• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kristin Stewart is awkward!

I will say, to be fair, I did love her in the movie Speak. Albeit, that's because the main character doesn't speak much and is supposed to act pretty darn awkward-so that was one role she flourished in.

IMHO she is a terrible actress. She is very one dimensional, atonal and very limited in her range. I have never understood her "stardom" but then again I am probably not her intended audience.

Same here..but then there are often people who become "big" that I simply can not understand the appeal of. She is known for being very "flat" and unemotional as an actress so I can imagine she likely doesn't come off well in interviews either.

If she is terribly shy, as was spoke about on the Oprah show years ago, which I watched, then I would think that interviews or any public speaking would be difficult. And physically, she does show traits of that shyness when she speaks. Her body definitely reacts to it. Head down, lack of eye contact, etc. I think the more attention that is put on her the more shy she becomes. Which is not unusual for people who suffer from being introverted.
I think that her shyness which may come across as awkwardness to some can be relatable to teens, which obviously would help her popularity.

There is a movie called The Cake Eaters that she filmed prior to Twilight that I liked. The character she plays has a little more depth to it.

IMHO she is a terrible actress. She is very one dimensional, atonal and very limited in her range. I have never understood her "stardom" but then again I am probably not her intended audience.

....personally, I don't have her 'awkwardness' to be a problem, as I had heard that she is extremely shy. However, ITA that she is very one-dimensional [acting-wise], and it seems that every character she portrays seems to be the same....:confused3

Beauty might be the most subjective thing there is.

Just as I didn't think Beyonce was the most beautiful person in the world when she was dubbed as such I do think Kristin is beautiful in that girl next door kind of way. Not drop dead gorgeous or ravishing but definitely beautiful.

My goodness, but your neighborhood must be so terribly interesting in a La Bohème-kind of way, what with heroin addicted and consumptive girls-next door. Some of us are saddled with meth-heads in cut-off britches and rotting dentiture.

....personally, I don't have her 'awkwardness' to be a problem, as I had heard that she is extremely shy. However, ITA that she is very one-dimensional [acting-wise], and it seems that every character she portrays seems to be the same....:confused3

Yeah I saw Snow White last night. Movie was good but she is just so one dimensional. It was basically "Bella meets the evil queen". Chris Hemsworth was the only reason I went to see the movie :love:

I do agree she is very awkward in interviews. But it doesn't bother me. I have never seen Twilight, not interested, and my dd cant' stand her in Twilight. But she LOVED Speak and we both enjoyed Snow White. She is fine, and I really don't care either way.
But when you are talking about why someone so shy or awkward would go into acting, has anyone seen Harrison Ford on a talk show??????? He's been my favorite since I was a kid, but watching him in interviews is often very uncomfortable.

I do agree she is very awkward in interviews. But it doesn't bother me. I have never seen Twilight, not interested, and my dd cant' stand her in Twilight. But she LOVED Speak and we both enjoyed Snow White. She is fine, and I really don't care either way.
But when you are talking about why someone so shy or awkward would go into acting, has anyone seen Harrison Ford on a talk show??????? He's been my favorite since I was a kid, but watching him in interviews is often very uncomfortable.

I agree that Harrison Ford is an awkward interviewer. However, it seems that Ford actually has thoughts rattling around in his head with a difficulty getting them out while Kristen Stewart seemed to be having trouble forming thought.
I guess it 'bothers' me because I know there are lots of intelligent, entertaining, well spoken, actresses out there who could fill her shoes in a second, and yet we are stuck with Kristen Stewart.

Not to beat this subject to death, but I think the biggest problem is not her shyness but as said earlier, her usage of drugs. I have seen quite a few articles and news reports about her usage. There is pictures of her smoking a pipe and looking quite stoned.

The girl has a problem. If she ever gets cleaned up maybe she can think straight and focus better. From what I have heard also the only reason she has as much fame as she does is because of her fans, the pre teen and some teens.

DD17 told me that she heard that they vote over and over when they like someone. They go to see the person's movies over and over. I think allot of the kids think she is "cool", maybe they feel they can relate to her due to her age or something. :confused3

Another good example of this would be Taylor Swift. Yes, the girl has talent, but she no way deserves all the awards she has won. She is not as good as Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, George Strait, so on. Yet, the pre teens and teens vote like crazy for her, plus buy her records, go to her concerts, far more then an adult would.

For Kristen's sake I hope she gets her "act" together and gets help. Maybe she has more talent then she herself is aware of. If I am way off and wrong, then I am sorry, but I think I am correct on this.

I guess it 'bothers' me because I know there are lots of intelligent, entertaining, well spoken, actresses out there who could fill her shoes in a second, and yet we are stuck with Kristen Stewart.

Oh this is exactly it for me too! There are so many others that would be great (and show emotion) in the roles that she has had.

What I've learned today - women are better seen and not heard, and beauty is all that matters. Better to be stupid than "meaty". (pssst, what's meaty?)

It is odd, right? Why would someone so painfully shy make movies?? I was very shy as a young girl and teenager, the last thing I'd ever imagine myself doing would be to make a movie. It's weird.

I'm starting to think whoever said her issue is drugs may be correct. I've read some of her interviews and she sounds bizarre and disconnected.

I have no opinion of her, can't stand the Twilight series so I never saw the movies. But, I guess most of you don't read a lot of interviews, but a lot of actors are very shy. Kiefer Sutherland is extremely shy and has said so in countless interviews, as have many other actors. I think the reason they can act, is they become the character in their mind. Maybe Kristen just hasn't cotton to that point yet.

Also, DH just saw Snow White, said it was fantastic.

My goodness, but your neighborhood must be so terribly interesting in a La Bohème-kind of way, what with heroin addicted and consumptive girls-next door. Some of us are saddled with meth-heads in cut-off britches and rotting dentiture.

OH big deal, Firedancer has an opinion that differs from what Hollywood teams beautiful, so do I and I am a female. And so what he likes to look at attractive people on screen, so do I and so does most of the world. I would much rather see a very attractive man on screen that is an ok actor over a not very good looking one that is brilliant. But thankfully Hollywood rarely lets that happen, they are ALL about illusion and beauty and all that is fake.

:sad1: If this is meaty, wanna be called meaty. :sad1:

Khloe-Kardashian-pic-8.jpg

Everyone has their own ideas of what they find attractive, so whatever.... *shrug*

I had to Google Kristen... didn't know who she was. Then I watched a YouTube of some interview. According to the comments, she's always like that. It is a little strange to watch.

:sad1: If this is meaty, wanna be called meaty. :sad1:

Khloe-Kardashian-pic-8.jpg

Everyone has their own ideas of what they find attractive, so whatever.... *shrug*

I had to Google Kristen... didn't know who she was. Then I watched a YouTube of some interview. According to the comments, she's always like that. It is a little strange to watch.

From my experience, most men prefer their women to look like women, and then you have some who prefer their women to look like a boy...whatever floats your boat. :rolleyes1

As far as Kristen's acting goes--she's was terrible in the Twilight series and painful to watch. Thank goodness for the man candy in the movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter