Kevin-What do You Think Of Sci-Fi Dine In?

My DS and I go to SCi-Fi every trip. It's a must do for us. We love the atmosphere and the burgers. Last time I ordered the Reuben for a change and didn't care for it so I learned my lesson and will stick with the burger. Also, the wait staff didn't yell at the screen like they normally do which was a little bit dissapointing but we will continue to go back time and again.

Since it's just the two of us we always end up as "hitchhikers", sitting in the back row of a car with other people. We never mind and they never seem to mind either. There is enough distance between you and the people in front of you so don't feel like your right on top of the people in front of you. :thumbsup2

Exactly, you don't really pay much attention to who is in front of you........though I would constantly be wondering what the people behind me were doing :)

All in all though this is not a fancy joint. It is purely for the fun and atmoshpere and whilst the food is not out of this world, it is still enjoyable.

There are actually a few "cars" with chairs that face each other instead of the rows of booths. We were a party of three adults a few years ago and were seated at one of these tables. The food in my opinion wasn't great, but the atmosphere was wonderful and I'm glad I tried it once!

Melissa

Havent been in quite a while so any opinion I have would be out of date.

I think the idea is good...but when I go out to dinner, I want to talk to the people I'm with....not the back of their heads.

I'll review this sometime soon.

Kevin

My DS9 called in (with what I'm sure was a very rambling voice mail) a few weeks ago regarding this very issue. I told him that NO ONE except him would want to eat there. He stated that since Pete gave the Contemporary another shot, Kevin should go to Sci-Fi again.:rotfl2: So, DS will be very excited to hear that you're considering doing a review there.

"with my wife and I making up the back row..."

Wow, exbellhop - This is a family restaurant - I thought that said "with my wife and I making OUT in the back row" at first. . . Just like parking - but in the Sci-Fi! hee hee

When I read the title of this thread I almost fell out of my chair with laughter. :rotfl: The Sci-Fi RARELY gets good dining reviews from Disney guide books and websites, so I am fairly certain that Kev won't like it.. . .but I hope I'm wrong.

Go there for the ambiance. Have fun. Even if they don't have something you would like- ask for it. They sometimes don't have burgers on the menu, but when I ask, they always bring me one.

The glow in the dark drinks and flashing straw holders and "ice cubes" are a BLAST for the kids too! (and the adults!)

So go there without thinking it is going to be on par with a "nicer" place and you won't be disappointed. It is fun and tasty.

I'm not Kevin, but I rarely disagree with his reviews.

Sci Fi Dine In is horrid. HORRID.

I used to say go for the atmosphere, but now that's pretty abysmal, too. The servers used to be on roller skates and smile and play with the guests. Now they look about as happy as you will be after you pay Sci Fi's prices for their terrible food.

If you must go, only go for lunch and only order a hamburger and milkshake.

You can read about my last experience there in my July/August 2007 trip report, see the link in my signature. I think it's Day Two or Three of that trip, that we went.

I used to take my son every year, the food was never great, but it was ok and the atmosphere was fun. Until I hear it's under new management, never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter