Kevin-What do You Think Of Sci-Fi Dine In?

CdnDisneyLuvr

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I was just wondering if you have ever eaten at Sci Fi Dine In, and if so, what did you think of the food? I've heard mixed reviews from people regarding their hamburgers, but i'm personally not interested in the hamburgers. I am more interested in the sandwiches.

I thank you very very much in advance!!

Havent been in quite a while so any opinion I have would be out of date.

I think the idea is good...but when I go out to dinner, I want to talk to the people I'm with....not the back of their heads.

I'll review this sometime soon.

Kevin

I think the idea is good...but when I go out to dinner, I want to talk to the people I'm with....not the back of their heads.

Kevin

Thank you very much!! I'm going in December of this year, so we thought that mayeb we should chance it. One other question, ive heard that you can sit in a booth, not in a car--facing the back of peoples heads. Is this true?

Thanks!!!:goodvibes

If I remember correctly, they have tables set up in the back. I don't think they had any face to face booths though.

I went with my GF back in September 07 and I enjoyed it. It is quiet a strange place but it does look cool in there. The cars are great looking and we were lucky enough to have a really nice waiter named Andy who gave me a birthday card with Beast on the front, brought my ice cream desert to the table with a candle in it, sung happy birthday to me and took our picture. I had just turned 22 but it still managed to make me happy (big kid I know). I say try it out even just to laugh at how cheesy the black & white movies were :D

I go to SCI-FI every time I go I love it try the ribs if you are a rib fan they are good!!!!:thumbsup2

I went with my GF back in September 07 and I enjoyed it. It is quiet a strange place but it does look cool in there. The cars are great looking and we were lucky enough to have a really nice waiter named Andy who gave me a birthday card with Beast on the front, brought my ice cream desert to the table with a candle in it, sung happy birthday to me and took our picture. I had just turned 22 but it still managed to make me happy (big kid I know). I say try it out even just to laugh at how cheesy the black & white movies were :D
Thanks!!

Ohhh, more dinning reviews!

Not as though Kevin doesn't have enough to do!

*cough* 'Ohana *cough*

I'm not Kevin, but I have eaten here recently. My wife and I did not have reservations, and walked up with hopes of having lunch. We were in luck.

Sort of.

We were guests #5 and #6 in a car of 6. In other words, a family of four was sitting in the 2 rows in front of us, with my wife and I making up the back row.

The food was good. That I remember. However, I can't remember what either of us ate - I think mine was chicken something. Why can't I remember? It has to do with mental blocking. Remember the family that was also in our car? Mom, Dad, and 2 kids. No sooner does my vanilla milkshake arrive (one of my guilty pleasures to be sure), my straw goes in, I take a big sip... And then the kid in front of us puts his hand all over my straw as HE TRIES TO HAVE A SIP, TOO! It is at this point that the child in the front of the car decides to crawl out, and start running around the perimeter of the Sci-Fi, listening to the echoes of her own howls.

An entertaining meal, for sure. I would eat here again. However, I would make absolutely sure that I was only going to be joined by MY party :)

Enjoy!
ExBellhop

We love the Sci-fi. It's alot of fun, but I do request a car to ourselves. I do not like eating with others, I'm weird that way. :upsidedow

We love to Sci-fi. It's alot of fun, but I do request a car to ourselves. I do not like eating with others, I'm weird that way. :upsidedow
Wow, I thought that you got to sit by yourself. The idea of going to Sci-Fi for lunch may have to be abandoned
Thanks Everyone!

Wow, I thought that you got to sit by yourself. The idea of going to Sci-Fi for lunch may have to be abandoned
Thanks Everyone!

You don't actually sit next to them , each car was three rows ( each row holds two people). So if you are a party of two you will have other people in your car but not right next to you and we never felt like we had to talk to them or that we were all together. Actually when we dined at the 50's Primetime Diner we were stuck in the middle of two tables and that definitely felt like we were all eating together, thankfully both parties were super nice and we had a good time.

We like the food at the Sci-fi and we are eating there again this next trip. :) But like all WDW restaurants you will find varying opionions and reviews.

Hi,

I was just wondering if you have ever eaten at Sci Fi Dine In, and if so, what did you think of the food? I've heard mixed reviews from people regarding their hamburgers, but i'm personally not interested in the hamburgers. I am more interested in the sandwiches.

I thank you very very much in advance!!

I'm not Kevin, but I've been to Sci-Fi twice and didn't like it. It's cool looking and at first the "tables" are fun, but it is weird, just like sitting in a car, so the novelty wears off quick. I wasn't impressed with the food at all either time. First time our food took forever then came out cold and it just wasn't all that good. Second time, my niece's chicken had a weird "mint" taste, still haven't figured that out, it reminded me of toothpaste! I had ribs that we so fatty I couldn't even eat them. The milkshakes are really good though!

Kevin

Depends on who you are eating with? :laughing:

I can handle a little bit of meat, but it seems as though when I am eating it, I think about where it comes from.

if you think about any food that way you'd go hungry between the dirty veggies and the meat eeewww just remember it tastes goooooddd!!!:)

This is a must do each trip for me and my boyfriend, but then again, we are both two early 20-somethings. This kind of place appeals to us. We love their greasy burgers and alcoholic shakes! And we have all the cartoons and ads memorized. BEWARE OF THE BLOB!

But if you're looking for good food at a decent price, it's not gonna be found here. You're really paying for the atmosphere, and the burgers are nothing like you'll find at say..my other favorite...BEACHES AND CREAM!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter