Just did online check in @BLT 60 days out

Steamboat Girlie

I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh.
I did it through the Disney website, not the DVC website. I had previously linked all my reservations.
Our reservation is for Standard View.
The only choices were :
lower floor
near Skyway Bridge

I selected near Skyway Bridge, not really knowing what it means.

I certainly don't want a lower floor, so I didn't select that.

I already spoke with MS and asked them to note that we would like as high a floor as possible. I think that standards only go up to floor 4 or 5.

There was also an option that said "I would like my room ready for early arrival and to prioritize that over other requests."

I didn't select that, as I would rather wait a while and get a higher floor. I know it's not guaranteed either way.

The Skyway Bridge is what connects BLT to the Contemporary. It connects from the South bank of elevator area of BLT on the 5th floor to the 4th floor of the Contemporary (by the shops).

I was just at BLT this January, did online checkin, and had MS add room requests to our reservation.

When we arrived, the only requests that showed up were the ones with "check box" equivalents (such as high room). My guess is with this new system, the check box requests may be the only ones available now and we ended up in a room that was much different then we had originally requested.

Let us know if you have better luck :thumbsup2

I was just at BLT this January, did online checkin, and had MS add room requests to our reservation.

When we arrived, the only requests that showed up were the ones with "check box" equivalents (such as high room). My guess is with this new system, the check box requests may be the only ones available now and we ended up in a room that was much different then we had originally requested.

Let us know if you have better luck :thumbsup2

This stresses me out! I just sent an email to MS about a specific concern. We have a 2 bdrm standard view in April. My two youngest children ages 4 and 2 are autistic. They have major receptive and expressive language delays. The littlest who'll be 2.7 years old in April is completely nonverbal and neither of them understand danger. Both of them love water and if they even see the pool or the lake they will do everything in their power to get to it. Obviously they are always supervised but I don't want to worry about them constantly trying to escape or crying because they can't get to the water. I requested that we have no view of any water. It's a legitimate safety concern. Is there anything I can do to assure my request is noted and seen by BLT?

This stresses me out! I just sent an email to MS about a specific concern. We have a 2 bdrm standard view in April. My two youngest children ages 4 and 2 are autistic. They have major receptive and expressive language delays. The littlest who'll be 2.7 years old in April is completely nonverbal and neither of them understand danger. Both of them love water and if they even see the pool or the lake they will do everything in their power to get to it. Obviously they are always supervised but I don't want to worry about them constantly trying to escape or crying because they can't get to the water. I requested that we have no view of any water. It's a legitimate safety concern. Is there anything I can do to assure my request is noted and seen by BLT?

The only rooms at BLT where there isn't any view of water that I have seen are on the first and second floor very near the lobby on the backside of the building. These rooms have too much vegetation to see the pool- if you are on the theme park view side the water is the lake in front of the magic kingdom- anywhere else you will either see the pool or Bay Lake at least in the not so near view if not closer. You really need a low floor on the back middle of the building so you have no view in order to avoid water view at all.

I did it through the Disney website, not the DVC website. I had previously linked all my reservations.
Our reservation is for Standard View.
The only choices were :
lower floor
near Skyway Bridge

I selected near Skyway Bridge, not really knowing what it means.

I certainly don't want a lower floor, so I didn't select that.

I already spoke with MS and asked them to note that we would like as high a floor as possible. I think that standards only go up to floor 4 or 5.

There was also an option that said "I would like my room ready for early arrival and to prioritize that over other requests."

I didn't select that, as I would rather wait a while and get a higher floor. I know it's not guaranteed either way.

We were at BLT in November and LOVED it. We were on the first floor and enjoyed it very much. Being able to walk right out was very nice. We saw the fireworks from the roof, right outside and of course, inside MK.

The SkyWay bridge gets a lot of traffic b\c it joins BLT to the Contemporary so it an get noisy. but it's also convenient to get over to the Contempo Cafe, Chef Mickey's and the monorail.

do you think if you check in online early (60 day out) instead of later (20 days out) do your requests get more attention ???

My daughter has life threatening allergies. I always call the hotel a day or two in advance and request a deep clean of the room and emphasize the seriousness of the situation. The request is always in the reservation and it is honoured. Call direct.

I read this and thought of us about 7 years ago and still to this day when making requests at WDW and DVC. Our son also has autism, although now verbal, he still does not understand danger and is the little escape artist if he could get to a pool.

We have always requested a landscape view so I can keep him calm. He will just go off and obsess on the pool, hence making me nuts. It is easier to just go to the pool when we are all ready.

There use to be a medical request line but I think it is now a thing of the past.

Tips: Call DVC and tell them your room location request is medical based. Get a GAC if needed, request to speak to the "chef" and let him know if you children have any sensory issues with food or special requests. When DS was 2-4 he only ate food that was red. Urg! Take breaks as needed.

Enjoy your holiday and wishing you well.pixiedust:

Were you able to sign up for the FP+ as well? I thought that was the reason for the 60 day advance registration.

Were you able to sign up for the FP+ as well? I thought that was the reason for the 60 day advance registration.

This was what I was going to ask!

I haven't been keeping up on everything and I didn't know people could start checking in at 60 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter