• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from the Fantasy - any questions?

We did! We didn't go on an excursion but took Speedy's ferry over on our own. It was easy to get there and the facilities all seemed to be up and running. We did not leave time to eat at the restaurant.

The Fantasy was the only ship in port but the Baths still seemed pretty crowded. We ended up skipping the trail through the boulders because there was a huge tour group ahead of us and it was creating a big traffic jam. We took the access trails to Devil's Bay and the Baths beach. The Baths side had a few restrooms and a small snack bar open. I think someone was selling trinkets and t-shirts, as well.
Thanks! One question my mother is elderly and can walk on her own she just has issues with unstable ground like if it’s even or bumpy rocks you have to jump over. So are those trails that you took pretty flat payment? could you push a stroller through that would be OK for her then. and about how long and how far was the walk. Did you get ferry infos online. I am bit nervous taking a non DCL port trip. Missing the boat etc.

I do not believe an elderly person who has trouble with uneven ground could navigate even the most tame parts of the Baths

Interesting.. I need to do more research. thanks!

unless there is a path that I am not aware of. I took the devils bay path down to the baths and took the stairs up to the restaurant. Perhaps there's another easier path...

May I ask if Sweet on You was typically crowded? If so, did you notice any less crowded times/days? We want to try it with an elderly family member who is not in great health, so we want to try to avoid crowds.
Many thanks!

Can I ask if your room had engine vibrations, and which one it was? I have seen numerous posts about bad engine vibrations toward aft on the Fantasy, but am still struggling to figure out how far aft the vibrations start.
We were in 10160, which is a 5E extended aft verandah. We did have a day that the whole ship seemed to be vibrating a bit but I don't think I noticed it more in our room than elsewhere. The room vibrates quite a bit when they are using the thrusters to dock. Again, this is probably true on the entire ship and is a relatively short amount of time. This was our second trip in a 5E and we have another booked for next year so it clearly wasn't enough to deter us from the awesome view.

How long were you there? We are hoping to go to the Baths in March using Speedy's. My daughter will be 4yr old so the DCL excursion isn't an option. Not sure if we should try to the make 7:45am ferry or the 9am. Is the 12:40pm ferry back doable?
We caught the 9am ferry to VG and returned to Tortola on the 12:40. We had lunch in Road Town. It was enough time but we didn't do the whole trail as it was one big traffic jam that day. We did the trail to Devil's Bay and the trail to Baths. We also spent a bit of time in the shop during a passing shower.

Thanks! One question my mother is elderly and can walk on her own she just has issues with unstable ground like if it’s even or bumpy rocks you have to jump over. So are those trails that you took pretty flat payment? could you push a stroller through that would be OK for her then. and about how long and how far was the walk. Did you get ferry infos online. I am bit nervous taking a non DCL port trip. Missing the boat etc.
I agree with hubbard - the ground is pretty uneven and the trail is more of an easy hike (for a fully mobile person) than a stroll. It sounds like your mom would have difficulty. The path is not paved. It was sandy and rocky, big steps over or on to boulders, that kind of thing. Definitely not a stroller friendly path.

Going it alone was very easy. You might investigate Spring Bay Beach. We didn't get there but I read it is right up the coast from Baths, has boulders as well but no facilities. You could take a taxi there so your mom could get similar scenery without the strenuous walk.

May I ask if Sweet on You was typically crowded? If so, did you notice any less crowded times/days? We want to try it with an elderly family member who is not in great health, so we want to try to avoid crowds.
Many thanks!
I don't think I ever saw a line in Sweet on You. We walked by there a lot because our room was on deck 10 aft. We didn't even try it because we were always so full from the regular meals! I don't think you'll have trouble finding a good time to pop in.

Which shows did they have? I saw your note they stopped the repeating, which is good.

Many thanks!

We went there three times, and it was always mostly empty. Get the gelato. It's 50 cents more expensive than the ice cream but definitely better quality.

Which shows did they have? I saw your note they stopped the repeating, which is good.
We had Aladdin, Wishes, Believe, a puppet guy, a comedy/stunt guy, a magic guy and one night was The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream.

I agree with hubbard - the ground is pretty uneven and the trail is more of an easy hike (for a fully mobile person) than a stroll. It sounds like your mom would have difficulty. The path is not paved. It was sandy and rocky, big steps over or on to boulders, that kind of thing. Definitely not a stroller friendly path.

Going it alone was very easy. You might investigate Spring Bay Beach. We didn't get there but I read it is right up the coast from Baths, has boulders as well but no facilities. You could take a taxi there so your mom could get similar scenery without the strenuous walk.

I don't think I ever saw a line in Sweet on You. We walked by there a lot because our room was on deck 10 aft. We didn't even try it because we were always so full from the regular meals! I don't think you'll have trouble finding a good time to pop in.
Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter