• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

kelscross' journey (comments welcome)

Kellee, don't feel so bad. You have so much going on right now that you are lucky to even be able to get on here to post. I thought I had a lot going on w/working full-time and going to school full-time. But I don't have kids and I don't smoke, so I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. Like I said previously, I am here for you if you need me. I have also had a rough week, but I know that you and I can make next week a better one. Good luck!

Hey thanks guys.

I don't have much time right now. I took the kids to King's Island yesterday. We had a great time. The weather was perfect. It was really crowded and the kids didn't get to ride as much as they usually do, but it was fun. Of course I didn't eat very well. Who would at an amusement park?? Ha! Funnel Cakes are my weakness. I think it's offset by the amount of walking involved. I know we walked 5 miles yesterday.

I have to get going and go to work for a little while. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'll check your posts this evening!

Sounds like you had a fun day! You got a lot of walking in.....I know how hard it is to resist those funnel cakes...sometimes you gotta cave! Yum!

I am really glad you were able to do something fun w/your girls this weekend. It must have been a nice break from work and school. The fact that you managed to show your girls a great time as busy as you are says a lot about what a great mother you are to them. Have a great week this week, Kellee! :wave:

Thanks Tasha...I really try hard to not be distant from them because of our hectic schedule. I think they really suffer from being away from me so much, but it will be ok in the long run. It is really effecting my youngest. She's been having terrible temper tantrums lately. I'm taking her to the ped on Thurs. to make sure things are okay find out how we can get past this and help her out with her tantrums.

I've been staying off the scale lately guys. It got me so down I didn't want to look. I'm going to wait until the end of the challenge to post my numbers.

Tomorrow I go to my doctor to discuss this anxiety. Me...anxiety...no...:rolleyes: I'm hoping he can prescribe something to give me some relief. I'm really feeling the pressure from school/work/kids/ex/you name it. I won't make it another year in school at this rate. So I'm hoping I feel better soon.

On a lighter note. I began tanning today in preparation for our trip coming up. I haven't had much time to really get some good sun in and even though I will still wear sunscreen I wan't to have some sun so I don't get crispy crittered!! Sheesh...I wish I had my girls' complexion...they are dark skinned like their daddy, they hardly wear sunscreen.

Hey Michelle, can you pm me or something on how to put a picture on here? I think I have one to put on here. Thanks

Have a good day everyone!

*Sirens Flashing* Kellee, Kellee, Kellee, you didn't know you made friends with the Sunblock Police, did you? LOL

Girlfriend, just because the kiddos have darker skin doesn't mean they don't need sunblock! A lot of people think that just because their skin doesn't burn they don't need to use sunscreen, that's so not true. The sun is still damaging your skin regardless of whether it burns it or not, especially the sensitive skin of small children. Now, let's talk about you young lady. *gets her stern police face on* The only reason tanning keeps you from becoming a "crispy critter" is because the damage has already been done! My advice, use a high SPF sunblock (35 or higher, personally, I use 50) and skip the real tan for a faker if you must have one.

*takes off her sunblock police hat and returns to normal* ;) :p ;)

Okay, that's just my feelings on the subject, please don't be offended. :)

I was actually thinking about doing the stay off the scales thing too but since I'm in the Labor Day challenge I still wanted to report every week. I think when it's over if they do another one I will join in on it. I can't wait to see what your results are! :)

Good luck with your Doctor appointments. I hope they can give you some advice on how to handle the temper tantrums and also how to manage your anxiety. :hug:

I will send you a PM with picture posting directions later today. I made something special for you too that I'll send along with them. :)

Kellee...sorry to hear about your stress! You have so much going on! Ahhh those wonderful temper tantrums. I always ignored them. I was always told that it was just one of those things kids do to get attention. When they see it doesn't work...they eventually stop. It is a phase. Not all kids have ones as major, but they all have their way of trying to get "their way" The more you feed into the tantrum the more she will have. Most people cave because the kid will do it in a public place and makes the parent embarrased. But if you are strong...and can outlast it...and not care what others think...ignore it!!! I have 3 kids and I believe in being firm with them, I let them know who is the boss. But at the same time I have always been able to have fun with them and be a mom.

I love Disney...you're going to have so much fun!

Gail

LOL Michelle...I'm not offended at all. Actually I am a sunscreen freak with the kids if we are going to be out for long periods of time or swimming or something. But you have to realize that in the Ohio sun :rolleyes: (if you want to call it that) just a little while I really don't worry with my kids. Now for me that's a different story. I guess I'll look good in my coffin with lung cancer and a tan...LMAO just kidding. Thanks for the concern.

Gail...the problem with the temper tantrums is that I am afraid to be alone with her when she is having them because my neighbors think I'm killing her and she is doing things that are hurting herself during the tantrums so I'm afraid that if the police or CPS is called then I have no excuse. Here is a child that looks injured and the witnesses heard her screaming like she is dying. That's the only problem. It's wierd though, it's not like she's never been told no before. I have always been firm with my children on stuff that can and can't have, she's just real sensitive I guess lately. Thanks for the encouragement though.

My doctor prescribed Lexapro for the anxiety and told me to continue the Wellbutrin for the smoking along with the nicorette gum it should be successful he says.

So in a few weeks I should be fully medicated and ready to enjoy my vacation with no anxiety attacks. :sunny: He says it will probably help with the motivation (or lack of) to lose weight as well. I've been hanging in there though. I'm going to do my measurements this week to see what kind of damage I've done.

Night all!

Kellee, I'm glad the doc had something to help you! Hopefully the Lexapro will kick in soon and you'll be breathing easier and having less anxiety. I've battled depression and anxiety - no fun! Exercise really helps but with your schedule, I don't know how you'd fit any more exercise in!

Hang in there!! Wishing you a wonderful day! Can't wait to hear all about your Disney trip! :sunny:

I'm still here guys...just a little busy...just checking in. I'll catch up ASAP.

Michelle...I got the PM. Can I just keep referring back to it if I want to use the water clippie? I will work on the picture when I get some uninterupted time...sigh...like that will happen...ha!

For those of you in Florida, I hope this finds you well and safe.

Prayers :)

Kellee, I know you're a busy gal right now. Just wanted to pop in and say hi! :wave2:

I'm sending good thoughts your way today! :sunny:

Sorry guys that I've been MIA the last few days. I started my orientation at the hospital and it is full time for two weeks and I have to get up early, early and drive 40 mins away. I'm not used to getting up so early every morning. I better though because come school time again I'll be up with the chickens!

I found out what one of my "lack of energy" problems is. When I went to the dr's last week for the meds he ordered some labs, they called today to tell me that I needed a GI consult because apparently my H & H are very, very low. They said something about anemia so I said can't I take some iron or something and the nurse said...no...Dr. Brown is afraid you are bleeding somewhere to have those low values.

So I guess they have to find out if/where I'm bleeding internally and if/when they do I guess they will repair the bleed and give me a blood tranfusion. Wierd...I just feel tired, not like I'm bleeding inside.

Oh well...I'm going to try to get caught up on the posts. I've been thinking about you guys, I am going to weigh in right before I go on vacation to see how I'm doing with the challenge. Once I get this energy problem figured out then hopefully I'll be able to join an exercise challenge.

Take care everyone!!!! I'll really try to catch up soon!

Wow Kellee...that's some news! Make sure to let us know what is going on. I'm glad you updated us. I was wondering how you were doing. You only have 2 weeks until vacation. I hope you have a great time! Take care of yourself!

Gail

Kellee, I'm sorry that you had to find out that something was wrong with you but it's certainly good that they found out about this now before it gets any worse. I hope that they are able to fix it and get you feeling full of energy very soon! My prayers are with you. :hug:

Wow, Kellee! I hope everything is going okay. I am sorry to hear that you are having medical problems. I was anemic in the past and I thought that was bad enough! I sure hope you get well in no time. I noticed that you are going to WDW in 5 days...I know that will be a nice break for you. You deserve it! Have a great time! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter