Just ran my numbers...

4luv2cdisney

DIS Veteran
In 2017, we decided to start planning our 2018 and 2019 Disney trips. Instead of our usual cash trip to POR with a (possible) Free dining discount, we bought DVC @BWV.

I'll spare you every little detail, but since we are just back from trip #1, we have actual expenses and can already plug in our dates and pricing for the 2019 trip, my results are this...

DVC full purchase price, dues thru 2019, plus 2018 AP purchase and actual food costs plus 2019 projected food costs

vs

2 trips to POR on FD with tickets purchased each trip, upgraded DDP on 1 room (to eat somewhat comparatively)

I'm out approx $4000 more on DVC vs our "normal" trips.

For that $4000, we stay at BWV -vs- POR, we ate more TS meals, and we still own a contract that holds quite a bit of value whether considering what we could sell it for or that we will use it for 20+ more years. So, my fuzzy disney math tells me that my DVC really cost me $4000. The rest was already being spent.

Also, since it was a Christmas trip, we did use our AP and DVC discounts for purchasing some gifts. We are not typically souvenir buyers, but we did buy a bit this time around. Those things are not in my numbers.

I am beyond thrilled with BWV as a home resort.

Money well spent.

Congratulations and welcome home. Always nice to hear someone is happy with their purchase. I predict many more happy trips for you and your family.

I no longer look at all the numbers for our trips - we've owned BWV since 1999. For me, the cost of our room is just points required times dues per point. We've long since broken even and almost always stay at the BWV in a standard view 1 bedroom. We've tried a few nights in studios (split stays) just to see what the other resorts are like, but are always happy to go home to finish up the trip. :)

Enjoy your membership!

we stayed 19 days in our 1st 2 years. my fuzzy math says I am 1/3 of the way to my "break even" point. that is even with buying direct

I have yet to do the math - I could not get a rack rate for a 2 bedroom VGC room over Memorial day but suffice to say it 1500 a night. That trip alone was over 40% of my purchase cost at SSR.

I have yet to do the math - I could not get a rack rate for a 2 bedroom VGC room over Memorial day but suffice to say it 1500 a night. That trip alone was over 40% of my purchase cost at SSR.

That is a big "win"! Congrats!

Just back from 7 nights at BWV and we too are happy owners!
BWV is a fabulous property. It has just the right ambience, great location and (shock horror I'm heaping praise on Disney) is managed with great attention to detail.
I spoke last summer with one of the managers there who was walking around the pool area with an assistant, directing that this be sorted, that be sorted.
She asked me did I see anything that could be improved? Only thing I could think of was the sunbeds were getting past their best.
"Are you here Monday?" She asked. "New ones delivered then ".

yes BWV is the best. we've owned there since 2002. We have stayed at all the DVC resorts except HH, AUl VB andPoly

BWV is a fabulous property. It has just the right ambience, great location and (shock horror I'm heaping praise on Disney) is managed with great attention to detail.
".

Agreed. Of all the resorts we stayed at since 1993 when our Disney Fandom really started, Boardwalk is the one resort we never stayed at.

Since we became DVC members, we have stayed at Boardwalk 3 times now and it just never gets old. Very underrated property.

Boardwalk owners here since 2000..originally 250 pts..paid in full .direct....2011 bought another 50 pts...April UY...we have mostly stayed at BWV every time...DH and I retired 11 yrs....we have shared our trip with our kids and 5 adult (now) grandkids ...love the area..love the BW...now waiting for STAR WARS!!!!!!!

Boardwalk owners here since 2000..originally 250 pts..paid in full .direct....2011 bought another 50 pts...April UY...we have mostly stayed at BWV every time...DH and I retired 11 yrs....we have shared our trip with our kids and 5 adult (now) grandkids ...love the area..love the BW...now waiting for STAR WARS!!!!!!!

That's so great!!

Our girls are 16 and 20 and still love Disney more than any other vacations. Our little contract would be good enough for DH and I, but our goal is to continue to take the kids and (eventually) their kids for as long as we can, so we will be needing more points! The plan is to add-on as we need to.

Already booked for November 2019 and hoping for Star Wars even though it will be crazy!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter