June W. I. S. H. - Summer o' Fun

Oneanne

DIS Veteran
Fun is a big part of healthy living, whether it is discussing fun topics,
eating (and planning) fun meals,
fun exercise (out of doors in the sunshine),
fun get-togethers with family and friends (finally!).

So let's have at it!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers! So hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts, and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

Motivation Monday,
Topic Tuesday,
WOOHOO Wednesday,
Thankful Thursday,
Free For All Friday,
Social Saturday &
Self-Care Sunday.

HOSTs

5/31 - 6/6 --- Oneanne
6/7 - 6/13 --- PollyannaMom
6/14 - 6/20 --- SJEC

6/21 - 6/27 --- Summer

Last edited:
Hi all! Hopping back on the wish bandwagon after a few nutty months!

Fun/healthy stuff for the week? I just replanted my zucchini and cucumber seedlings and a couple lettuce plants are almost ready for harvest so that's pretty motivating...hard to avoid veggies when they are literally in your yard! Hoping to get my little garden fence up this week.

Intro:
Summer, 56, in Connecticut, one hour outside NYC
Living with...DH, 62, DD, 23
Working as...a Kindergarten Teacher in an inner city public school
Favorite place...seashore
Hobbies...Art, singing, reading

June Goals:
Stay motivated; walk daily; high protein, low carb; keep my eye on the prize; HAVE FUN!

I’m Cristin, 44, kindergarten teacher in PA. I live with my husband, boy/girl twin 16 year olds, and our dog. My goal is to lose 5 pounds this month. Last month was going good and I lost 4 pounds. So I want to keep it going by meal planning and prep, drinking mostly water, and working out daily. But I also have a Disney trip and end of the school year to get through. Definitely treating myself to some good eats and drinks in Disney. And will do my best to avoid the stress eating during end of the year. I’m addition to the usual end of year packing up, I also have to move to a different classroom AGAIN! Hopefully this is my last move for a while!

I’m Cristin, 44, kindergarten teacher in PA. I live with my husband, boy/girl twin 16 year olds, and our dog. My goal is to lose 5 pounds this month. Last month was going good and I lost 4 pounds. So I want to keep it going by meal planning and prep, drinking mostly water, and working out daily. But I also have a Disney trip and end of the school year to get through. Definitely treating myself to some good eats and drinks in Disney. And will do my best to avoid the stress eating during end of the year. I’m addition to the usual end of year packing up, I also have to move to a different classroom AGAIN! Hopefully this is my last move for a while!
So happy for you that your Disney trip is almost here! Hope you both have a ton of fun!

Hello there. Lizanne here, living in beautiful Seattle Washington surrounded by water and mountains.

Goals for June... to have me some fun! Loose some weight! Two business trips coming up this month, so the main focus will be getting back out into the world and seeing co-workers face-to-face for the first time in almost a year and a half, so big transition. It is also my birthday month, woop woop.

My word this week is "more". More movement, more good foods, more fun. I'm glad to have had three days off, three days to sleep until my body was ready to get up. This morning that was at 6:30am, so that tells me I am well rested. In a bit I'm headed down to the beach for a walk before it fills up with people. Then it's clearing some stuff off the porch/deck as they start to work on it tomorrow. I'm 3 for 3 in building my new ritual of cleaning out the sink every night. Today I'll work on organizing and purging so I have somewhere else to put some of the things that are always on the counter. It is going to be the third day of more sunshine, so woohoo!

I’m Sandy, retired and living with my husband in south central PA. We also have a small home in Ocean City, Md. and spend a lot of time there with our family-daughter, son in law and 10 year old grandson. I lost 70lbs almost 20 years ago with WW but have gained a pesky 8-10 pounds over the last year. I lose and gain the same 5lbs so many times! Time to focus.

Health goals-track meals and walk 5x a week. I have been working with light weights and will look for some new routines for those.

Today is another cold rainy day. The sun and warmer weather is coming back this week, and next weekend is supposed to be beautiful.

We had hummel hot dogs yesterday for the first time since last summer. They were delicious, but knowing that they aren’t exactly healthy, I had a healthy smoothie for lunch with blueberries, spinach, carrots, pineapple, and whey protein.

Today is another cold rainy day. The sun and warmer weather is coming back this week, and next weekend is supposed to be beautiful.

We had hummel hot dogs yesterday for the first time since last summer. They were delicious, but knowing that they aren’t exactly healthy, I had a healthy smoothie for lunch with blueberries, spinach, carrots, pineapple, and whey protein.
I would rather have a hot dog that is made and sold in this area (Sechrist Hot Dogs) cooked on the grill than a steak! We have them 4th of July and a few other times over the summer. Definitely worth planning for.

Many years ago when I was a Corp travel coordinator (same company) we were on a business trip in Washington DC doing an evening limo ride tour around town and the driver stopped so we could see the wall. We were laughing and giggling until we came around to where you can see it and we were all struck silent and I remember tearing up. A very powerful remembersnce.

I would rather have a hot dog that is made and sold in this area (Sechrist Hot Dogs) cooked on the grill than a steak! We have them 4th of July and a few other times over the summer. Definitely worth planning for.
Been trying to think of what I want to do for my birthday and going to a Mariners baseball game and getting a hot dog was on the list. But they are out of town, so a sunrise balloon ride is now the top choice.

TOPIC TUESDAY

La Dolce Vita

Ah, the good life.
Or the sweet life, as I see that La Dolce Vita is translated both ways.

What does the sweet life look like to you? How can you use that vision/inspiration in your journey to healthy living? What good life activities do you have planned for this summer?

I’m all about family. So I want to live a healthy life so I can stay active for my family. This summer, we are finally going to the all inclusive resort in Riviera Maya that we were supposed to go to last year. My husband and I are also going to Vegas (neither of us have been there before). And we’re already planning to go to Yosemite the following summer with my parents and sister’s family.

Hi All! I am Stephanie and I leave in Northeast Ohio. I have been married for 16 years and have 2 kids. DD is 13 and DS is 15. I head back to the office this month for 3 days per week. This will be a huge adjustment and I will have to come up with a new workout schedule. Also DS will start to have soccer games a few night per week. Things are getting crazy around here after being home and doing nothing for a year.

This weekend had some highs and lows. Friday the weather was awful. Tons of rain and wind and the temps were in the 40's. Thankfully we had some trees taken out over the winter. A few huge trees came down by us from the wind. Saturday I got to hang out with my mom and see her new horse. DD will get to ride this one with her and go to shows. They both are so excited to do this together. Sunday started off good. I worked the beer tent at our Rib - cook off. It is a fundraiser for the high school soccer team. I didn't really want to do it but it ended up being really fun. Then DH's grandmother came over and we took her up to the rib cook off for dinner. I thought she would complain the whole time but she didn't. It was really nice being able to do this with her. Then at about 9pm DD's cough got really bad and she could stop or catch her breath. We ended up in the ER. They think it was asthma and but her on a steroid. Monday it happened again so we ended up back in the ER. This time they gave her a breathing treatment. Such a big change after that. It is defiantly asthma. We knew she had asthma but it has always been very mild. Nothing like this. Now I need to get her into the peds doc. and an allergist. I hope we don't have anymore of the episodes. It was so scary. Last night she even had panic attack in the middle of it and it made everything worse.

Hi All! I am Stephanie and I leave in Northeast Ohio. I have been married for 16 years and have 2 kids. DD is 13 and DS is 15. I head back to the office this month for 3 days per week. This will be a huge adjustment and I will have to come up with a new workout schedule. Also DS will start to have soccer games a few night per week. Things are getting crazy around here after being home and doing nothing for a year.

This weekend had some highs and lows. Friday the weather was awful. Tons of rain and wind and the temps were in the 40's. Thankfully we had some trees taken out over the winter. A few huge trees came down by us from the wind. Saturday I got to hang out with my mom and see her new horse. DD will get to ride this one with her and go to shows. They both are so excited to do this together. Sunday started off good. I worked the beer tent at our Rib - cook off. It is a fundraiser for the high school soccer team. I didn't really want to do it but it ended up being really fun. Then DH's grandmother came over and we took her up to the rib cook off for dinner. I thought she would complain the whole time but she didn't. It was really nice being able to do this with her. Then at about 9pm DD's cough got really bad and she could stop or catch her breath. We ended up in the ER. They think it was asthma and but her on a steroid. Monday it happened again so we ended up back in the ER. This time they gave her a breathing treatment. Such a big change after that. It is defiantly asthma. We knew she had asthma but it has always been very mild. Nothing like this. Now I need to get her into the peds doc. and an allergist. I hope we don't have anymore of the episodes. It was so scary. Last night she even had panic attack in the middle of it and it made everything worse.
Asthma attacks are very scary. Hopefully her doctor will prescribe medication that will keep it under control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter