Kevin is at the Star Wars Celebration!!!

Day 3

Today's an exciting one - Kevin and I have been given tickets to the Disney Parks Panel where they're going to go in depth about Galaxy's Edge. This isn't like yesterday and the Episode IX panel where I had to stand for three hours to see it on a screen - we have actual seats to see the actual people :)

I'm really looking forward to this one!!!

After that we head back to the Vacation Planning Center to help folks book their vacations to visit Galaxy's Edge!!! I think the Star Wars folks are going to lose their minds when they hear all the details.

Yesterday was fairly busy and we met more great listeners.

Everyone is so friendly - even folks dressed like Darth Vader and Storm Troopers :)

Day 3

Today's an exciting one - Kevin and I have been given tickets to the Disney Parks Panel where they're going to go in depth about Galaxy's Edge. This isn't like yesterday and the Episode IX panel where I had to stand for three hours to see it on a screen - we have actual seats to see the actual people :)

I'm really looking forward to this one!!!

After that we head back to the Vacation Planning Center to help folks book their vacations to visit Galaxy's Edge!!! I think the Star Wars folks are going to lose their minds when they hear all the details.

Yesterday was fairly busy and we met more great listeners.

Everyone is so friendly - even folks dressed like Darth Vader and Storm Troopers :)

do you get a sense that a lot of the info shared was new to the people in attendance? I was watching online and amongs Disney fans who follow all the news it seemed like not a ton of new info was shared (though some really good nuggets!)

Just wondering how well known the details of Galaxy's Edge were known beforehand to the average Star Wars fan who maybe isn't also a Disney/Disney Parks fan

do you get a sense that a lot of the info shared was new to the people in attendance? I was watching online and amongs Disney fans who follow all the news it seemed like not a ton of new info was shared (though some really good nuggets!)

Just wondering how well known the details of Galaxy's Edge were known beforehand to the average Star Wars fan who maybe isn't also a Disney/Disney Parks fan
I think it depends. There was a lot of cheering overall. Couldn’t really gauge what was new for some and not for others. The music I think got the most reaction. They also had the ride teasers which got some reaction. Falcon got more reaction that RotR.

I've been following on Twitstagram, the photos and comments have been highly entertaining!

Question - were Dreams the only agency working with Disney or were there a few? In any case great work! Just hope you didn't book ANY trips 9/29-10/6...

It's Sunday so that means Day 4 of Star Wars Celebration

Yesterday's panel for Galaxy's Edge was fun. Not a lot of new info for me (except the Coca Cola stuff) but it was really cool to hear and watch people respond to the announcements. The crowd was huge (it was in an arena) and they were pumped!!!

It was our busiest day yet in the Vacation Planning Center, however based on appointments in the system it looks like today and tomorrow will be busier. We're giving away cool buttons and Darth Vader Rice Crispy treats just for speaking with an agent today so please come on by. We're providing our usual no-obligation pricing.

Kevin and I have no panels planned today so we will be working all day with the occasional break to check out the trade show floor. It's been so crowded and so nuts that I can't be down there long - a few minutes is enough and then I have to retreat to the room Disney has set up - it's actually peaceful.

Something that caught many of is off guard yesterday was that a lot of guests set up little areas for trading items. They opened up blankets on the floor and created something like a makeshift market. It was neat to see but oddly Kevin still couldn't find anything he wanted :)

We'll be posting to social media as much as possible today.

It's Sunday so that means Day 4 of Star Wars Celebration

Yesterday's panel for Galaxy's Edge was fun. Not a lot of new info for me (except the Coca Cola stuff) but it was really cool to hear and watch people respond to the announcements. The crowd was huge (it was in an arena) and they were pumped!!!

It was our busiest day yet in the Vacation Planning Center, however based on appointments in the system it looks like today and tomorrow will be busier. We're giving away cool buttons and Darth Vader Rice Crispy treats just for speaking with an agent today so please come on by. We're providing our usual no-obligation pricing.

Kevin and I have no panels planned today so we will be working all day with the occasional break to check out the trade show floor. It's been so crowded and so nuts that I can't be down there long - a few minutes is enough and then I have to retreat to the room Disney has set up - it's actually peaceful.

Something that caught many of is off guard yesterday was that a lot of guests set up little areas for trading items. They opened up blankets on the floor and created something like a makeshift market. It was neat to see but oddly Kevin still couldn't find anything he wanted :)

We'll be posting to social media as much as possible today.

Thanks for sharing these recaps/updates - been enjoying reading them

Question - were Dreams the only agency working with Disney or were there a few? In any case great work! Just hope you didn't book ANY trips 9/29-10/6...

Dreams Unlimited Travel is one of three agencies invited to participate in this unprecedented collaboration. They selected their three top selling partners. We are all considered Diamond Earmarked Agencies (a new classification they developed just for agencies with the highest sales). We are also the only three Diamond Earmarked Agencies.

This is actually a very big deal as Disney is allowing us to represent their brand alongside our own in providing vacation quotes to guests of the convention.

hKenvRq3__Z8DBqPgUDqjgeF

I found a translator for this...since my Aurebesh skills are lacking.

hint: it would put a smile on at least one person.......

Last edited:
My trying to use the spoiler gizmo...fails. :rolleyes1 I was up late watching Solo: A Star Wars movie on Netflix for he first time. :ewok::yoda:

Dreams Unlimited Travel is one of three agencies invited to participate in this unprecedented collaboration. They selected their three top selling partners. We are all considered Diamond Earmarked Agencies (a new classification they developed just for agencies with the highest sales). We are also the only three Diamond Earmarked Agencies.

This is actually a very big deal as Disney is allowing us to represent their brand alongside our own in providing vacation quotes to guests of the convention.
Congrats John and Pete, and all the agents at Dreams - Huge accomplishment to be in the Top 3 of sales!! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter