Just a little nervous (ECV renting)

Well, I have decided to rent an ECV for the duration of my trip. I asked my nephew (who’s going with my son and I) if he would be embarrassed by me having a scooter. He’s 25yo, I raise him for 15 years, so he’s close to me. His answer? “Of course not silly.” My son will whine about my scooter, but only because he can’t drive it. Lol. So now I’m getting excited for the trip again. We will be there is 17 days!!

My last two trips, my wife and I have each rented ECVs in the parks after getting past our private embarrassment of “everybody will think it’s just because we are fat”. The carts made such a huge difference in our trips, how much we could see and do, how much we enjoyed it, how much less we were hurting at the end of the day. Two years ago, it also allowed us to keep up with our new (to us) 8yo son. Again, we could d9 so much more.

In 22 days, I am taking my (now) 10yo son, and my 25yo nephew. I’m considering renting a cart for the whole trip. One, the the cost is actually in our favor by renting from BV. Second, I would know I’d always have a cart. But, part of me is still feeling embarrassed about having the cart for use at the resort. The magical, all-powerful “They” will judge me negatively. And what if it breaks down? Is BV good about repairing? We are doing 4 of the After Hours events....and having a cart will allow us to see so much more.

Please, somebody pat my head and rub my tummy....and tell me it will be okay, whicheve
I went through this and so did our teenage daughter. She is in a wheelchair from a spainal cord accident. I have RA and Lupus if I didn’t have the scooter I would miss out on precious time with my family. We actually made a shirt for our daughter that said cheerleading accident 2011. Any other questions will cost you a $1. Starring will cost you $5. Don’t worry about other people.

It's interesting because I don't ever remember having an interaction with someone in a scooter - like being hit by it or it in the way or really anything - but I do remember always having to be careful of strollers. I think the typically lower profile of a stroller makes it easier to not notice it when it's coming up beside you, etc. (I'm not bashing strollers or stroller pushers - goodness knows I pushed my share with my own kids lol!).

When someone has commented like "hitching a ride" I always tell them to hop on! Or get some of those wheelie shoes and I'll pull them and we can start a parade. After that people are like "uh ok crazy lady" ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter