Just Back (Dec 3-11). Refreshing for 7 & HS FP Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the 9:31a DHS still happening?

Yes....however, a couple of times I have noticed that only TSM and AS2 have had drops and this has been on the same days as there have been reports of SDD having been down in the morning or bad weather. Today there were no SDD so I'm wondering if that is the case today as well.

Yes....however, a couple of times I have noticed that only TSM and AS2 have had drops and this has been on the same days as there have been reports of SDD having been down in the morning or bad weather. Today there were no SDD so I'm wondering if that is the case today as well.

That’s exactly what I’m seeing this morning too. Lots of options for TSM and AS2 but no SDD. It wouldn’t seem SDD is down this morning- wait time shows at 2 hrs. Still, you’ve definitely found a pattern here, makes me rethink my strategy completely!

My best guess on the drops is that they hold them back until they know everything is operating smoothly and decide if the ride can absorb addition FPs. If it's raining and they gave out a bunch of Anytimes, I would not be surprised if they didn't do a planned drop. I think it's a smart strategy on their part.

Since I have an AP, I’ve been looking to see what happens with a TSL for the daily drops for the last few days and haven’t seen availability pop up during those times posted. Am I doing something wrong?
I've tried it several times and it has worked EVERY single time. FOP has worked also.

Would it be possible if you can resume what hours we must be aware in order to obtain these FP drops?

Sorry for the inconvenience but I consider a very smart strategy

Would it be possible if you can resume what hours we must be aware in order to obtain these FP drops?

Sorry for the inconvenience but I consider a very smart strategy

9:31 for Toy Story Land FP's. Times for those FP's will start between 11-12.
Also 2:31 for times starting between 4-5.

I've tried it several times and it has worked EVERY single time. FOP has worked also.
I don’t doubt it works, just haven’t gotten lucky with SDD yet. I’ve got time to get this down and am super appreciative of the tips.

Thank you!!

Can we find the same type of FP drops for MK, AK or Epcot?

There are other drops kicking around I'm sure. I haven't seen any or heard of any for MK. Epcot I don't watch closely because I don't find FP's there to be too difficult to get by just refreshing so I don't worry about drops. AK I would recommend watching a bit to see any of drop times. There is a 3:01 AK drop that has been referenced a few times in this thread, though possibly not as reliable as the HS drops.

There are other drops kicking around I'm sure. I haven't seen any or heard of any for MK. Epcot I don't watch closely because I don't find FP's there to be too difficult to get by just refreshing so I don't worry about drops. AK I would recommend watching a bit to see any of drop times. There is a 3:01 AK drop that has been referenced a few times in this thread, though possibly not as reliable as the HS drops.

Thanks a lot!!

This is really helpful for all of us who aren’t AP and for this reason we can’t track the daily FP availability

I don’t doubt it works, just haven’t gotten lucky with SDD yet. I’ve got time to get this down and am super appreciative of the tips.
I wasn't sure if you were wondering if it was still working or not so I was sharing my experience. I've seen SDD every time. But I have checked 2:31 more often than 9:31. But 9:31 did work when I tried it.

Still, you’ve definitely found a pattern here, makes me rethink my strategy completely!

I would be very careful about changing strategy and relying on these drops... this can be nice pixie dust, but don't plan on them being around. One example, there were drops of FOP in 2017 that was active over a span of months (the 10:37am drops). Once the drops were publicly discussed by podcasts, they disappeared for a few months and came back at different times. While I have tracked the drops for some time, they have *never* been active while I have been in the parks, sadly (and I go several times a year). It's still fun to track them, but they cannot be replied upon.

Last edited:
I would be very careful about changing strategy and relying on these drops... this can be nice pixie dust, but don't plan on them being around. One example, there were drops of FOP in 2017 that was active over a span of months (the 10:37am drops). Once the drops were publicly discussed by podcasts, they disappeared for a few months and came back at different times. While I have tracked the drops for some time, they have *never* been active while I have been in the parks, sadly (and I go several times a year). It's still fun to track them, but they cannot be replied upon.

Agreed 100% about relying on them. Awesome if they work, keep refreshing if they don't.

Understood. What I meant is that for a very long time, I’ve always scheduled our original 3 fp for our afternoon park, riding standby in the mornings when crowds were lower. I didn’t subscribe to getting them early in order to get 4th and more as we never saw much availability on 4 and more. I’ve been tracking it for the last week or so and am convinced refreshing is pretty reliable- or at least reliable enough that I’d start booking our 3 early. I will always book FP, SDD and SDMT in our first 3. The drops would just be bonus rides.

Understood. What I meant is that for a very long time, I’ve always scheduled our original 3 fp for our afternoon park, riding standby in the mornings when crowds were lower. I didn’t subscribe to getting them early in order to get 4th and more as we never saw much availability on 4 and more. I’ve been tracking it for the last week or so and am convinced refreshing is pretty reliable- or at least reliable enough that I’d start booking our 3 early. I will always book FP, SDD and SDMT in our first 3. The drops would just be bonus rides.

Yes, I absolutely always suggest people book FPs as early as possible for their plans (so they can then refresh).

I was worried people might think the drops are safe enough to "count on" and forgo a less ideally timed FOP FP (for example).

But as a second ride, or if your alternative is standby, absolutely these drops can be amazing (so I've heard, haha).

Ok, JETSDAD, pulling on a thread that's popped up in the last few days, is your phone (I think you've said Android) a latest and greatest model? Something equivalent to an iPhone X? DH and I buy a model or two back of phone and keep them forever. So I've had an iPhone SE the last couple trips. I don't think that's the difference because I can refresh so fast that I have to force myself to slow down so that I don't keep tapping when the FP I want shows up (oh the pain :flower:). I also used browsers and very rarely had issues with crashing. But maybe phone vintage is playing a role in how easy it is to get same day FPs somehow.

Ok, JETSDAD, pulling on a thread that's popped up in the last few days, is your phone (I think you've said Android) a latest and greatest model? Something equivalent to an iPhone X? DH and I buy a model or two back of phone and keep them forever. So I've had an iPhone SE the last couple trips. I don't think that's the difference because I can refresh so fast that I have to force myself to slow down so that I don't keep tapping when the FP I want shows up (oh the pain :flower:). I also used browsers and very rarely had issues with crashing. But maybe phone vintage is playing a role in how easy it is to get same day FPs somehow.

I have a Samsung Note 8. Not the latest and a greatest (I'd love a Note 9 lol) but definitely a good phone.

Watched again this morning- lots of Saucer and TSM, no SDD. I did get availability for 2 once, but that was from refreshing.

Right now we have 3 FP set up for the afternoon in Epcot, we're going to start the morning off in DHS. If we should happen to get lucky and see a SDD available while in DHS do we lose all 3 booked in Epcot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter