Just saw Toy Story 3!!

Just had to add my 2 cents.....EXCELLENT MOVIE. One of the best I have ever seen. If you love Woody, Buzz and the gang this will not disappoint.

We have tickets for the 6:30 show. Dh and I are taking ds's who are 25 and 20 :rotfl::rotfl: and ds1's gf. Can't wait

That is like us...my dad took my sisters and me...we're 25, 23, and 20. :laughing:

We loved it. Great movie!

With all the great reviews on this thread it is making me want to see this even more. I was ten when the first one came out and remember my mom and dad taking me to see it. I am now 25 and more excited than my seven and five year old cousins.

The funny thing is though my 11 year old cousin who told me not two months ago and that he was too old for Disney movies called tonight and asked when I was going to take him to see it.

We are taking DS to see it for his birthday. Buzz and Woody are his heroes and he is so excited about it(ok, I am JUST as excited) DH is trying really hard to make us wait until next week(DS's actual birthday) but I don't think we are going to make it that long:yay:

I haven't seen Toy Story 1 or 2 but want to see 3. I have to see what I've been missing but wish to know if I'll feel like I'm in left field.

Does one movie/story start where the last stopped (a la soap opera)?

I guess you could go ahead and see 3 without seeing the first two, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it. You wouldn't really understand Andy's journey emotionally without seeing the other two first. I mean, you'd understand that parts of the movie were sad, but you wouldn't really understand the deeper meaning. I hope that made sense :laughing:

Thanks! :goodvibes

We went last night. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thought it started out a little slow...but really got going about midway. The story-line really surprised me.

If you've got kids who are growing up and heading off to college, moving out on their own, getting married, etc...take a hankie.

As others have said, none of the 3-d effects were cheesey...were just part of the movie. You actually forget you're wearing the glasses.

I remember thinking during one of the emotional moments how strange it was that I was wiping my eyes watching a cartoon about toys.

Another thing I noticed, there were a lot of little kids in the theater....I thought oh no...they'll be cryin', talking, being distracting...did not hear a peep out of them except for laughter. They were totally engrossed in the movie.

Definitely a movie worth seeing...no matter how old you are.

Can't wait to see it !!!! My oldest is 21, I remember how much he loved the first one . My baby is 7 and we are now watching 1 and 2 . For some reason I never bought them . It has been amazing to watch the first two with him , we bought a few toys for him and pulled out the toys I had gotten for him when # 2 came out . He is having a ball with them, so nice to see him get into them again. He has all of his toys out and everyone is playing together.

DH is out looking for a new Woody right now.

:thumbsup2 Thumbs up from my family. This was the first time we took DS to the theatre. He is almost 3 and was enthralled the entire time. What an amazing movie to have as his first movie! DD10 loved the movie too. DH, who is not very sentimental when it comes to movies, was caught wiping tears from his eyes. If this is truly the last installment, what a wonderful way to end the series!

We went last night. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thought it started out a little slow...but really got going about midway. The story-line really surprised me.

If you've got kids who are growing up and heading off to college, moving out on their own, getting married, etc...take a hankie.

As others have said, none of the 3-d effects were cheesey...were just part of the movie. You actually forget you're wearing the glasses.

I remember thinking during one of the emotional moments how strange it was that I was wiping my eyes watching a cartoon about toys.

Another thing I noticed, there were a lot of little kids in the theater....I thought oh no...they'll be cryin', talking, being distracting...did not hear a peep out of them except for laughter. They were totally engrossed in the movie.

Definitely a movie worth seeing...no matter how old you are.

I went this morning to see the movie (again!) with my parents. I just finished my first year in college, so the movie definitely had my mom crying at the end. I don't think she's looking forward to the whole "goodbye" thing again this August :rotfl:

When I went to see the movie yesterday morning, there were at least 50 kids in the theater, and they were all silent the entire movie. Unfortunately, this morning we weren't so lucky. There were two little girls just across the aisle from us who were running, jumping, talking, screeching, etc. the entire movie. There was also a little kid about 3-4 rows behind us that decided that it would be really fun to scream and throw popcorn at the end of the movie. He was there with his mom, who was just laughing and egging him on the entire time :headache:. Fortunately, I don't think my parents noticed too much, because they didn't mention it and truly LOVED the movie. I think I was the only one who got the popcorn shower :rolleyes:

(And I agree with one of the previous posters on this thread - the people who thought Up was "depressing" or a "downer" are going to be freaking out at this!)

Ah, yes. That was me who posted the "Up was a Downer" thread. I'm sticking to my guns on that one.

But, no, I'm not freaking out about TS3. Loved, loved, absolutely loved Toy Story 3. Sure, we cried at the end (DS11 even got misty). But, it wasn't the same gut-wrenching, rip your heart out kind of cry. Maybe it was because these were characters we know and have grown to love over the years, that feel like a part of our memories. And, we knew what was coming.

It wasn't as shockingly sad as the beginning of UP.

I'm ready to see TS3 over and over again, just like we have with the first two. Bravo to Pixar!

I know. My oldest son looked like he was about to cry, but my youngest didn't.

When Buzz reached for Jessie's hand I about lost it.
I did lose it at that scene. And the end forget about it, I was a mess.

Fabulous movie, I so want to go see it again!

We also saw TS3 yesterday and loved it! I went with my DH and DSis and her family - none of us younger than 26yo. The ending was so emotional - I had a hard time holding it together. I think I might try to watch it in 3D next time as I did notice a few instances where I think you might have objects coming at you - like Mickey's Philharmagic.

We adored every second of it, but IMHO, paying extra for 3D wasn't worth it. The hand-holding moment? LOST it!

We went and watch it yesterday. We loved it. DS 6 is a huge toy story fan since he has been 2, it was the first movie he ever watched. We all teared up. DS teard up twice. He grabbed my hand when Woody and Buzz did and squeeze it until they were safe. We are going to take are nieces and nephews next weekend.

I haven't seen it yet, but I have my middle son going off to college in Sept, he loves Toy Story, should we see it together? will I lose it? My other two sons saw it, and just loved it.

I haven't seen it yet, but I have my middle son going off to college in Sept, he loves Toy Story, should we see it together? will I lose it?

Yes and YES! If he is going off to college this year, it will be an amazing experience to see it together. However, you may suffer more tears than most of us. They are happy, nostalgic tears though.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter