Laissez les bon temps rouler (let the good times roll). Short trip to Universal for Mardi Gras 2021......Feet don’t fail me now.

Robo56

Look into my eyes
Tuesday February the 9th continued

After sampling the food I decided to go over to look at the Tribute Store.

This float was right across from the Tribute Store

3F40285D-FC24-4826-999A-BEFA2E09AD5B.jpeg

2F65BFC7-9E4C-4A6C-966D-CAB1986FAAA9.jpeg

FC509430-00ED-49B2-B0D1-A4FD9A855782.jpeg

The female stilt walker in front of this float had people dancing for the beads she was giving them. Everyone seemed to be having fun.

Don’t believe I have touched on this, but I was so glad I was here during the week. I could see things significantly busier on the weekends.

E49B8AC4-3030-4E5D-9532-54F383077FC9.jpeg

A103AA80-7E58-42A5-9098-9E2399F837E5.jpeg

How fitting that they had a picture of Louis Armstrong as you entered the store. He was one of the greatest trumpet players of all time. He set the bar extremely high and was the hero of every young boy and girl that picked up a horn. He had a true gift. He was one of the most influential figures in jazz. May He Rest In Peace.

There was a nice collection of masks and musical equipment on display.
B3CFA96D-1DC9-4DE8-B8A1-1373C1B6656D.jpeg

9BE871C7-C202-41B8-9D3D-394E810A6849.jpeg

6CCB7AC2-9C4B-4CF6-AD97-492D9EE4F97C.jpeg

D14533E5-32A3-4A2D-ACEC-1523CAE0711B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Worfiedoodles

DIS Veteran
    I really want to try some Tribute Store desserts! It seems like an event in itself to walk through, check out the decorations and merch, and find a little snack!

Robo56

Look into my eyes
    It's really amazing how Universal transforms this store for different seasons.
    I saw the Tribute Store for 'HHN light'. It was incredible!!
    They have done a wonderful job with the Tribute Store.

That Tribute store is so fascinating!
    It was really nice. This was bigger then the HHN Store

Yes, they have done an amazing job on the Tribute Store, love the dark Bayou and graveyard scenes they`ve added to the theme. Looks very atmospheric.

Loving the pictures and reading about your time there.
    Thank you. I ‘am so glad you are enjoying the photos and the report.

I really want to try some Tribute Store desserts! It seems like an event in itself to walk through, check out the decorations and merch, and find a little snack!
    I wish I had sampled some of the desserts. There are some hot items too. They are located under the Bayou Bites sign. They had so many food options to choose from it was hard to figure out what to try in just 3 days.

I could definitely see Universal doing a Food and Wine Celebration event. It would be marvelous to see what the Chefs’s would come up with for food. They have done a fantastic job with food choices and flavors for Mardi Gras.

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
    Looks like they knocked it out of the park on the Tribute store! Interesting to see many ‘repurposed‘ sets & props from past events!
    Germany.........Pork Schnitzel Slider
    Family is there now, they appreciate your recommendations.

Said the slider was amazing, pretzel too. DS ordered the Bloody Mary, sent a pic, no review yet. He rarely drinks alcohol, they did say they couldn’t make it ‘virgin’. Rather surprised at that.

Pumpkin1172

DIS Veteran
    Wow...the tribute store!!!! Is this the first year of them doing one like this year round?

Loving the pictures!!!!!

Unfortunately no bacon flavored vodka...but that would be sweet. But the one place we frequent has a great bacon ceasar. They garnish it with a great piece of bacon, and they rim the glass with a bacon dust and salt mixture and also use the dust as well in the actual liquid part of the drink. It is devine!!!! So tasty. I'm not a huge bacon lover, but that drink it a favorite of mine.

• Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS