Just off of Disney Dream: Our view of Disboard complaints

thanks for this great review! We are cruising next week and I really appreciate it!

Also forgot to mention that we brought a picture matte. We dropped off on the first day and asked for "classic characters" and "no princesses" and it was autographed by Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie, Daisy, Chip and Dale, and Pluto -- very colorful and didn't cost a penny!!

Nice post and for the things on your list that we slso experienced, I agree. We ate at Cabanas several times and never saw in boorish behavior outside of one table next to us who were badmouthing the minister of their church. We simply moved to a different table. Then again, we mostly ate at off-peak times, so I'm sure that helped. As for the elevators and stairs outside Cabanas, they did get busy but were never a detriment to us as we primarily walked while on the cruise, anyway. The elevators, in general, seemed no more crowded than others I've experienced on the Wonder, for example. Peak times will have peak usage, so we always used the stairs during those times. Obviously, there will be times when other cruisers are obnoxious, or when a CM isn't at his or her best, or when a particular service isn't as good as it should be (I agree the room service menu could use some tweaking). But, put us firmly on the side of having a blast on our cruise. . .we've already rebooked. ;)

Awesome trip report! Thanks so much for taking the time to write it up for us!

:):):)

My wife reminded me of another.

We had read on here that it was possible to have the counselors from Oceaneer's Club pick up the kids during dinner.

We did NOT see this happen. When you order a child's meal, however, they will bring it as soon as it is ready. So they might get their appetizer with your first course and their meal as soon as it is ready afterwards. But they always feed the children first. They also brought washable crayons every night along with the kids menu that had coloring pages, mazes, and puzzles on it.

While dinner did take an hour to an hour and a half, it didn't feel that long most nights.

Dine & Play is available at 2nd seating only and we used it 3 out of the 4 nights. The counselors walk around the dining rooms to let you know they're there but it's 9:15pm(ish).

We were on your same cruise and I agree - it was my 3rd sailing of the Dream (Jan 30 and Feb 13) - the magic was still there. I miss the opening crew as so many of them were highly experienced and the service was over-the-top but we've booked the Fantasy for 2012 and can't wait.

Thanks for the great info! I've been reading cruising info on these boards on and off for the past 6+ months and had not seen the starboard veranda tip until now. I really appreciate your taking the time to post that. I just changed our room category and was able to move from the port to starboard side, as a happy coincidence.

We are looking forward to our family cruise on the Dream next month!

Bensdaddy, could you comment/ post photo on your gift basket you ordered from Shirley?

Sailed on Dream in July starbord (right) side room with verandah and di not receive any instructions for not being on verandah for fireworks. We watched from deck 13 forward but did see many on their starbord side verandahs watching the fireworks.

I can confirm this is still the policy. We were on the Dream 10-2 thru 10/5 an 10/6 thru 10/8 on a B2B. We were on the starboard side deck 9 and we did receive a letter asking us to not be on the verandah during the Fireworks.

Since I started this thread, figured I would update it. We booked another 4 night cruise on Dream for October 2013 to celebrate my 40th birthday! Same cabin, opposite side of the ship.

Keep her clean until then.;-)

JACH1976 said:
We were on the Aug 28th Dream sailing, and I just wanted to post a tip... Our kids are early risers, and on our sea day, we grabbed room service for 7 AM, fed the kids, and headed up to the pool deck for 8 or 8:30 AM. We had the Mickey pool to ourselves for almost an hour! (I wish I could post pics, but we lost our camera at WDW after the cruise:sad2:). We were there until almost 11:30, after which we headed back to our cabin, changed for lunch, and enjoyed the rest of the day. It was great!

That sounds like a great plan!

What time does cabanas open for breakfast? If its early enough, we might hit that.

We got off the Dream last week and they did send us a letter asking us not to go out on the verandah during the fireworks show. They also requested that all personal belongings be brought inside the cabin.

We just got off the Dream-Cabanas opens at 700am for a continental breakfast and 730am for a hot breakfast. I think they are open until 1030am.
Elizabeth

kylmac said:
We just got off the Dream-Cabanas opens at 700am for a continental breakfast and 730am for a hot breakfast. I think they are open until 1030am.
Elizabeth

Awesome news. That's Elizabeth. We'll be on 9 aft, so it should be an easy trip up - then off to the pool!

BensDaddy said:
Since I started this thread, figured I would update it. We booked another 4 night cruise on Dream for October 2013 to celebrate my 40th birthday! Same cabin, opposite side of the ship.

Keep her clean until then.;-)

Congratulations!!

Thanks for the info. We are booking Dream for early June and are choosing btw aft cabins on both sides of ship. Did I get this right - the Dream docks so the views of the islands are on starboard side? The only cabins that are available in category 7A are near elevators, so hoping the clopping of feet and elevator noise doesn't wake us up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter