Know Before You Go Updated - May 17 - Testing rule changes

Great info. One more question. . . . Regarding the "Antigen tests must be taken no more than 2 days before the sail date" part . . . Do we know when the 2 days starts? For example, If my cruse leaves on Saturday, does that mean I can test at any time on Thursday? Or would Thursday morning not work, since that is more than 48 hours before I arrive at the port?
My cruise leaves on Tuesday, the site autopopulated Sunday and Monday for me with the full window starting at 5am on the Sunday so it appears they are going two calendar days not 48 hours from embarkation.
Have we gotten a definitive answer if we can use any home proctored tests…

I have extra E-med tests from other cruises I have gone on.
That is what I am using next week, don't have any reason to believe they won't be acceptable. We will test on the first day possible and upload them in the off chance they aren't accepted we can still run to a testing center the day before and get a rapid test.

I just bought 6 of the Inspire Diagnostics - the company Disney is partnering with pm tests for around $250.

We sail on the 30th and arrive on the 28th. We got appts for the telehealth test on the 28th and 29th. We’ll get the email results within 30 minutes, and upload them via Safe Passage to DCL.

I went with them bcs Disney is partnering with them, and I figured any issues won’t be as bad bcs Disney is working with them. It seems like it’ll be OK.

I will say - I scheduled the tests right away bcs I’m afraid there won’t be many available telehealth appts the closer it gets. There must be 3000-4000 of us sailing out on Saturday.
Thank you. This put me at ease.

I just did the same. We cruise 6/18. Ordered 5 kits @ $45/ea. plus one extra incase something goes wrong.

Make my appointment for the family. They can take up to 5 people in one session.

Guests choosing to order an antigen testing kit from Inspire Diagnostics should order one so that they have it in hand at least 4 days before setting sail. Test kits must be administered within two days before the sail date.
"have it in hand at least 4 days before setting sail". We're doing 5 days in WDW before the cruise plus travel to FL and Pony Express is sometimes slow (if sent via USPS). Oh Boy !!!

"have it in hand at least 4 days before setting sail". We're doing 5 days in WDW before the cruise plus travel to FL and Pony Express is sometimes slow (if sent via USPS). Oh Boy !!!
I will check with my cruise group to see if anyone has ordered/received these tests. We leave in 7 days so a good marker.

ETA: I have heard the emed ones only take 2 days to receive after ordering and you could order those now.

Sounds like they ship UPS (or at least that was the experience in our group obviously don't take that as set in stone, just one personal experience).

ETA: I have heard the emed ones only take 2 days to receive after ordering and you could order those now.
eMed ships FedEx overnight on the first business day following your order, so that’s about right. Plus they’re $20/test cheaper, they don’t require an appointment (I’ve always gotten connected within 2 minutes of calling), and they’re open 24/7.

eMed ships FedEx overnight on the first business day following your order, so that’s about right. Plus they’re $20/test cheaper, they don’t require an appointment (I’ve always gotten connected within 2 minutes of calling), and they’re open 24/7.

I saw Tony (La Lido Loca) using eMed and he was very happy with their service.
Yes, I purchased eMed ones months ago based on Tony's videos just to have as a precaution. Turns out it was great preparation because our sailing is the first day of the new testing protocol. We will be using the eMed tests I purchased.

Just double checking that a 14 month old non vaxed child has to test 2 days before the cruise date, upload negative results and then test AGAIN at the port paid for by DCL. That is what I can gleam from the Know Before You Go section of the website. We sail July 4th from Miami.

Thanks.

MJ

Correct. The test beforehand has to be PCR or NAAT and can be done up to 3 days in advance.

Just double checking that a 14 month old non vaxed child has to test 2 days before the cruise date, upload negative results and then test AGAIN at the port paid for by DCL. That is what I can gleam from the Know Before You Go section of the website. We sail July 4th from Miami.

Thanks.

MJ
Yes, although it is three days before. And mask in BBB and kids clubs. And test the day before debarking. I am starting to think our biggest risk is our little ones.

I asked Disney Cruise Line about whether the Disney transport will allow enough time to test at the Port still. (I was going on the basis that my entry into the US test wouldn't be accepted and I couldn't get a test at the airport - I emailed them on May 18th.)

This is what they said just in case anyone was wondering the same thing:

"Please allow me to share, if you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, details regarding your pick up time will be provided the day prior to sailing. Please be sure to contact your travel agency to add the transportation option to your existing reservation.

If you are not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, at your resort's Guest Services desk, please speak with a representative who will be happy to assist in making arrangements with a private taxi service to transfer you and your luggage to one of the participating Walt Disney World Resorts.

Also, please contact the Transportation and Embarkation Guest Services department the day prior to your sail date by calling 407-566-3600 or 800-395-9374 for the departure time from the resort. Contact information will also be provided in your Luggage Ticket Mailer (LTM).

Keep in mind, Disney Cruise Line ground transfers can be booked or cancelled up to 8 days prior to sail date.

If you are taking the Disney Cruise Line Ground Transportation, you should have time to arrive to the cruise terminal in time for testing prior to boarding the ship.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us."

Please let us know how it goes as a first-timer with eMed system.
I used eMed for a cruise last November, it was great and easy. They walk you through everything (including when to open the test, so don't open until told to do so). The most difficult part was understanding my proctor-they had an accent and spoke kind of softly, but I just cranked the volume on my phone and it was fine. Got results emailed to me pretty quick after the test, and also got the QR code through the Navica app (not required, but was handy to have at cruise check-in).

The one thing I've heard is that sometimes people have gotten these and the vial was open/liquid spilled or a swab was missing, etc. so the test was useless. You won't know that until you actually go to take the test (since you have to wait until the proctor tells you to open it), so make sure you have a backup test just in case. They come in a two-pack, so you should be okay, just always keep an extra one in case one is missing something.

Overall though, it was great and easy, and I purchased more for my upcoming travel (to get back into the US) and an upcoming cruise.

We have one coming up in Sept. We'll do the eMed ones for my kids, wife, and I (It's stupid easy)...but I'll also have a baby and the eMed ones aren't allowed for under 2, so we'll have to order the test from Inspire and mail it...which will be nerve wrecking. We went on a royal cruise recently and didn't even have to test the baby.

We have one coming up in Sept. We'll do the eMed ones for my kids, wife, and I (It's stupid easy)...but I'll also have a baby and the eMed ones aren't allowed for under 2, so we'll have to order the test from Inspire and mail it...which will be nerve wrecking. We went on a royal cruise recently and didn't even have to test the baby.
We have a one year old and are using emed, but fortunately it is for our return to the US and tests are not required for under two. Precruise the two under 5 will get a PCR test at a local medical center that guarantees results by midnight the day of the test.

I get off the Dream in Miami on Monday July 18, and board the Wish on Tuesday the 19th. For that Wish cruise what options do I have? We have a shuttle to the airport from the ship, and are renting a car for night at WDW and port Canaveral the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter