Just Back: Lunch at Turf Club Opening Day

mello

DIS Veteran
I'll get some pics uploaded in a few minutes and post 'em, but wanted to let you all know it opened officially yesterday. It's very nice - quiet and relaxing feeling, unlike many of the resort sit-down restaurants. It's not too big - half of it is patio seating, which will be very nice in the evenings; there are little lights under the awnings, and the view is of the river and the golf course - quite pretty. A storm was brewing while we were there, so we sat inside. It has wood paneling, stained glass transom windows, deep green carpeting, and inlaid wood in the tables, and cushioned wood chairs.

They're on the dining plan, we used our last two table service credits there for lunch before leaving for the airport. It has a nice drink menu. We opted for the blackberry lemonade - nice and refreshing. The first one was included, and after that we switched to iced tea. For appetizers, DH had crab cake bites with three dipping sauces, and I had the Ceasar salad. Different presentation - whole romaine leaves with fresh parmesan and a grilled lemon. The manager came around and said to be sure and squeeze the lemon over the salad, which I did, and it was delicious! I remember calamari being one of the appetizer choices too.

For my entree I had a pesto chicken sandwich on focaccia bread - it was good, I really liked the pesto sauce. It came with thick cut potato chips. DH had a sirloin with a sauce (bordeaux?) and fries. I remember there was a penne pasta dish (with shrimp? There was something with shrimp) that sounded good, and a few other choices I don't remember (should have taken better notes). They said the dinner menu doesn't have the chicken sandwich and there are two additional steak or meat dishes.

For dessert there were three choices: new york cheesecake with seasonal berries, individual apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream, and chocolate lava cake. We both chose the apple pie, and it was very good, with a pretty presentation. Not really like pie so much as like little tarts or apple blossoms.

They came around several times to check how things were, and what we thought about things. There were only a few other people dining, and lots of staff, including the manager hovering around so service was outstanding of course. We really enjoyed the whole experience, it was a nice way to relax before leaving, and we could see that being our departing day tradition.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you've got, if I can remember~ meanwhile I'll go get busy with the pictures.

Melinda...pretty cool to be one of the customers on the opening day of a new WDW restaurant! It sounds like a very nice place, and the menu sounds excellent as well! :thumbsup2

You might want to also put this in a thread on the Restaurants board for the non-DVC crowd. I can see this becoming a popular restaurant...on second thought, maybe you shouldn't post it there! :teeth:

Just think...in a few decades the restaurant will still be there and you can rightfully say that you were there when it opened! Good thing you had your camera. :)

Here's the entrance from the Turf Club lounge
TurfClub1.jpg

A couple inside pics
TurfClub3.jpg

TurfClub2.jpg

DH at our table
TurfClub4.jpg

The patio
TurfClubPatio.jpg

Our server offered to take our pic on the patio
TurfClubPatio2.jpg

Caesar Salad
TurfClubSalad.jpg

Crab Cake Bites (notice the plate!)
TurfClubCrabBites.jpg

Oops, we forgot to take pics of our entrees... just dug right in. Sorry.

Apple Pie
TurfClubApplePie.jpg

Enjoy!

How funny that both of us were there the same day! It is great to read a review with other menu items.

cherylp3 said:
How funny that both of us were there the same day! It is great to read a review with other menu items.

Glad you got to enjoy the patio, and it sounds like the blackberry lemonade was a winner with you as well!

Cool ! THanks for the photos!

So, the area out where the pool tabe and TV are -- is that area stilll a "bar"? Can you relax and order drinks out there at the window like we used to do? Or do you now need to go sit down in the restaurant to be served? Just curious.

happyrebster said:

So, the area out where the pool tabe and TV are -- is that area stilll a "bar"? Can you relax and order drinks out there at the window like we used to do? Or do you now need to go sit down in the restaurant to be served? Just curious.
The 'lounge' area is basically unchanged. The big difference is that it now has an entrace to the 'grill' restaurant area.

The bar is still there in the lounge area.

Yay! I have wasted many a lazy evening in that bar -- and met some great fellow DVCers there . . . so glad that it is still an option for drinks late at night! Will be great to have the full restaurant as well, though. Now we have a ton of options! Artist's P, grocery store, lobby bar, sit-down restaurant, pool bar . . . or stumble down the back steps to the boat and we're off to Downtown Disney!! I'm likin' it!! Wahoo!!! :cool1: :cool1:

We're heading to SSR tomorrow (at YC now). Can't wait, that food looks mighty yummy! Thanks for the pixs.

I'm really hungry now after seeing that food! The view from the patio looks beautiful, can't wait to try it out on my next trip! :thumbsup2

happyrebster said:

It's still a loungey place, and the bar is still there and open for drinks. :thumbsup2

Great pics!! Sitting outdoors on the pation looks really really nice.

Can't wait to try it!

Thanks for the new pix. :thumbsup2
We also ate lunch out on the patio a couple weeks ago, before departing for the airport. It was nice and relaxing.
We'll have to try inside this month! (12 more days!) :cool1:

Thanks so much for the great pictures!! I was soooo happy when I heard that they were putting in a sit down restaraunt. I can't wait to try it!

Hi Thanks for the information

Im so glad you said they take DDP. I am going to call disney tomorrow and change the ADR we have for PH to the Turf Club.

I really didn't fancy going to DTD after our 14 hour journey

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:.

Yipee, just called and made my Adr from 5:30 the day we arrive .

They also confirmed that they took the DDP :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter