Know Before You Go Updated - May 17 - Testing rule changes

Don't think so. They don't meet the unvax requirements (under 5), so don't think they will work now. Not sure where you are, but as of last week our Walgreens and multiple other sites still do the NAAT tests for free and results in about 2 hours. Drive thru they watch you and gone again never getting out of the car.
We're hoping to do Walgreens for NAAT pre-testing (next state over, 25min away, no NAAT tests in my state), checked to see how far they're booking and there are no dates after 5/28...so I'm a bit worried that they're ending the testing...I'm hoping it's just due to Memorial Day weekend coming up...but who knows.

We're hoping to do Walgreens for NAAT pre-testing (next state over, 25min away, no NAAT tests in my state), checked to see how far they're booking and there are no dates after 5/28...so I'm a bit worried that they're ending the testing...I'm hoping it's just due to Memorial Day weekend coming up...but who knows.
Dont worry too much yet, again at least here they only schedule a week out at a time.

Be careful to check the ages that a provider will accept for tests … some won’t do under two and some won’t do under three. I think we excluded Walgreens because they wouldn’t do our one year old grandson.

We received the following information in an email from DCL:
View attachment 671684
It appears you can use any vendor for observed tests

Does anybody know if doing a rapid test in Doctors office and getting a letter from the provider certifying the results will be accepted? I’ve been thinking the easiest way for my family to get tested two days before our trip in August is to just make an appointment now at our regular provider and get a letter at that appointment….

Why would you need a letter? You would have documentation of the actual test result, assuming the doctor gives the test.

Why would you need a letter? You would have documentation of the actual test result, assuming the doctor gives the test.
I guess I’m thinking that A doctor/NP/PA performing and observing a rapid test in their office isn’t the same thing as a lab tech performing one on behalf of a lab. So a doctor can’t call his/herself a lab but s/he can just write up that they observed the test and it’s result….

I guess I’m thinking that A doctor/NP/PA performing and observing a rapid test in their office isn’t the same thing as a lab tech performing one on behalf of a lab. So a doctor can’t call his/herself a lab but s/he can just write up that they observed the test and it’s result….
My son has gotten several Covid tests in house at his pediatrician. We had the office staff print the negative results to give to his daycare. I would imagine you could upload the same sort of documentation to Safe Passage. We plan on getting his pre-trip PCR there.

Interesting... I never even considered the doctor's office might be doing the same "self-test" kit that we use at home. I know they do a rapid test with results at the office (not sent to a lab). It still shows up on the patient portal, though, so I would think that documentation is adequate.

ETA: I think the biggest challenge may be getting an appointment for testing for a cruise; it's hard enough to get in when sick and I've had to wait months for a well visit. The pediatrician is a little easier than my own PCP.

Last edited:
ETA: I think the biggest challenge may be getting an appointment for testing for a cruise; it's hard enough to get in when sick and I've had to wait months for a well visit. The pediatrician is a little easier than my own PCP.
Yes, WDW + DCL is our situation. We have 4 days scheduled for WDW prior to the cruise and only use the bus system. The plans were made, paid, and reserved early this year for WDW. I'm hoping for the proctored online method early in the morning hours (well before rope drop).

Rapid Antigen Test(45-60 min)$46.58 USD

I can't find anything about the timeline (I am not actually ordering them). Once you begin the ordering process they do have you select an appointment time which appears to be between the hours of 5am-midnight.
Great information especially the 5 am start time. I didn't want to miss Early Entry to the parks. Thank you.

I can't find anything about the timeline (I am not actually ordering them). Once you begin the ordering process they do have you select an appointment time which appears to be between the hours of 5am-midnight.
Extremely helpful. . . Thank you!

Just to add a little bit more, once your order button activates you get the option to order a home test ;
Order an Early Embarkation COVID-19 Antigen Home Test

Order an observed antigen test to be sent to your home and completed via our observed telehealth service. Antigen tests must be taken no more than 2 days before the sail date. Antigen home tests are remotely proctored by Inspire Diagnostics. Fully vaccinated Guests who complete antigen testing before their sail date are exempt from testing at the terminal. Guests choosing to order an antigen testing kit from Inspire Diagnostics should order one so that they have it in hand at least 4 days before setting sail. Test kits must be administered within two days before the sail date.

or to schedule an early embarkation test near the terminal.

Schedule an Early Embarkation Test Near the Terminal
Schedule an appointment for an antigen test or rapid PCR test at one of our testing locations near the terminal. Appointments are available until one day before sail date. Antigen and PCR tests must be taken no more than 2 days before the sail date. Fully Vaccinated Guests who complete antigen or PCR testing before their sail date are exempt from testing at the terminal.

The home test then takes you to screen where it provides you the two dates you are eligible to test. Both of the days that show up for me show availability form 5am-midnight.

This is what comes up if I select test near the terminal;
Inspire Diagnostics offers a fast and convenient near terminal testing option for Disney Cruise Line vaccinated guests who need a Covid-19 test for embarkation. This test appointments can be reserved here at guest expense.
Rapid PCR Test(45-60 min)$98.33 USD

Since I am cruising out of Miami, the location comes up as Holiday Inn Port of Miami. My 2 testing days automatically load and the availability here appears to be 12noon - 5:45pm.

Hope that helps!

Have we gotten a definitive answer if we can use any home proctored tests…

I have extra E-med tests from other cruises I have gone on.

Just to add a little bit more, once your order button activates you get the option to order a home test ;
Order an Early Embarkation COVID-19 Antigen Home Test

Order an observed antigen test to be sent to your home and completed via our observed telehealth service. Antigen tests must be taken no more than 2 days before the sail date. Antigen home tests are remotely proctored by Inspire Diagnostics. Fully vaccinated Guests who complete antigen testing before their sail date are exempt from testing at the terminal. Guests choosing to order an antigen testing kit from Inspire Diagnostics should order one so that they have it in hand at least 4 days before setting sail. Test kits must be administered within two days before the sail date.

or to schedule an early embarkation test near the terminal.

Schedule an Early Embarkation Test Near the Terminal
Schedule an appointment for an antigen test or rapid PCR test at one of our testing locations near the terminal. Appointments are available until one day before sail date. Antigen and PCR tests must be taken no more than 2 days before the sail date. Fully Vaccinated Guests who complete antigen or PCR testing before their sail date are exempt from testing at the terminal.

The home test then takes you to screen where it provides you the two dates you are eligible to test. Both of the days that show up for me show availability form 5am-midnight.

This is what comes up if I select test near the terminal;
Inspire Diagnostics offers a fast and convenient near terminal testing option for Disney Cruise Line vaccinated guests who need a Covid-19 test for embarkation. This test appointments can be reserved here at guest expense.
Rapid PCR Test(45-60 min)$98.33 USD

Since I am cruising out of Miami, the location comes up as Holiday Inn Port of Miami. My 2 testing days automatically load and the availability here appears to be 12noon - 5:45pm.

Hope that helps!
Great info. One more question. . . . Regarding the "Antigen tests must be taken no more than 2 days before the sail date" part . . . Do we know when the 2 days starts? For example, If my cruse leaves on Saturday, does that mean I can test at any time on Thursday? Or would Thursday morning not work, since that is more than 48 hours before I arrive at the port?

Great info. One more question. . . . Regarding the "Antigen tests must be taken no more than 2 days before the sail date" part . . . Do we know when the 2 days starts? For example, If my cruse leaves on Saturday, does that mean I can test at any time on Thursday? Or would Thursday morning not work, since that is more than 48 hours before I arrive at the port?
It's two calendar days. If you sail on Saturday, then take your test on Thursday or Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter