Just booked! So how do tix work on split stays?

Tammy296

DIS Veteran
My first solo trip to dis coming soon....I booked half the week at BC and the other half at pop. I got my 5 day tix with the first res...since we use room keys with tix how will this work with my second res room only?? Getting nervous...was told by ta to book this way tix wud still be good but now I question??

It's fine. The tickets will be good for however many days you bought. When you check into the 2nd resort let them know that you still have valid park tickets on the first set of room keys. They should be able to transfer them to the new keys. If they can't, then the ticket part of the 1st key should still work to get you into the park, but you'll have to carry both around with you.

Is 5 days for the 1st reservation, or the whole trip? If you need to add days to your park tickets you can do that at any of the parks.

I hope this helps!:goodvibes

It's fine. The tickets will be good for however many days you bought. When you check into the 2nd resort let them know that you still have valid park tickets on the first set of room keys. They should be able to transfer them to the new keys. If they can't, then the ticket part of the 1st key should still work to get you into the park, but you'll have to carry both around with you.

Is 5 days for the 1st reservation, or the whole trip? If you need to add days to your park tickets you can do that at any of the parks.

I hope this helps!:goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Just wanted to add that park tickets are good for 14 days from first use, so you will be fine using them for your room only stay :).

Does anyone know how split stays work? I guess what I'm wondering really is how is the transfer done from one resort to the other without interrupting your trip too much..

Does the front desk really help a lot with this? How?

I want to make this as pain free as possible AND still get to enjoy the park without long transfer times.

I'll have rollaway and probably one backpack for the vacation. It's just me so I won't have a lot of stuff. I did plan to order from garden grocers for a few things for my first 4 days...

The only reason I decided to split stay is because I couldnt get the BC for the full week!!

:confused:

I have never done a split stay before and I'm going solo (to add to any :sick: )

Thanks in advance!
Tammy

Does anyone know how split stays work? I guess what I'm wondering really is how is the transfer done from one resort to the other without interrupting your trip too much..

Does the front desk really help a lot with this? How?

I want to make this as pain free as possible AND still get to enjoy the park without long transfer times.

I'll have rollaway and probably one backpack for the vacation. It's just me so I won't have a lot of stuff. I did plan to order from garden grocers for a few things for my first 4 days...

The only reason I decided to split stay is because I couldnt get the BC for the full week!!

:confused:

I have never done a split stay before and I'm going solo (to add to any :sick: )

Thanks in advance!
Tammy

Split stays are easy as Disney will transfer your luggage to the second resort. On the morning of check out at the first resort, take your luggage to bell services (or call them and they will come to your room) and tell them which resort you are transferring to. They will take care of everything from there and you can head off to a park and check in at the 2nd resort later. Keep in mind that your luggage won't get to the next resort until 1-3 pm (sometimes later, depending on how busy it is), so make sure to keep anything with you that you might need during the day. Another option is to take a cab over to the 2nd resort with your luggage, check in, and then go about your day; although this way will take a little extra time getting to the new resort, checking in, etc. Also wanted to add that if you really want the BC for your whole stay, keep checking right up until your trip as people do cancel and you never know when the extra night(s) might become available. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter