Know Before You Go Updated - May 17 - Testing rule changes

We are on the Wish MV and cancelled our pre WDW trip because of that worry.
We are on the Wish MV and always planned to do WDW after because of that worry. It's a bucket list item for me, so I do NOT want to miss out even if we'd get a full refund! :hyper:

So can you test 3-days prior to embarkation, or 2? I have an email that says 2, and the website says 3 ???????

So can you test 3-days prior to embarkation, or 2? I have an email that says 2, and the website says 3 ???????

The 3 days is for kids 4 yo and under. And they also get tested at port.

It‘s 2 days before cruise for 5+ yo. No additional test at port. - OR - choose to get tested at port.

We just ordered the 6 pack Antigen Tests from emed. They are $150 for 6 or $25/test plus shipping and tax. Total price was $185.41. Just got off the phone with my TA and she said they are super easy to use.
? - The email from DCL states that Antigen tests are not acceptable?

Not for kids under five, but okay for 5 and up. Also at home antigen tests are only valid if they are proctored with a telehealth service. It’s all laid out on the “know before you go” page on the website.

I'm about 84 days out of our cruise and tested positive yesterday. Do I need to do anything in particular?

I'm about 84 days out of our cruise and tested positive yesterday. Do I need to do anything in particular?
Guests Recently Recovered from COVID-19

If you have tested positive for COVID-19 within 11 to 90 days of your sail date and would like to be identified as 90-Day-Recovered, please upload to Safe Passage the following:

• A copy of your previous positive COVID-19 test result which is greater than 11 days and less than 90 days from your expected sail date. The test must have been antigen, NAAT, rapid PCR or lab-based PCR. The test result must include your date of birth.
  • A signed letter (on official letterhead that shows the name, address and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official) stating that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days and are clear for travel.
  • Vaccinated Guests must also upload proof of vaccination in addition to their 90-Day-Recovered documentation.

Bring this documentation with you to the port as well.

We are on the Wish MV and always planned to do WDW after because of that worry. It's a bucket list item for me, so I do NOT want to miss out even if we'd get a full refund! :hyper:
Same we always do WDW after even before covid. The one time we did the parks before we
all got noro bad the day before the cruise and had to cancel. Won't be doing that again.

SOOOO...did not see this covered. Is the 2 days a full 48 hours? If you sail on Saturday but fly
out Friday can you test Thursday? Thx

SOOOO...did not see this covered. Is the 2 days a full 48 hours? If you sail on Saturday but fly
out Friday can you test Thursday? Thx
Sure. If you sail on Saturday, then you can test on Thursday or Friday. Results should be uploaded by 11:59pm Friday.

He needs to go get a PCR test now, while he’s sick.

Then after he is better - and at least 11 days before the cruise - go to a doctor for the recovered letter. Probably in a couple of weeks would be good for that.
One last question…
Can a walk in urgent care clinic provide the same clear for travel letter?
TIA

One last question…
Can a walk in urgent care clinic provide the same clear for travel letter?
TIA
Maybe? It has to be on official letterhead and signed by a doctor. I guess you'd have to call and ask them if they're willing to do that. I don't think that Safe Passage cares which doctor signs it.

They are not accepted for those that are not fully vaccinate (4 years old and under). They are accepted for the Fully vaccinated per the "Know before you go" section of the website:

Fully vaccinated Guests on sailings departing US and Canadian ports on or after June 7, 2022, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken no more than 2 days before setting sail to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day. The test must be a rapid antigen test professionally observed by a medical professional or telehealth provider, a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), a rapid PCR test or a lab-based PCR test. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Guests can purchase COVID-19 tests through our third-party vendor, Inspire Diagnostics, or obtain a test from any independent testing supplier. Beginning June 7, 2022, fully vaccinated Guests who do not upload pre-trip test results to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day will be tested at the terminal before boarding and will be charged for the cost of the test. The cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $74.00 (USD) plus tax for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $125.00 (USD) plus tax for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service. For Canada sailings, the cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $95.00 (CAD) plus GST for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $160.00 (CAD) plus GST for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service. Embarkation testing for Guests 4 years of age and under who are not vaccine-eligible because of age will be paid for by Disney Cruise Line.

Upload Proof of Vaccination or COVID-19 Test Results: In order to sail, all Guests (adults and children, regardless of age) must upload their proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results on the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics. A parent or legal guardian will need to use their own account to provide this information on behalf of minors. To learn more about how to provide proof of your negative COVID-19 test result, please visit Before Leaving Home: Know Before You Go.

We're staying at WDW four days prior to boarding the ship. Is there someplace on WDW (arriving and departing via bus) to test?

We're staying at WDW four days prior to boarding the ship. Is there someplace on WDW (arriving and departing via bus) to test?
Unfortunately, there isn't anywhere to test at WDW. There are some pharmacies nearby, though. You could try to get a taxi or something to one of those. Otherwise, you'll just test at the port before boarding.

Testing is readily available at drugstores like CVS and Walgreens. You can also buy a proctored self test where they just watch a video of you doing it.

Have you done the version where you have your own self test and just pay for the video? I think someone mentioned doing so in this thread, but I cannot find it now.

I’m looking to do that for my trip the US (I live in Europe, so getting the version where you buy the test from the provider doesn’t work) since most of the convenient testing centres here are now closed.

I have also found a company called OnPoint Testing that seems to do the same thing. They allow you to use your own rapid antigen tests as long as it is FDA EUA approved and they seem to be cheaper. It looks like an appointment is $18.99 but when I chatted with a customer service rep for the company she implied that I can do 2 people per appointment which to me then is less than $10/person for a telemed visit to watch them do my rapid antigen tests at home.

https://onpoint-testing.com

Anybody with any experience with this company?

Maybe? It has to be on official letterhead and signed by a doctor. I guess you'd have to call and ask them if they're willing to do that. I don't think that Safe Passage cares which doctor signs it.
How does the doctor determine you are safe to travel? Another COVID PCR test??
Just wondering.
Thanks!

They are not accepted for those that are not fully vaccinate (4 years old and under). They are accepted for the Fully vaccinated per the "Know before you go" section of the website:

Fully vaccinated Guests on sailings departing US and Canadian ports on or after June 7, 2022, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken no more than 2 days before setting sail to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day. The test must be a rapid antigen test professionally observed by a medical professional or telehealth provider, a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), a rapid PCR test or a lab-based PCR test. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Guests can purchase COVID-19 tests through our third-party vendor, Inspire Diagnostics, or obtain a test from any independent testing supplier. Beginning June 7, 2022, fully vaccinated Guests who do not upload pre-trip test results to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day will be tested at the terminal before boarding and will be charged for the cost of the test. The cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $74.00 (USD) plus tax for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $125.00 (USD) plus tax for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service. For Canada sailings, the cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $95.00 (CAD) plus GST for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $160.00 (CAD) plus GST for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service. Embarkation testing for Guests 4 years of age and under who are not vaccine-eligible because of age will be paid for by Disney Cruise Line.

Upload Proof of Vaccination or COVID-19 Test Results: In order to sail, all Guests (adults and children, regardless of age) must upload their proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results on the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics. A parent or legal guardian will need to use their own account to provide this information on behalf of minors. To learn more about how to provide proof of your negative COVID-19 test result, please visit Before Leaving Home: Know Before You Go.
Does each safe passage account need a unique email? Or can a husband/spouse upload both tests, vaccines, passport info, etc at one time? Or should one person upload their info, then the other person?
Thanks!

Does each safe passage account need a unique email? Or can a husband/spouse upload both tests, vaccines, passport info, etc at one time? Or should one person upload their info, then the other person?
Thanks!
Each adult - 18 and up needs their own safe passage account and has to upload their own stuff. Children can go to any parent or guardian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter