Just Booked BCV for Presidents Week 2006

cinderella97

DIS Veteran
I'm so excited. I get to add another countdown!! :cool1: :cool1: Haven't left on our HH trip and I already booked 2006. Sounds like they are quite full. We just got our school schedule for next year, boy was I bummed when I saw presidents week. We actually have to take her out of school for 2 1/2 days, they are only out for 2 1/2 days, first time they did this. I talked with the principal, sounds like alot of parents have been calling her with the same question! I'm just so happy to be going! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hi,

Congrats!!!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

We will be there too that week! We are flying in on the Thurs before Pres day, staying with family for a few nights and checking into SSR on Sunday for six nights. This will be our first time "home". I can't wait!!

Hope you have a great time! :cool1:

What is actually considered President's Week? Is it Feb. 18-25, or Feb. 25-Mar. 4? Our kids only have the 17th and 20th off but we were considering going to the "world" Feb. 14-21 and were wondering how crowded it would be.

Presidents Day is Feb. 20th 2006. Schools in our area have that week off; Feb. 20-25th.

We, too, are going Sunday 19th until Friday the 24th. We will be at OKW.

Glad you are going Cinderella97! Have Fun at the BCV.

Calypso If you could go 14-21, you probably would be avoiding many of the crowds for atleast the first 5 days or so, as I think many will arrive on the 18th or 19th and stay for that week. I know we will probably have lots of crowds when we go. I did not plan to stay for the weekends cause of the extra points so this will be only a 5 nighter for us.

Have fun everyone!! :sunny: :cool1:

Thanks for the advice disgirl! I was all set to do just what you suggested but the frequent flyer seats we need are no longer available (darn!). Now we are looking at some dates in January. Have a great time when you all go in February!

The week before Pres week is always much less crowded and IMHO wonderful. We used to go that week. Now that the kids are older we go Pres week so they don't miss as much school. It's still really nice though. We go in August every year, but that trip just seems like a normal trip (everyone goes somewhere over the summer) but the February trip always seems like we're *sneaking off* someone wonderful during the winter.

See you all en Feb!!
Jenny

We're escaping Mardi Gras the following week (2/27-3/3/06). It's become an anual tradition-Ride in a Mardi Gras parade Friday night, leave for WDW Sunday morning. Saturday is my day to recuperate from the parade.
:umbrella: :earsboy: pirate: :umbrella:

We're definitely thinking of going down that week since the kids are off and we have APs buring a hole in our pocket that expire in April. No way we will go over Easter.

Haven't booked the rooms yet since there is plenty of availability in an OKW 1 bedroom at the moment.

Yikes! Has anyone checked out the airfare for President's Day Week? No way I want to drive again! We drove for the last 3 trips.

We ended up finding frequent flyer seats for the first week of April. Our kids are out of school but I'm concerned about the crowds, since that is considered peak season. We have always gone off-season before and I'm afraid we're in for a rude awakening!

Congrats on your ressie for Pres. Week! I'll be there too with sister and 2 nieces, Feb. 17-26, BWV 1BR. :sunny:

facebook twitter