Kidnap the Sandy Claws, lock him up real tight- Oct PTR pg. 234 8/25 up to date itin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a local trip. I have a dinner club that is all my sorority sisters, and in the fall we go to one of the girls vacation homes that is about 90 minutes away for the weekend. It is a lovely weekend, usually including some spa time but I'm just going to have to sit it out this time. Both from a marriage dance and a financial standpoint. I have a bonus that I was supposed to get in June...then July and now....maybe it's November at the rate it is going. Long story and very frustrating to myself and my 2 counterparts who are in the same boat but bottom line is trip funds that should have been in my hands a long time ago, aren't yet and it makes things a wee bit tight. Even though it's local by the time you add one dinner out and the spa, it's not a cheap weekend.

I hear ya. Even a local girls' weekend ends up costing quite a bit between food/drinks/events. I'm sorry about the bonus. That stinks. :headache: That's how the Moho business is for DH. He doesn't get paid until the client pays. On average it's a good 60 days and some change before we see a check.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend planned but at least you'll still get to see some of them. :goodvibes

It's funny all the compromises that we make to keep the peace! I can't believe how close your trip is. Mine would have been too :sad2: it's good we're not going yet, she is miserable, and I would have been too, let's hope we get her liver readings sorted out, the wounds healed and her back on some arthritis meds.

Yay for three weeks!

Vows should say: love, honor, and compromise. :rotfl: Because obey is crap and cherish is archaic.

I'm sorry she's miserable but you're right, being in WDW would have just exacerbated her feeling poorly. :hug: Are her liver readings out of whack? When will you have some answers? Though I know expecting any concrete answers from most of the medical field is a little insane. :scared:

It's funny all the compromises that we make to keep the peace! I can't believe how close your trip is. Mine would have been too :sad2: it's good we're not going yet, she is miserable, and I would have been too, let's hope we get her liver readings sorted out, the wounds healed and her back on some arthritis meds.

Yay for three weeks!

I am so sorry that she is so miserable. The poor thing.

Zachary did awesome with the Shofar!
Glad that Tashlich was meaningful. Our synagogue does it at a local stream. I think it's a great tradition.
Tom's reading Torah for Yom Kippur morning.

Amanda

DrMomof3 said:
Zachary did awesome with the Shofar!
Glad that Tashlich was meaningful. Our synagogue does it at a local stream. I think it's a great tradition.
Tom's reading Torah for Yom Kippur morning.

Amanda

That's so exciting. Gabby is reading too, she's less than thrilled ;) With just starting High School, an AP Euro History class, and an extra online class, she's pretty overwhelmed.

We do our tashlich in a local stream too but we weren't local- lol!!!! Tashlich is one of my favorite traditions too.

3 weeks until WDW!!!!!!!!

trail-mix-ii.jpg

The above is my favorite bring-in snack. I'm a trail mix junkie.

This is one of my all time favorite Disney pics. They're holding hands in Adventureland, completely unstaged. There is something about the magic of Disney that brings us all together and rebonds us. I just can't wait.

IMG_2384.jpg

party: 20 days until WDW!!! party:

Even better! Love that picture

Thanks girl, it's so sweet. Generally my children are at each other's throats, well not really but it makes for a better story :laughing:. They do bicker but mostly it's 3 v 1 with me being the 1. With Michael traveling so much, I'm truly outnumbered most of the time. I guess I've got the dogs. ;)

How's your weekend?

Going to grab Joshua from Jew school soon. Gabs has the final fitting for her Homecoming dress today. I've got to also run to the mall. Have I mentioned that there's nothing I dislike more than the mall? I really don't love it. :crazy:

Thanks girl, it's so sweet. Generally my children are at each other's throats, well not really but it makes for a better story :laughing:. They do bicker but mostly it's 3 v 1 with me being the 1. With Michael traveling so much, I'm truly outnumbered most of the time. I guess I've got the dogs. ;)

How's your weekend?

Going to grab Joshua from Jew school soon. Gabs has the final fitting for her Homecoming dress today. I've got to also run to the mall. Have I mentioned that there's nothing I dislike more than the mall? I really don't love it. :crazy:

I don't love the mall either! Weekend is good so far, though I need to get to cleaning. I have gourmet club at my house tomorrow so spent yesterday figuring out my menu, shopping and then doing the fall decorating swap. Today is cleaning day. It's not bad though, thankfully. Did deep cleaning for my FIL's visit 3 weeks ago so that helps a ton. Still deciding whether or not to hang up my Halloween mickey head lights for tomorrow or just wait till after. Typically I don't put out my Halloween stuff until 10/1 so it feels a little early. Then I was BAD last night and ordered myself some stuff for the trip that I didn't need while the gang watched Blade Runner.

Still ahve to pick up a few things for the dinner..and figure out appetizers. I hate appetizers, I can never figure out anything good...and easy that isn't the same old same old. Have a hard time finding anything that gets me excited.

The side benefit of the meal planning was I found a muffin recipe that I modified and made this morning, YUM! Pumpkin flax granola muffins...so fall and yummy.

I don't love the mall either! Weekend is good so far, though I need to get to cleaning. I have gourmet club at my house tomorrow so spent yesterday figuring out my menu, shopping and then doing the fall decorating swap. Today is cleaning day. It's not bad though, thankfully. Did deep cleaning for my FIL's visit 3 weeks ago so that helps a ton. Still deciding whether or not to hang up my Halloween mickey head lights for tomorrow or just wait till after. Typically I don't put out my Halloween stuff until 10/1 so it feels a little early. Then I was BAD last night and ordered myself some stuff for the trip that I didn't need while the gang watched Blade Runner.

Still ahve to pick up a few things for the dinner..and figure out appetizers. I hate appetizers, I can never figure out anything good...and easy that isn't the same old same old. Have a hard time finding anything that gets me excited.

The side benefit of the meal planning was I found a muffin recipe that I modified and made this morning, YUM! Pumpkin flax granola muffins...so fall and yummy.

Gourmet club, do tell? That sounds fun and delicious! I make a great hot artichoke appetizer if you're interested. Prosciutto with melon is always good. My friend makes a shrimp dip if you'd like me to get the recipe. Michael makes cream cheese and sausage stuffed grilled mini peppers. OMG, amazing! What do you generally serve?

And a Fall decorating swap? I want to live by you! I need to get more involved in that sort of thing. I'd live to join a book club but they're all in SLC and the last thing I want to do is drive after driving all week. Everyone here plays Bunco. I've tried, I don't love it.

Gourmet club, do tell? That sounds fun and delicious! I make a great hot artichoke appetizer if you're interested. Prosciutto with melon is always good. My friend makes a shrimp dip if you'd like me to get the recipe. Michael makes cream cheese and sausage stuffed grilled mini peppers. OMG, amazing! What do you generally serve?

Oh gosh, it totally varies, depending on the season and my mood. I use it as an excuse to try new recipes. It is a group of about 12 of my sorority sisters. It is every other Monday and rotates so you only host about twice a year. We only do it once in December and the summer is a longer rotation, 3 weeks I think? Because it is so often you don't have the pressure to make every one. Sometimes you'll get a big turnout but more often than not it's about 5-6. Tomorrow looks like 5, which is nice as you actually get to chat a lot more. This is the group I am missing out on the girls weekend with. Anyway, when it's at your house you do everything except for dessert, which is on a separate rotation. Generally it's pretty amazing food, everyone is a good cook and there is a little bit of competition/self induced pressure I think...in a fun way.

My menu for tomorrow is

• Chips, Salsa, Guacamole
  • Mexican Chicken Crescent Squares (shredded chicken, cream cheese, chilies, spices and veggies stuffed inside pastry lol)
  • Southwest Salsa Medley (which is really more of a salad and is served with the chicken squares, it has avacado, black beans and corn, etc)
  • Green Bean Salad
  • Barely & Mushroom Pilaf

and....no clue what else for apps. I like to have things that seem to "go" with my theme. I have a killer black bean, bacon, corn dip but I've made it for the group several times so don't want to do it again (even though they inhale it lol). May look for some kind of chili cheese puff or...I dunno.

I do need to go pick up wine and black eyed peas. Darn store I was at yesterday didn't have them. I've run into this before...clearly Seattle is not a hotbed for black eyed peas...I have another recipe I use them in and really should get several cans so it's not an issue each time.

And a Fall decorating swap? I want to live by you! I need to get more involved in that sort of thing. I'd live to join a book club but they're all in SLC and the last thing I want to do is drive after driving all week. Everyone here plays Bunco. I've tried, I don't love it.

I don't actually know anyone who plays Bunco. I feel like I read about it and it's an alternate reality. LOL! I think my decorating swap is not what you think it is. I just meant trading out all my summery decorations for fall & halloween ones which means redoing all the silk floral arrangements, front planters, swapping out powder room towels, candles, coffee cups and other kitchen things for the season, etc.

I like bacon wrapped dates as a quick easy appetizer, but then everyone has to eat pork products.

Vows should say: love, honor, and compromise. :rotfl: Because obey is crap and cherish is archaic.

I'm sorry she's miserable but you're right, being in WDW would have just exacerbated her feeling poorly. :hug: Are her liver readings out of whack? When will you have some answers? Though I know expecting any concrete answers from most of the medical field is a little insane. :scared:

yeah, really! Her last blood test showed elevated liver readings, that was last month, the one they did last week showed normal readings, but she's having an ultrasound Thursday. The Doctor thinks she passed a gallstone.

Oh gosh, it totally varies, depending on the season and my mood. I use it as an excuse to try new recipes. It is a group of about 12 of my sorority sisters. It is every other Monday and rotates so you only host about twice a year. We only do it once in December and the summer is a longer rotation, 3 weeks I think? Because it is so often you don't have the pressure to make every one. Sometimes you'll get a big turnout but more often than not it's about 5-6. Tomorrow looks like 5, which is nice as you actually get to chat a lot more. This is the group I am missing out on the girls weekend with. Anyway, when it's at your house you do everything except for dessert, which is on a separate rotation. Generally it's pretty amazing food, everyone is a good cook and there is a little bit of competition/self induced pressure I think...in a fun way.

My menu for tomorrow is

• Chips, Salsa, Guacamole
  • Mexican Chicken Crescent Squares (shredded chicken, cream cheese, chilies, spices and veggies stuffed inside pastry lol)
  • Southwest Salsa Medley (which is really more of a salad and is served with the chicken squares, it has avacado, black beans and corn, etc)
  • Green Bean Salad
  • Barely & Mushroom Pilaf

and....no clue what else for apps. I like to have things that seem to "go" with my theme. I have a killer black bean, bacon, corn dip but I've made it for the group several times so don't want to do it again (even though they inhale it lol). May look for some kind of chili cheese puff or...I dunno.

I do need to go pick up wine and black eyed peas. Darn store I was at yesterday didn't have them. I've run into this before...clearly Seattle is not a hotbed for black eyed peas...I have another recipe I use them in and really should get several cans so it's not an issue each time.

I don't actually know anyone who plays Bunco. I feel like I read about it and it's an alternate reality. LOL! I think my decorating swap is not what you think it is. I just meant trading out all my summery decorations for fall & halloween ones which means redoing all the silk floral arrangements, front planters, swapping out powder room towels, candles, coffee cups and other kitchen things for the season, etc.

What sorority? One of my dearest friends was a Tri Delta. I used to tease her with this: if you can't find a date by 8:00, try Delta. :rotfl2: Love her.

Your menu looks great. :thumbsup2 I've never heard of a chili cheese puff. :confused3 But I don't cook so I just eat what I'm served. :laughing: The stuffed peppers is Mexican/SWish if you change your mind.

Yes, I though you meant you swap decor with your neighbors. :rotfl: I thought what a neat neighborhood she lives in. I'd never trade decor with mine. ;)

I like bacon wrapped dates as a quick easy appetizer, but then everyone has to eat pork products.

yeah, really! Her last blood test showed elevated liver readings, that was last month, the one they did last week showed normal readings, but she's having an ultrasound Thursday. The Doctor thinks she passed a gallstone.

I think the bacon negates and vegan ideas but that sounds so good, salty and sweet, crispy bacon, yummy! I miss bacon as a staple food.

Passed a stone? Was she in pain? Poor thing. Poor you. :goodvibes :hug: I'm glad her levels are stable though.

What sorority? One of my dearest friends was a Tri Delta. I used to tease her with this: if you can't find a date by 8:00, try Delta. :rotfl2: Love her.

Your menu looks great. :thumbsup2 I've never heard of a chili cheese puff. :confused3 But I don't cook so I just eat what I'm served. :laughing: The stuffed peppers is Mexican/SWish if you change your mind.

Yes, I though you meant you swap decor with your neighbors. :rotfl: I thought what a neat neighborhood she lives in. I'd never trade decor with mine. ;)

ADPi

I've done stuffed peppers and while I like them...too much work for me. LOL! I did find a Mexican chicken potato bites that sound really good so going to add those to the menu. Part of it is time. I can't start anything till 5:30, folks arrive at 7.

I'd swap with a couple of my neighbors. The rest? Not so much.

ADPi

I've done stuffed peppers and while I like them...too much work for me. LOL! I did find a Mexican chicken potato bites that sound really good so going to add those to the menu. Part of it is time. I can't start anything till 5:30, folks arrive at 7.

I'd swap with a couple of my neighbors. The rest? Not so much.

Mexican potato chicken bites do sound good. I also have a chicken texano recipe that's got chicken, chilis, sour cream, cheese. It's delicious. Have fun with your prep today! :thumbsup2

c012c67bb6848b4f4981500189129ed5.jpg

i bought my very favorite perfume today and it'll be here in time for the trip. Smelling nice is a must when at WDW.

I think the bacon negates and vegan ideas but that sounds so good, salty and sweet, crispy bacon, yummy! I miss bacon as a staple food.

Passed a stone? Was she in pain? Poor thing. Poor you. :goodvibes :hug: I'm glad her levels are stable though.

I didn't realize that we were working with a vegan menu. I can't be of much help there. I have a few vegetarian recipes, but probably could count my vegan friendly recipes on one hand.

Well she was in a lot of pain in August, that's about the time when she had the first blood test that showed elevated liver readings. The blood test says they're OK now, but she has to get an ultrasound on Thursday to figure out exactly what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter