Just Back (Dec 3-11). Refreshing for 7 & HS FP Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if planning mid February does anyone know when they may adjust the opening times for the parks... I heard this is a good way to snag fast passes later in the game

Actually, better go check right now - looks like today is the day. It appears Feb hours are being updated right now. I see new hours on the app, not the website yet... but that should follow shortly. Happy planning!

Actually, better go check right now - looks like today is the day. It appears Feb hours are being updated right now. I see new hours on the app, not the website yet... but that should follow shortly. Happy planning!
I see lots of evening Navi for my dates (Feb 1-4), but no FoP - did I already miss my chance?

I see lots of evening Navi for my dates (Feb 1-4), but no FoP - did I already miss my chance?

Yeah, I suspect those are leftover Navi FPs not secured yet. I only saw one date at AK - Saturday 2/16 - that had new hours. Seems like most/all of the changes were at MK.

Thanks for the tips OP. I'll be refreshing for 6 and a couple days 8 for our upcoming trip. I refreshed the last trip but hoping to maximize it this trip.
I have a question for anyone. When refreshing at tier fp parks. Can I have my first fp of the day be a tier 1 fp, use it , then refresh to change one of my other fp to another tier 1 fp? For example at Epcot. Use Frozen as our first fp, then refresh to get Test Track as a switch out with my second fp of Spaceship Earth.

Thanks for the tips OP. I'll be refreshing for 6 and a couple days 8 for our upcoming trip. I refreshed the last trip but hoping to maximize it this trip.
I have a question for anyone. When refreshing at tier fp parks. Can I have my first fp of the day be a tier 1 fp, use it , then refresh to change one of my other fp to another tier 1 fp? For example at Epcot. Use Frozen as our first fp, then refresh to get Test Track as a switch out with my second fp of Spaceship Earth.

No, you have to use the 2 Tier 2 FPs or let them expire before you can get another Tier 1 at the same park. You can move them up though - try to adjust their times sooner as soon as tap the Tier 1.

OK, so we are going in July. I am trying to wrap my head around all this so bear with me. If I book my tier 1 FP for 9am and then my other ones for 10-11 and 11-12 as soon as I enter my 1st FP I should try and move the times of my other FPs up? I had no clue you could get more than 4 FP a day. I thought you could only get 4!! So once I have used my 3 FP I could score another tier 1 FP if I find dropped time??

OK, so we are going in July. I am trying to wrap my head around all this so bear with me. If I book my tier 1 FP for 9am and then my other ones for 10-11 and 11-12 as soon as I enter my 1st FP I should try and move the times of my other FPs up? I had no clue you could get more than 4 FP a day. I thought you could only get 4!! So once I have used my 3 FP I could score another tier 1 FP if I find dropped time??

Exactly. Get those first 3 used up and then keep adding more FP's throughout the day. Once you've used those first 3 you can keep booking tier 1's over and over with some refreshing.

There is a lot of really good FP info contained in the FP FAQ (addendum) sticky at the top of this TPAS page. That is always a really good place to get acquainted with how to manage your FP's and to get the latest scoop on changes in the system.

Last edited:
@JETSDAD Thank you so much!!! I owe you a debt of gratitude!!!! Your help made us have an amazing day at HS today!! We haven’t been since toy story land opened, so wasn’t exactly sure how to work the rides and tiers yet.

We rope dropped SDD, and rode again with RS. Then AS2 standby. At 9.31 was easily able to change our 10.30 AS2 into a TSM (or SDD if we had wanted again). We had our tier 2’s scheduled for 12.30 and 1.30. Then picked up the 2.31 drop as well!!

Our plan worked to perfection, couldn’t have been happier!! Longest we waited was to get into the park in the morning.... otherwise wait was no longer than 15 mins due to our excellent touring plans!! Thanks again!!

The unofficial record is 21 FPs in one day. The most we’ve ever done is 13, but we rarely arrive in the parks much before noon.

DH and I did 15 in one day in November 2017. We are going again this September and I told DH we're going for the record. He rolled his eyes. LOL.

@JETSDAD Thank you so much!!! I owe you a debt of gratitude!!!! Your help made us have an amazing day at HS today!! We haven’t been since toy story land opened, so wasn’t exactly sure how to work the rides and tiers yet.

We rope dropped SDD, and rode again with RS. Then AS2 standby. At 9.31 was easily able to change our 10.30 AS2 into a TSM (or SDD if we had wanted again). We had our tier 2’s scheduled for 12.30 and 1.30. Then picked up the 2.31 drop as well!!

Our plan worked to perfection, couldn’t have been happier!! Longest we waited was to get into the park in the morning.... otherwise wait was no longer than 15 mins due to our excellent touring plans!! Thanks again!!

Awesome!! Glad it worked well and that you had a great day!!

The unofficial record is 21 FPs in one day. The most we’ve ever done is 13, but we rarely arrive in the parks much before noon.
This post makes me want to take a solo trip and see how many I could rack up. We are limited by the small legs of DD7 and DD9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts