Las Vegas Shooting

Why? That would be my question, why would it be necessary?

No offense to Avril Lavigne whatsoever. I'm sure her family and friends would be devastated to lose her and I hope she is quite healthy and happy. However, I just don't see why she would have any type of special status that would require replacing her with a double if she were to suddenly lose her life? A politician key to an upcoming vote or a major celebrity on the lines of a Michael Jackson, Prince, Carrie Fisher even -- someone with some major upcoming project would be much more plausible.

Apparently it was started years ago by some blog to show how easy it is to start and spread a conspiracy theory. I guess they proved their point as it still pops up with people pointing to all kinds of silly little things as proof.

This is getting entertaining (dredging up memories of old, niche conspiracy theories that 99.9% of the thinking population never took seriously to begin with and which most had pretty much forgotten about). popcorn::

If people want to try and use those as analogies to what is going on in Vegas, fine, but please explain how they relate to the present environment of a recent massacre.

Specifically, one where the lack of the expected "immediate clear explanation of why this happened" (ergo, online manifesto, scores of friends and acquaintances who once carefully interrogated start recalling clear warnings signals, paper trails that indicate possible motives, etc.) and a relentless 24/7 new cycle are what are fueling speculation of conspiracy.

Very different environment from random, obscure claims made in fall, 1969 that the moon landing had been staged. Or claims by a cab driver in 1977 that he was hailed by Elvis in a seedy area of Panama.

Last edited:
This is all starting to sound like a debate, with rules and percentages and all kinds of fun things.

What a shocker.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will satisfy the conspiracy theorists.

ETA
Yep. I just read some of the comments. Cray cray.

Very cray cray. These people who claim to care about the "truth" sure do get suckered by some very strange conspiracy theories very easily. Unless the "truth" is complicated and full of twists and turns it can't possibly be "the truth." SMH.

Thank goodness, our long national crisis is over. Most importantly, does the media have his location locked down now?

Seriously, I saw a snip on the news this morning. The guy looked all kinds of awkward and uncomfortable. Putting aside the fact that he just went through a serious and up close brush with a very traumatic incident, maybe he's that rare breed who isn't looking for his 15 minutes.

Hadn't heard that one, do people really say that? SMH.

I just saw on Yahoo homepage (I know, it's Yahoo, but that is where my email is) the headliner is the story about Campos vanishing.
I don't get it, there is no evidence the man is actually missing. There is some union rep saying he is. Why do the news media outlets report this stuff?
On a personal note I do love reading the comments from readers but at the same time it scares me that there are people out there that think they way they do. I'm in my little bubble, my family and friends, and you guys here on the DIS. Sure there are some in my bubble that I wonder about LOL, but reading the comments on Yahoo, or other sites just shows how many really crazy people there are out there :scared1:

Not only did people believe it, but someone came with a gun to the pizza place in question (a very family friendly, normal, neighborhood pizza place) to "investigate" and take care of it himself. It was pretty big news in DC. Fortunately no one was injured.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/22/politics/pizzagate-sentencing/index.html

I live in a city with several newspapers with a national audience. There were way more when I was growing up but it is what it is.
I have subscriptions to 2 of the papers and both have different editorial views on various policies; I like to be able to read both "sides of a coin" in a dispassionate and erudite manner. There are 2 local papers that I refuse to read since I consider them bad substitutes for toilet paper and they can't even be used to clean glass. And there is one I read for business purposes that has no editorial section to speak of.

Getting news from the 'net has some advantages: I no longer need to walk to the "doesn't exist anymore" newsstand and pick up freshly made bagels and bialys nearby since THAT shop is long gone too. Now, I can read my news from the out of town papers online the same way I procure my local news.

However, still, leery of various news feeds from FB, Yahoo, etc , since many seem to lack an appropriate filter.

However, still, leery of various news feeds from FB, Yahoo, etc , since many seem to lack an appropriate filter.
Yup. I might start with FB /Yahoo/etc on a particular story, but I usually dig a little deeper to find a more reliable source to read the information.

Well, this is horrifying. The victims are being harassed and threatened. I quickly did a Youtube search and there's pages of this stuff.

http://www.newsweek.com/las-vegas-conspiracy-theory-accusations-hurting-shooting-victims-693661

Also read a story that some of the survivors are already getting hit with huge medical bills. What happened to the $10million Gofundme account?

Sadly I am not surprised that the victims are being harassed. I think you are a special kind of crazy to believe these tragedies are hoaxes, and when you are that kind of crazy it shows.

Sadly I am not surprised that the victims are being harassed. I think you are a special kind of crazy to believe these tragedies are hoaxes, and when you are that kind of crazy it shows.
I agree. Anyone that thinks crisis actors are a thing and these tragedies are hoaxes is off their rocker and can't be reasoned with.

Well, this is horrifying. The victims are being harassed and threatened. I quickly did a Youtube search and there's pages of this stuff.

http://www.newsweek.com/las-vegas-conspiracy-theory-accusations-hurting-shooting-victims-693661

Also read a story that some of the survivors are already getting hit with huge medical bills. What happened to the $10million Gofundme account?
The gofundme page now has $11,277,083 with the goal at $15million. The goal keeps changing due to how much people keep giving (I remember when the local news in Vegas were talking about the goal being just $2million then $4million, etc). Heck a person 13min ago donated $10,500. I wouldn't be expecting the funds to just be dispersed immediately. The event happened less than a month ago. What I do expect is more clarity on their plan with the funds. Based on how the newsanchors and whatnot reacted on local Vegas TV in the few days after the event people just did not expect the overwhelming financial support that people gave. Perhaps this is causing delays. IDK just thinking out loud.

The medical bills at this time should be sent to the victims but the hospitals, etc shouldn't be enforcing an actual date of payment due to the nature of what happened at least IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter