Just back from the Fantasy - any questions?

LizGirl

Obsessed with WDW
Hello everyone! We were kicked off the Fantasy on Saturday after an amazing week. The beginning of the trip was a little rough, weather wise, but that cleared up and didn't impact our fun at all. Only 361 days until I get to see her again :(

Did they repeat entertainment on two different nights? I am hoping they stop this trend.

How did you like Eastern?

We board the Fantasy on the 27th for the last HOTHS of the season - how were the Halloween events? Was trick or treating onboard a complete nightmare (super crowded??) How about the other events? How was the weather at CC and more importantly, how warm was the water at CC? :) Thank you!

It has been SOOOooooo hot in Florida and I believe as well in the Caribbean, I cannot imagine the water not being bathwater warm for you. :cutie:

While it's our 5th cruise, it's only our second time at CC - last time was January 2017 and the water was FREEZING. So I'm happy to hear this ;-) Though pretty sure I might burst into flames for the two days we are in Orlando leading up to the cruise :rotfl2:

Though pretty sure I might burst into flames for the two days we are in Orlando leading up to the cruise :rotfl2:

It really has been exceptionally brutal this year here in central FL. I won't even tell you how awful my electric bills have been but leave it to say it's a TON. :crazy2: And it's those WARM, warm waters in the Atlantic, Gulf and Caribbean that helps fuel those dreaded storms. It's one reason we have had an active hurricane season. Good news is we are just several weeks from ending it! YAY! :sunny:

Did they repeat entertainment on two different nights? I am hoping they stop this trend. How did you like Eastern?
As Lita said, they did not repeat entertainment on two nights. It seemed like many of the entertainment changes we've seen reported over the past few months had been changed back to "normal", as in the way it was a year ago. The Eastern was great!! We had some rocky seas heading out. I don't know if this is due to being out in the open Atlantic and is normal for this itinerary or if it was just unlucky weather since I've never done this itinerary before. I hope to book it again.
We board the Fantasy on the 27th for the last HOTHS of the season - how were the Halloween events? Was trick or treating onboard a complete nightmare (super crowded??) How about the other events? How was the weather at CC and more importantly, how warm was the water at CC? :) Thank you!
The Halloween events were fun but definitely were crowded, especially during the day. Our trick or treat was around 1pm and some of the lines to collect candy were nuts. It calmed down a little towards the end of the trick or treat window. The evening party didn't seem too crazy busy.

CC was beautiful. We got lucky since our forecast was 65% chance of rain. The water was warm and lovely.
What time were the pirate fireworks? Were they back to the normal later time?
Pirate fireworks were around 10:15. They had an earlier Mickey pirate show for the little kids but that one didn't have fireworks.

was on the same sailing - I don't remember it being rough seas - maybe I'm not sensitive to it. We skipped the trick or treat - from my observation, it seemed there were more adults in costume than kids :)

Castaway was beautiful - sunny skies and warm, cloudy water - much better than the forecast!

Overall, it was a good cruise - seemed everyone enjoyed the ice cream - I bet they go through more ice cream than they do shrimp . . .

Did you happen to go to the Baths in Tortola? If so how was it?
We did! We didn't go on an excursion but took Speedy's ferry over on our own. It was easy to get there and the facilities all seemed to be up and running. We did not leave time to eat at the restaurant.

The Fantasy was the only ship in port but the Baths still seemed pretty crowded. We ended up skipping the trail through the boulders because there was a huge tour group ahead of us and it was creating a big traffic jam. We took the access trails to Devil's Bay and the Baths beach. The Baths side had a few restrooms and a small snack bar open. I think someone was selling trinkets and t-shirts, as well.

Thanks @LizGirl . We're still deciding how we want to experience this, whether on our own or through DCL.

we were one the same cruise and did it ourselves using Speedy's - it's SUPER easy - it saved us about $200 (3 of us) by doing it ourselves. We got caught up in the traffic jam (excursion from our boat) but made it though. Traffic jam was caused by a single family going the wrong way (they were finally told to STOP and go the right way).

We made it to the restaurant before the excursion, had a drink, and were on our way back to the ferry pier before the excursion participants got seated at the restaurant.

Do it yourself and get back to a relatively empty boat!

we were one the same cruise and did it ourselves using Speedy's - it's SUPER easy - it saved us about $200 (3 of us) by doing it ourselves. We got caught up in the traffic jam (excursion from our boat) but made it though. Traffic jam was caused by a single family going the wrong way (they were finally told to STOP and go the right way).

We made it to the restaurant before the excursion, had a drink, and were on our way back to the ferry pier before the excursion participants got seated at the restaurant.

Do it yourself and get back to a relatively empty boat!

So did you have to reserve this ahead of time? We are looking for ways to experience Tortola and this sounds like a fun excursion! Was it easy to locate when you got to port? And do you travel there by boat? Thanks!

So did you have to reserve this ahead of time? We are looking for ways to experience Tortola and this sounds like a fun excursion! Was it easy to locate when you got to port? And do you travel there by boat? Thanks!

yes, it was easy. It's a two block walk from the shops at the pier to the ferry. Just turn left at the shops and follow the sidewalk -you'll run right into it. Buy tickets at the ferry ticket booth - $38/pp gives you round-trip ferry to Virgin Gorda and round-trip open-air taxi to the Baths.

The Ferry ride is nice - about 30 minutes, i think - which is an experience in itself. Once you get to Virgin Gorda, it's a 15-20 minute open-air taxi ride to the Baths which is $2/pp admission.

Hello everyone! We were kicked off the Fantasy on Saturday after an amazing week. The beginning of the trip was a little rough, weather wise, but that cleared up and didn't impact our fun at all. Only 361 days until I get to see her again :(

Can I ask if your room had engine vibrations, and which one it was? I have seen numerous posts about bad engine vibrations toward aft on the Fantasy, but am still struggling to figure out how far aft the vibrations start.

Can I ask if your room had engine vibrations, and which one it was? I have seen numerous posts about bad engine vibrations toward aft on the Fantasy, but am still struggling to figure out how far aft the vibrations start.

We stayed in 9174 at the very back of the ship. I read a lot about the horrible vibrations and questioned our booking many times! We loved our room - larger balcony and the view (especially arriving and departing ports). We only felt some vibrations when we close to the ports. We slept great every night!

We stayed in 9174 at the very back of the ship. I read a lot about the horrible vibrations and questioned our booking many times! We loved our room - larger balcony and the view (especially arriving and departing ports). We only felt some vibrations when we close to the ports. We slept great every night!

Thanks!

We did! We didn't go on an excursion but took Speedy's ferry over on our own. It was easy to get there and the facilities all seemed to be up and running. We did not leave time to eat at the restaurant.

The Fantasy was the only ship in port but the Baths still seemed pretty crowded. We ended up skipping the trail through the boulders because there was a huge tour group ahead of us and it was creating a big traffic jam. We took the access trails to Devil's Bay and the Baths beach. The Baths side had a few restrooms and a small snack bar open. I think someone was selling trinkets and t-shirts, as well.

How long were you there? We are hoping to go to the Baths in March using Speedy's. My daughter will be 4yr old so the DCL excursion isn't an option. Not sure if we should try to the make 7:45am ferry or the 9am. Is the 12:40pm ferry back doable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!