Kennedy Space Center Planning Advice?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
Is there any need to pre-plan a visit to Kennedy Space Center? Xmas week.......

At a minimum, you should visit the website and familiarize yourself with the exhibits. The app is also pretty good. Seeing everything in one day is a challenge, so you should prioritize the ones you and your family want to see most. In my opinion, the Space Shuttle Atlantis and Saturn V rocket exhibits are absolute must-sees. There are add-on tours you may want to consider, although I’m not sure what’s available in COVID times.

If you do a search, you’ll find some KSC trip reports. This one by @schumigirl is great:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...ay-nights-at-rpr-nov-dec-2018.3720520/page-23

Have fun!

Last edited:

I just checked their “Planning Site” and they do not mention anything about non operating limited availability For their holiday week planning...
I guess you are supposed to just go and then discover “ Due to Covid Unprecedented Times “ we still need money . Thanks for visiting.
Hate to tell my daughter not to fight holiday traffic for this !
Appreciate any updates .
Thank you

I just checked their “Planning Site” and they do not mention anything about non operating limited availability For their holiday week planning...
I guess you are supposed to just go and then discover “ Due to Covid Unprecedented Times “ we still need money . Thanks for visiting.
Hate to tell my daughter not to fight holiday traffic for this !
Appreciate any updates .
Thank you

I guess that makes sense.

If they advertised that everything isn't open due to COVID then nobody would go out there.

But if you drive all the way out there and then "Surprise", you'll probably still visit cause you spent your time getting out there.

If you want to buy tickets on their website, you have to choose a date before being able to check-out, currently, they only let you choose a date up to March 31. I wonder if they also limit the number of visitors per day and if there is a problem if you just show up there, no tickets in hand. Interestingly, Orlando Fun Tickets sells undated tickets, saying they are valid for any date in 2021 at a $6 discount over the prices at KSC. But then, Orlando Fun Ticket also says the ticket allows you to access the guided bus tour (which isn't running at this time), so go figure. :-/

today:

Access the restricted areas of NASA's Kennedy Space Center to see operational facilities for the history and future of American spaceflight. All bus tours are currently unavailable.

Every human who stepped foot on the Moon launched from Kennedy Space Center atop a Saturn V rocket. Learn about the power of this rocket and imagine what it was like to launch into space on this massive machine. This experience is currently unavailable.

AVAILABLE ATTRACTIONS AND SERVICES
Many attractions are available at this time including Space Shuttle Atlantis®, Heroes & Legends and IMAX theater. To view all available attractions, visit the Explore Attractions page.

We have so much space to offer but we can’t offer it all at the moment. For guests health and safety, these attractions and services will not be available:

• Attractions: KSC Bus Tour including the Apollo/Saturn V Center, Dine With An Astronaut and astronaut appearances and Special Interest Tours
  • Programs: Overnight Adventures and Mars Base 1
  • Shopping: Shuttle Express
  • Dining: Rocket Garden Café, Milky Way Ice Cream Shop, Starbucks. Additionally, water bottle refill stations are closed. Please visit Orbit Cafe to receive refills.

I'm in the wait for another time camp. The standard bus tour is almost a necessity. I've done two of the special interest tours and absolutely feel they are worth the money. Going inside the VAB is just memorizing as well as walking on the launch pad with the charred concrete (or whatever it is).

I don't know if they still do it, but I did the onsite launch package years ago (Atlantis). It was another experience I'll never forget there.

With so much closed, I would wait. We were there in July, 2018 and spent two days there. One day we did the lunch with an astronaut but the highlight on the second day was the Launch Director Tour of the Atlantis exhibit. It was so well done and very interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter