Last minute Genie help

tmg4612

Earning My Ears
Hi! Arriving WDW Thursday, staying onsite and plan to start hopper tickets Friday. Parks sold out for holiday weekend, so I’m really anxious. I’ve read the Genie + rules, threads and tips AND I STILL DON’T UNDERSTAND! This trip is going to revolve around Star Wars and FOP.

Until I get the hang of this, my initial plan is to wake up at 6:50am Friday morning; go into my Disney app and hopefully see somewhere to purchase RotR $LLs and possibly FOP $LLs for a time slot after 2p.

If the crowds are impossible, maybe I’ll purchase Genie+ for future days (after midnight), and finally try to understand what “stacking” means.

Will this work? Or are the purchased ILLs for these two rides as hard to get as an Ohana ADR? TIA!

You shouldn't have any trouble purchasing both RotR and FoP at 7am. Practice ahead of time by clicking on the bottom far right icon on the app (three horizontal lines) and then click on Tip Board. Change park to Hollywood Studios and scroll down to RotR where you will see link Book/Purchase Experience. That is the link you will use.

Be aware that the time you choose may change drastically by the time you confirm the booking.

If it should happen to say Unavailable, don't despair. Keep trying and by 7:10-ish, there ought to be plenty of times available to choose from.

Ditto for FoP.

If you plan to purchase G+ also, it is a separate process. You will want to pay for it prior to 7am so you are ready to book an LL at 7. You pay for it through the My Day tab (to the right of the Tip Board tab) and then click on the purple banner which says Get Disney Genie+ for Today.

Thank you! One last dumb question…I read thru the examples again, can I put both RotR and FOP in my cart and pay at the same time or are they two separate transactions (every second counts)?

Thank you! One last dumb question…I read thru the examples again, can I put both RotR and FOP in my cart and pay at the same time or are they two separate transactions (every second counts)?
You have to do separately. If possible have one family member do one and another do the other.

Where r u staying and what are your Park Pass locations for the day?
I assume you have Park Pass for HS on Friday .
Do you plan to park hop to Epcot?

…Sorry Last night I was in the middle of my attempt to share the !!! Cause I have similar planning …How can Epcot be closed to capacity? Unfortunately it was deleted because the Dis updates the system in middle of the night.
Safe travels !

Hi again
Would love a quick trip report with any helpful advice.
Thanks !

Last edited:
If you can’t get a second person to buy the second ILL, I would get RotR first. It seems to go fastest. If you are getting genie + then Slinky is the one that goes fastest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter