Kohl's Veterans Day Sale 2018

Very nice!

I ended up with 17 orders totaling $566 and change.
12 orders were under $12.59
1 order was for $55 and earned $10 in Kohl's cash.
The rest ranged between $15 and $24

Unfortunately none of this was Christmas shopping. Mostly it was clothes for me and stuff for the house. Six of my orders were for 2-packs of curtains for the family room.

The biggest surprise for me was being able to use a $75 Kohl's gift card towards five of my orders and still get the 30% discount. I had picked up the Kohl's gift card a couple of weeks ago using an offer on my Wells Fargo credit card that gave me 40% in cash rewards for making a Kohl's purchase of up to $75. So I earned $30 in rewards on the $75 gift card purchase.

Nice!

Very surprised on the gift card. I knew I was going to spend at least $300 and wanted to buy Kohl's gc from Meijer for 10% off to use, but I assumed the discounts wouldn't work...darn! That would have been another $45 saved/earned. Oh well, I was out of MPerks accounts to get any more gift cards anyway. I was begging friends. lol

I shopped thru ebates, which earned around $12. I don't know if there was a better way to max that either.

I may have some random Kohls gift cards in my stash. Maybe I'll try to use them up today, too, if my SIL gets me her kids Xmas lists and I can find stuff to buy them.

Honestly, I found a good amount of clothes on clearance. By pure luck, I had several combo's of $9 and $16 items that got me the $25 exactly. I know my "savings" was $80 on several $11.16 orders.

I used very few "fillers". I had a bunch of few dollar items saved to my list but I didn't end up needing them.

Last edited:
I hope everyone is remembering to go through a shopping portal. I'm using ebates today as it is 3% vs SB 1%. Didn't even check anywhere else. May look into RMN.

I put in five orders this AM, but somehow I can't shake the feeling that I am going to get in trouble!

Found Yankee Candle votives for $1.49. Only available for in-store pickup near me (not sure if available for everyone) but they are available for the discount so good filler item.

I put in five orders this AM, but somehow I can't shake the feeling that I am going to get in trouble!

I don't know how many years they've run this, but this is my 2nd year. I think they'd have put controls in place if they didn't want to allow customers breaking up their orders for the coupon.

The part that gets me is the shipping. I think it's so wasteful that they are going to send me 25 packages when it could be 1-2.

I assume the worst that will happen is they cancel the orders. I mean, I'm shopping thru my online account with my Kohl's charge. I'm not trying to "sneak" anything. If it's not allowed, so be it. If they ship it, it must be ok.

Honestly, I didn't even read the terms of the coupons. Since they are showing up in my "wallet" each and every time, I didn't really think about it. When I have received other $ off coupons, if they were one time use, they disappeared after using.

Last edited:
Kohls has the sock advent calendars (12 days of socks). Just an FYI for those looking. So far I've seen Harry Potter, Nightmare before Christmas, GoT, etc

I did remember to go though Ebates and my cashback came through for all my orders. Nine of my order have already shipped. The challenge today will be staying away from the Kohls site so I don’t order “just one more thing.”

I did remember to go though Ebates and my cashback came through for all my orders. Nine of my order have already shipped. The challenge today will be staying away from the Kohls site so I don’t order “just one more thing.”
I know! I keep thinking of things that we need!

How do you get around the shipping charge with smaller orders? Seems like you need $50 to get free shipping but most people are saying they had smaller purchases.

How do you get around the shipping charge with smaller orders? Seems like you need $50 to get free shipping but most people are saying they had smaller purchases.

If you have kohls charge you get free shipping. You need the kohls charge for the 30% off as well.
If you don't have a charge, a lot of item are free ship to store or free store pickup.

If you have kohls charge you get free shipping. You need the kohls charge for the 30% off as well.
If you don't have a charge, a lot of item are free ship to store or free store pickup.
Thank you! I hadn’t logged into my account yet and it’s been awhile since I’ve bought anything from them online :)

So far, so good. I've placed 7 orders.

DH- big and tall sleep pants
DS-fleece pj set, plaid flannel shirt
DD-fleece pj set, slipper socks
Me- workout leggings and 2 tops
SIL/DD- candle and slipper socks-last year the candles came broken so fingers crossed that it survives the mail to them

I used towels as fillers and got DS 2 sets for college next year.

Now I'm at the dilemma stage. My corningware french white dish cracked a few weeks ago. I have 2 over 20 year casserole dishes with an outdated pattern that are still fine but I could donate those. We are probably moving next summer and paring down things to pack.

However, there is an 18 piece set that I could get for $59 after stacking codes, then get $10 kohls cash. Someone tell me I can't pass that up or I should just wait until next year.

Now I'm at the dilemma stage. My corningware french white dish cracked a few weeks ago. I have 2 over 20 year casserole dishes with an outdated pattern that are still fine but I could donate those. We are probably moving next summer and paring down things to pack.

However, there is an 18 piece set that I could get for $59 after stacking codes, then get $10 kohls cash. Someone tell me I can't pass that up or I should just wait until next year.

I hear you. I've been sitting here and hour, moving stuff in and out of my cart - "do I really need it" sort of thoughts.

I think if you get rid of the old - go ahead and treat yourself to the new. Especially if you cook a lot. Just be sure to purge the old stuff.

That's where a lot of people get into trouble. They replace and just throw the old down it the basement or something.

I've shopped this sale for at least 4 years, maybe even 5. I've placed 10+ orders every year, many times close to 20. Kohl's is well aware of what everyone does - if they wanted to stop it, they would have by now.

But I agree with the PP that shipping all those individual packages is ridiculous. I wish they would combine orders for shipping. Or just make the deal $10 off for every $25 spent in an order so we don't have to place multiple orders. Honestly, if I wasn't frustrated trying to find fillers that were things I would actually use (and not just a waste of resources because I won't ever use it), then I would probably buy a lot more!

Thanks for the reminder - I actually had $30 in Kohls cash I almost let expire. I did 3 orders for the Advent socks sets (2 in one order to use up the Kohl's cash with the $10 code) and 2 more with a t-shirt for me - spent $27 total for the 4 socks sets and 2 Ts, and this will be a fun Xmas novelty gift for the kids (I got Harry Potter, Marvel, DC, and Star Wars:))...

Thank you for the multiple orders tip! Just put in a bunch of orders and spent $60 to get Mickey PJs for our family of 4, the dog, and a Minnie dress and leggings for DD! Finally convinced DH to do matching PJs this year, but I couldn't stomach the $90 price for them last week! It's a tradition in my family to open up 1 present each on Christmas Eve - always new PJs.

I've shopped this sale for at least 4 years, maybe even 5. I've placed 10+ orders every year, many times close to 20. Kohl's is well aware of what everyone does - if they wanted to stop it, they would have by now.

But I agree with the PP that shipping all those individual packages is ridiculous. I wish they would combine orders for shipping. Or just make the deal $10 off for every $25 spent in an order so we don't have to place multiple orders. Honestly, if I wasn't frustrated trying to find fillers that were things I would actually use (and not just a waste of resources because I won't ever use it), then I would probably buy a lot more!

I placed 20 orders last night. Today I get an email that 12 of them have been cancelled and my account locked. When I called to unlock it they told me I exceeded my allotted times I could use the coupons and all my remaining and future orders using the coupons will be cancelled :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter