June/July/August 2006 Code watch

We'd really like to see some July codes. We missed out on the codes last time we went to WDW so maybe it's our turn this time.

Hope to be able to say we're heading to POLY LVC! :cool1:

tinkerbell87512 said:
hahaha nice!!! do you have any idea where you want to stay yet?

I already booked POR. Never stayed onsite before, so I'm very excited! The CM I spoke to checked for a FL resident code for me before I even asked. But none yet. He said to just call back from time to time to check and they would apply it when one came out. :teeth:

But now we've decided to get passes too, so we have a double shot of getting a discount!

Okay, ramble over! Have fun, Tinkerbell! Maybe we'll run into each other!

Can someone explain the codes and discounts. This is our first time going to WDW and like everyone we are trying to save a buck or two. Thanks for any help in advance.

swoodard said:
Can someone explain the codes and discounts. This is our first time going to WDW and like everyone we are trying to save a buck or two. Thanks for any help in advance.

Okay I'll try my best (but they are a bit confusing). Every season (it seems) with a few exceptions, Disney will release a "code" or a discount that you need to find yourself, they're not shouting from the rooftops on these. When they're released, whether they are AP (annual pass, they give those with AP's very good discounts) Florida Resident Discounts or general discounts, you will find them posted here or on mousesavers.com. If you have an existing reservation you can call and apply this code to it. Sometimes, you will get an email or a postcard that is specific to you only that you can use. I haven't received one in a while, but others have.

So keep your eye out here and if you see a discount for the time you are going, then write it down, call Disney and see if you can snag one! They only have a certain amount of rooms designated to these discounts so you need to be quick and flexible.

Hope this helps!

39CINDERELLA said:
does anyone know what the AP rate was for June last year for all resort's? princess:

I'm not sure if anyone answered you yet or not, but I know when it was released for 2005. According to the historical info on Mousesavers.com, AP discounts were released on March 9th for check-ins from 4/17--7/4/05. I don't know what the rates were, but hope this helps!

Does anyone know if the current AP discounts are a percentage off or just a set dollar amount? I haven't paid a lot of attention to codes because we weren't planning on a trip this summer but now we're thinking about heading down the end of July. Thanks!

They used to offer % off and that was really great for those staying say concierge or water view or both but a few years ago they switch to a $ off discount.

welovedis said:
I'm not sure if anyone answered you yet or not, but I know when it was released for 2005. According to the historical info on Mousesavers.com, AP discounts were released on March 9th for check-ins from 4/17--7/4/05. I don't know what the rates were, but hope this helps!

Yes. I would like to know too. I am interested in the AP rates and any general public code rates for June for moderates and values. I want to try to calculate whether the savings would be substantial enough to give up the dining plan.

Thanks,
Maggie

Don't think I can wait until March!

As for the rates see www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=9856232

welovedis said:

just subscribing...

We are going June 10th - 19th and would love a great AP code for the WL

Just for the heck of it, I called and asked about passholder rates from July 23-29. I couldn't be more disappointed w/ the response and the attitude I received from the CM. Very short, seemed exasperated, and generally just wanted me off her line. This isn't the first time it's happened, unfortunately. Sounds like maybe she should have been working for Universal instead...

I wonder if Disney actually monitors these calls? I know customer service has dropped dramatically over the past few years, but I had hoped Disney would be immune...guess not. :rolleyes2

Oh, well, I'll just keep checking along w/ everybody else.

We booked a MYW package plus dining. If a code comes out can I apply it to the package or does it have to be room only? :)

Gee...I've always received great customer service from Loews hotels when I call Universal (if anything, they're more professional).

In defense of WDW, I'm assumming their staff is getting the by-product of DVC'ers adding on a few holiday dates @ the resorts to their timeshare res. Things should settle down now that the 11 month window has passed.

However, anytime would be good to release those June rates!:goodvibes QUOTE=Bushman]Just for the heck of it, I called and asked about passholder rates from July 23-29. I couldn't be more disappointed w/ the response and the attitude I received from the CM. Very short, seemed exasperated, and generally just wanted me off her line. This isn't the first time it's happened, unfortunately. Sounds like maybe she should have been working for Universal instead...

I wonder if Disney actually monitors these calls? I know customer service has dropped dramatically over the past few years, but I had hoped Disney would be immune...guess not. :rolleyes2

Oh, well, I'll just keep checking along w/ everybody else.[/QUOTE]

July 4th week is the week we normally go every year. Debating of going in Oct this year but still looking for a JUly trip too.

The 4th was VERY crowded at the MK in 2005. A larger crowd it seemed than in the past few years. Best hint is to go early and then come back at night. Ride during the 1st parade. No lines at all for some rides then even on the 4th

It should be later March or early April for the codes on June/July. I've made our reservations and will call and revise it if something comes up. Last time I had a Disney VISA that was better than the AP rates. Nevertheless, we find the AP helpful in discounting the DDE plan and purchases made during our stay. Every little bit helps. WDW here we come...June 22! :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo:

We're headding for POFQ June 4-11. Been waiting for weeks, but no deals for the general public. Where are the Deals?

Jim

Hey, I'll join in. Also looking for AP rates 7/15-22. Guess I still have a ways to go in my wait.

Going June 3-9th and wishing for a code have it be for the general public, disney visa, or military.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter