Know Before You Go Updated - May 17 - Testing rule changes

I have also found a company called OnPoint Testing that seems to do the same thing. They allow you to use your own rapid antigen tests as long as it is FDA EUA approved and they seem to be cheaper. It looks like an appointment is $18.99 but when I chatted with a customer service rep for the company she implied that I can do 2 people per appointment which to me then is less than $10/person for a telemed visit to watch them do my rapid antigen tests at home.

https://onpoint-testing.com

Anybody with any experience with this company?
Will Dcl accept this?

We have a four day stay at WDW then two DCL cruises with two days in between them. So I emailed Inspire Diagnostics about the testing we have to do for both cruises. This is the response I got…

Hello,
Disney will be sending out another email on May 23rd to clarify the new regulations. Right now this is what we know, you would have to use a home test kit provided by Inspire which you can order once you register for Safe Passage, 15 days before your cruise. You wouldn't be able to use another home test.

Pre-Trip Antigen Test for Vaccinated Guests
• Guests will be able to order Pre-trip Antigen tests 15 days prior to their sail date, when they can register on Safe Passage
o Vaccination documents must be approved, before they are allowed to order the Pre-Trip Tests through Safe Passage
• Guests taking the Pre-trip antigen test have to take it 1-2 days prior to their sail date.
• All Pre-trip At-Home antigen kits will be proctored through Inspire Diagnostics
o When you order your Pre-trip At-Home test through Safe Passage you will be emailed a zoom link.
o All members of your party may test in the same session. A single at home test order can be placed for all guests in your reservation. Please see your confirmation email for details.
o Results will be automatically updated in your Safe Passage account after your telehealth appointment. There is no action required by you.
• Guests will be able to schedule on-site testing appointments for Pre-trip tests
• Guests can go with 3rd party options as long as it says Antigen Test and the lab report is generated by a valid healthcare or testing provider it can be approved.
• All unvaccinated kids will still have to undergo embarkation testing at port on the sail date, and still need to complete a Pre Sail PCR test 3-1 days prior to sailing.
• Test prices. NOTE: Vancouver has different pricing.
o Port Canaveral and Port of Miami: Antigen Home Test & secondary site Antigen Test costs $46.58 per guest.
o Secondary site PCR test is $98.33 per guest.
o Port of Vancouver: At Home antigen test kit: $46.58 USD per guest
o At port embark Antigen testing option: $95 CAD + GST (=$80.40 USD) per guest.
o At port embark PCR testing option (for confirmatory tests only): $160 CAD + GST (=$135.60 USD) per guest.
o Secondary site Antigen testing: $95 CAD + GST (=$80.40 USD) per guest
o Secondary site PCR testing (for confirmatory tests only): $160 CAD + GST (=$135.60 USD) per guest
Thank you and have a good Day!

We have a four day stay at WDW then two DCL cruises with two days in between them. So I emailed Inspire Diagnostics about the testing we have to do for both cruises. This is the response I got…

Hello,
Disney will be sending out another email on May 23rd to clarify the new regulations. Right now this is what we know, you would have to use a home test kit provided by Inspire which you can order once you register for Safe Passage, 15 days before your cruise. You wouldn't be able to use another home test.

Pre-Trip Antigen Test for Vaccinated Guests
• Guests will be able to order Pre-trip Antigen tests 15 days prior to their sail date, when they can register on Safe Passage
o Vaccination documents must be approved, before they are allowed to order the Pre-Trip Tests through Safe Passage
• Guests taking the Pre-trip antigen test have to take it 1-2 days prior to their sail date.
• All Pre-trip At-Home antigen kits will be proctored through Inspire Diagnostics
o When you order your Pre-trip At-Home test through Safe Passage you will be emailed a zoom link.
o All members of your party may test in the same session. A single at home test order can be placed for all guests in your reservation. Please see your confirmation email for details.
o Results will be automatically updated in your Safe Passage account after your telehealth appointment. There is no action required by you.
• Guests will be able to schedule on-site testing appointments for Pre-trip tests
• Guests can go with 3rd party options as long as it says Antigen Test and the lab report is generated by a valid healthcare or testing provider it can be approved.
• All unvaccinated kids will still have to undergo embarkation testing at port on the sail date, and still need to complete a Pre Sail PCR test 3-1 days prior to sailing.
• Test prices. NOTE: Vancouver has different pricing.
o Port Canaveral and Port of Miami: Antigen Home Test & secondary site Antigen Test costs $46.58 per guest.
o Secondary site PCR test is $98.33 per guest.
o Port of Vancouver: At Home antigen test kit: $46.58 USD per guest
o At port embark Antigen testing option: $95 CAD + GST (=$80.40 USD) per guest.
o At port embark PCR testing option (for confirmatory tests only): $160 CAD + GST (=$135.60 USD) per guest.
o Secondary site Antigen testing: $95 CAD + GST (=$80.40 USD) per guest
o Secondary site PCR testing (for confirmatory tests only): $160 CAD + GST (=$135.60 USD) per guest
Thank you and have a good Day!
This email makes it sound like you have to take the proctored tests offered by Inspire not proctored tests you order on your own.

Is that just for Canadians or everyone?

That’s what I thought as well. So we are waiting to hear what is announced tomorrow and then make a plan accordingly. We have a number of other companies that will do the virtual test for less $ than Inspire.

The beginning of that response seems to indicate you must use tests provided by Inspire, but then the line quoted above seems to contradict that?

We used tests from eMed before our RC cruise in October and tested while at WDW. It was very easy and apparently less expensive than Inspire. I'm hoping to use them again.

This email makes it sound like you have to take the proctored tests offered by Inspire not proctored tests you order on your own.

One of the bullet points says guests can go with a third party option if it meets the requirements they have listed. So we don't have to use Inspire for the proctored test.

I think it is unclear since the guidance contradicts itsefl in the email alone. I think we will have to wait until Monday and then even then may not know for sure until early June when some folks start sailing with the new requirements and are able to give us feedback on how they did it. I agree both emed and On Point seem to be cheaper than Inspire will be and I am sure there are others out there.

I sincerely hope they don't make everyone go through Inspire for the two days before home test. For our cruise, the Wonder and the Wish both leave on the same date, so the sheer volume of guests trying to test within the two days before would likely overwhelm their resources.

I sincerely hope they don't make everyone go through Inspire for the two days before home test. For our cruise, the Wonder and the Wish both leave on the same date, so the sheer volume of guests trying to test within the two days before would likely overwhelm their resources.
Good point. Given the debacle with getting through to DCL on the phone, this is a legitimate concern. That and the fact they seem to be twice as expensive as other options.

Well that email was directly to/from inspire diagnostics vs safe passage where you upload results. Of course they're going to say use our product because we partner with Disney vs saying you can use other products. We'll see tomorrow what Disney's update says. Lol, still hoping they just get rid of testing by mid June but I doubt it.

Well that email was directly to/from inspire diagnostics vs safe passage where you upload results. Of course they're going to say use our product because we partner with Disney vs saying you can use other products. We'll see tomorrow what Disney's update says.
Good point

I just got off the phone with Inspire/safe passage. The lady said that yes on May 23 Disney is going to be making s statement to clear some of this up. She did also say that for my sailing leaving on a Thursday I would need to test on Tuesday or Wednesday. According to her they are going to be offering the telehealth proctored tests and the price is supposed to be around $45 ish each. She said that when your 15 day window opens you would order the test and it would arrive via UPS within 2-3 days. The one thing I forgot to ask her was about scheduling the time for the telehealth proctor phone call. So hopefully more about it will be in the May 23 announcement.
Has anyone seen a clarifying statement from DCL today?

Will Dcl accept this?

The OnPoint test results contain your name, Date of Birth, Lab identifying information (including the labs industry certification - coincidentally called their CLIA#), the type of test (rapid antigen for us), and the test results. Their test results were accepted and good enough for us to be cleared to get back into the US after our Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. I can't guarantee it, but I'm confident that Disney/Safe Passage will accept them for pre-sailing clearance and we'll be using them again for both the Wish and our Sideways Dream cruise following right after (as long as testing is still a requirement, and as long as Disney doesn't revert back to free port testing for some reason).

I called DCL today and they said they were not aware of any new guidance coming out today. They did tell me that it was not their understanding that Safe Passage/Inspire would be the only provider for at-home telemed antigen testing.

Will Dcl accept this?
Don't think so. They don't meet the unvax requirements (under 5), so don't think they will work now. Not sure where you are, but as of last week our Walgreens and multiple other sites still do the NAAT tests for free and results in about 2 hours. Drive thru they watch you and gone again never getting out of the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter