Just back - My thoughts on my Baggalini

hddanis

DIS Veteran
I have to say I wasn't very thrilled with my Baggalini while at the parks. My main gripe was that the strap never stayed put and always pulled all the way out. I'm very short and usually needed it tightened all the way. I was constantly readjusting the strap. It was very annoying. It was not waterproof as it claimed. I got caught in a couple of downpours and the items inside got wet. Disappointing because a couple of our autograph pages got wet. Nothing stayed in the organizer pockets, just fell out. It was also a bit bulkier than I hoped for. It got dirty really easy and didn't clean up well. I also couldn't ever remember which compartement I put something in (probably my own fault there! LOL)

I'm planning another trip for December and I'm on the lookout for a new bag.

I felt the same way, I took it with us, and was glad I brought the backpack and we used that the entire trip. I may try it again for my September trip, but I'm also looking for a mini backpack that will also work.

I am on the shorter side, but also fluffy, never needed to adjust the strap it just stayed where I needed it. Everyone in our party now wants one for our next trip. I stayed super organized and never lost anything. One thing I did do was packed a gallon ziploc and threw wallets, cellphones and anything else that couldn't get wet into the ziploc before water rides.

I can't do a backpack since I end up filling it full and never find anything I am looking for.

Hope you find a bag that works.

My husband used the black one as a bag last trip, and had a lot of problems keeping it on his shoulder with putting it across his body (hot for Aug.!). I have fallen in love with Ameribags. I am a teacher and am always carrying a lot of stuff because I travel from school to school. I wish I had one big enough for school supplies. I have never had a backache carrying Ameribag as a handbag since I switched to it about a year and a half ago. I has lots of interior and exterior pockets to distribute weight and it never slides off your shoulder. I even carried a water bottle in the outer pocket walking around Disney and again, never had a backache from a bag.

I have to say I wasn't very thrilled with my Baggalini while at the parks. My main gripe was that the strap never stayed put and always pulled all the way out. I'm very short and usually needed it tightened all the way. I was constantly readjusting the strap. It was very annoying. It was not waterproof as it claimed. I got caught in a couple of downpours and the items inside got wet. Disappointing because a couple of our autograph pages got wet. Nothing stayed in the organizer pockets, just fell out. It was also a bit bulkier than I hoped for. It got dirty really easy and didn't clean up well. I also couldn't ever remember which compartement I put something in (probably my own fault there! LOL)

I'm planning another trip for December and I'm on the lookout for a new bag.

That's what I'm worried about, the strap. Thanks for the info!

My Baggallini bag's strap also kept pulling out. I always adjusted the side adjustable thingie shorter. It would always work it's way to my side and I'd have pull it on my back again. I also didn't like the fact that I couldn't switch sholders. My right sholder was sore the 1st day I used the bag.

I did like the amount of room I had and it kept everything organized. I had a lot of junk in it, so maybe that's the reason why I had a sore sholder. I even have my name pin from WDW pinned on my Baggallini strap.

I am SO glad you posted. I'm down to the wire (less than two weeks) and was about to order the Baggallini tonight. I've debated over that or my Vera Bradley backpack. I think I'm going with the backpack. I have very little to carry, and have decided to forgo my fanny pack this year in lieu of something a little more "hip" - much to my family's delight. LOL!

Thanks again!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the info...I bought an Overland bag, still haven't used it...I'll have to try it out, I was thinking about getting the baggalini for me (I will give DH the overland bag.) If anyone has a "better bag" suggestion let me know.

I'm all about my Diaper dude messenger bag!!! But if you are going for small and carrying things only for one or two adults, it may be a bit big that purpose. I love my Diaper Dude though! It's awesome!! It works GREAT for a family of four! Carries everything and then some!

I got mine at www.travelingtikes.com . Lowest price on the web! They have reviews for them on ebags though, but the prices on ebags are really high for the diaper dude.

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter