how to tip but since we won't be in the MDR the last evening (which is when we give them the envelopes), what should we do? I will add more money via guest services if need to but do we just tell the staff that "it's taken care of and they'll get it" or something like that? What would you do?

On our last seven-night, we actually had our envelops in time that we could have tipped the second-to-last-night of the cruise if we needed to do so. Or, if you go to breakfast on departure morning, you could do it then. But in the end, unless you give them extra cash, they get it whether you hand them the envelop or not. So just explain to them the night before that you won't see them again, but their tips have been taken care of and you appreciate their service.

I would let them know my plans the previous night. You can then deposit your envelopes by Guest Services. Or, if you are inclined you could go to your scheduled MDR before or after your Palo dinner and give it to them personally.

We often eat at Palo on the last night and do not eat breakfast in the MDR. We do not make a special trip for tip envelopes. As @brentm77 said, any tips that are charged to your shipboard account will go to the servers, whether you give them the actual paper slip or not. Now, if you are planning on extra tips in cash, you will need to make arrangements for that, but you can also just add them to your shipboard account at guest services.

Give it to them at breakfast on debarkation day. You go to your table just like you would dinner and they serve you breakfast that morning.

This is largely why I always make sure that my tips are on my account, rather than in cash. If you don't use cash, they'll get the tip regardless of whether you see them or hand them the envelope or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter