Kidani Savana View Dissappoint

So are they all over the resort painting or just some places?

They are painting Kidani rooms facing the Savana, and the front of the resort by the bus stops. That is all I could see.

They are painting Kidani rooms facing the Savana, and the front of the resort by the bus stops. That is all I could see.
Sounds like you couldn’t see much through the tarps. Ugh! Glad they refunded your points as compensation. I wonder how long this will take to complete. Seriously debating my room request options for our late Feb trip now.

In fairness to them, they have to do it sometime to keep it looking nice!
Agreed. As long as they communicate and provide reasonable compensation for the downgrade in view, I take no issue. (For my upcoming trip it was an 85 point difference between std and sav. To me that’s not insignificant and means we are unable to take a trip next year given the number of points we have remaining. It’s all trade offs, but I would like to have the right info to make a decision).

In fairness to them, they have to do it sometime to keep it looking nice!

I absolutely agree, and have mentioned the areas that are complete look like grand opening week. The time to find out about it is not when you walk out on your verandah. To add insult to injury, when I went to the front desk, I was told my room was not in the area of the refurb. I had to show the CM photos on my phone.

I also feel for those who rented points to stay in a savana view room. The points would be returned to the owner.

Yes I fully agree you should have been informed.
Thing is as it’s a timeshare, compo is paid for by membership , unless the points are coming from DVDs allocation or breakage, which I doubt.
I think you should have been told before booking and as it’s DVC they should plan it 11 months out. Then you could have picked something else or a Standard View, leaving the painting view to those booking late.

I’m due to stay here in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know when this should be completed?

IMO The Savanna View is the reason to stay at that resort. If you were unable to enjoy that especially after planning and waiting so long, that is disappointing. It is great to hear though that Disney made it right. Hope the rest of the trip was great!

Checked into a one bedroom savana view room last Saturday and was very disappointed. We booked at eleven months and at no point were we told they would be painting the resort. The entire savana is surrounded with chainlink fence with green tarps. Our view is of several lift cranes and a maintenance pull behind trailer.

Every morning numerous painters descend on the savana to begin work. This includes the front of the resort. This morning we were treated to a flat bed truck depositing several port o potties.

Expressed our disappointment and DVC refunded the difference between savana view and standard view points. I will say that the resort looks fresh and new, just wish we would have known, we would have booked a different resort.

I really would have considered that a “value” view

Does anyone know if they are still painting? We are checking in on Saturday and I was not aware this was going on. I'm going to be bummed if my view is construction equipment.

OP so odd they didn’t send out a letter letting you know in advance. Sounds like they dropped the ball, glad they addressed your concerns.

IMO The Savanna View is the reason to stay at that resort. If you were unable to enjoy that especially after planning and waiting so long, that is disappointing. It is great to hear though that Disney made it right. Hope the rest of the trip was great!

We were lucky to book a standard studio there for the first week of December well past the 11 month window.

Our first visit there, have always booked Jambo. Not a fan of their resort pool, smaller lobby, lack of QS etc. but will say I love the parking under the resort. Made things so much easier.

As to the view, I did some research and had TP fax a room request that had a sliver of savannah view. We saw far more than expected. A nice surprise indeed

Yikes! I was also unaware of this. Checking in to a savannah view on April 10th, hope it's finished by then.

It's great that Disney always goes above and beyond to make things right in any case. I've always received cash credit or extra fast passes for mild to moderate issues without even having to ask.

They were painting when we were there, but it really only affected one day or our stay, the fences were down shortly thereafter and the animals were amazing the entire time, so I can't really complain.

We were on the first floor and could easily see over the very short fences. If they were taller it might have been an issue, but they weren't.

Occasionally we would see them waiting out front, but nothing major.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter