Kid alternatives at BOG?

What will he eat? Is there anything on the menu that they could pulls parts from one meal and parts from another to make him something? If you really can't find anything he will eat, I would get him something before you go in so he isn't hungry and just order him a dessert as others have suggested.

Isn't the line for lunch sitting like 30 minutes or something? Maybe he can eat a corndog or something else from the food carts while you wait. ;)

I hope you can find something that works for you. I disagree that you "just shouldn't go" if the menu is problematic for one member of your party. And I'm not sure why anyone ever thinks sharing their opinions on picky eating is welcome. There are many things on the BOG menu (and others) that my kids would eat without too much trouble if I made them at home - but that doesn't mean they'd be willing to try them at a restaurant.

Hey persnickety, good point about eating while waiting in line. As obvious as that is, never thought about it. Good option in this case where you can be sure there's a wait. Good idea!

I too have a very picky eater. She likes pasta and chicken. Geez... I was glad to see that they had macaroni on the food menu. She would eat that. As a fellow parent I know where you are coming from. I would like to experience resturants like that too, but want my picky eater to be happy.

OK, so we all know that one of the things that makes dDisney special is their desire to deliver top notch customer service. I've worked for several companies who send managers to disney to learn what true customer service is. I think they will be accommodating. Also, a restaurant such as BOG isn't just a meal, it's an experience in and of itself. To forego the experience, because the menu isn't perfect for everyone in the party is hard to accept.

I would avoid the "special request" route. My wife and two of my daughters can't eat gluten- so am very used to Disneys accommodations. However, they are limited to what they can do. They'll have allergan free products, but your child may like these no more than anything else.

I'd say that if he'll eat chicken with ranch then get some sealed packages and keep them in your purse for the duration of the trip!

On a side note- and please don't take this as parenting advise, just a sharing of our disney experiences....The themeing of some of the Disney restraunts have helped us convice our children to eat things there that we had not had luck getting them to try at home. "This is what Belle ate growing up" might go a long way to get them to try something new.

Are you going for dinner? We went on my younger DD's 1st birthday. My husband and I both ordered shellfish, which she couldn't have yet. There's an au gratin macaroni (ie, mac and cheese) that is a side on the adult menu. We ordered her a side of that and supplemented with a fruit and some of my older daughter's vegetables. You can always order just the sides on the kids menu too.

I see these boards are getting nastier as time goes on. What happened to if you don't have anything nice to say...? I agree with the other poster, being in such a magical place may entice your child to try something new. My son had restaurant grilled chicken for the first time at Beaches & Cream and that remains the only restaurant he will eat grilled chicken to this day!! You never know. Just ask them to keep the bread and butter flowing :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter