pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
OK - other 2006 months have a watch - lets start the summer :sunny: watch
Current AP rates out till June 3rd.

Guess of April 2006 for June/July/August AP rates
We'll have to wait and see :coffee:

We will be at the Polynesian June 24th till July 2nd
Looking for some great WDW AP rates pixiedust:

Count us in, too!!! We're June 22-July 1, 2006 :cool1: Bring on the heat and humidity!!! :sunny: We are at CR Tower-Bay lake view-AAA discount at $351/night :guilty: (really,really hoping for a code) :rolleyes1 Keeping my fingers crossed.......

We're waiting until the first of the year to make reservations, but we'd like a moderate resort from June 12th to 18th with the dining plan. Keep me posted.
Thanks.

I'm looking for a moderate (CSR?) for June 17-20. I think I'm going to be getting AAA for their discount? If a code comes out I will be able to add that discount? That sounds great!

June 29th through July 7th here!!!! Nothing beats the 4th of July at Disney IMHO. We've done it for our last 2 trips.
We're doing a Grand Gathering and currently have our rooms booked at ASMo room-only with AAA rates.
I'd add dining in a heartbeat for everyone in the group if a discount comes along, otherwise we'll be eating more meals offsite. I don't think we'd upgrade to a Mod or Deluxe if a code came out making them cheaper...gonna stay with ASMo. Lots of kids in our group. :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Anyone else staying at ASMo during that time??

Jennifer. :cool1:

We're going June 4-11, probably POFQ but waiting for a deal for the general public. Last time, 2004, got the two kids free tickets to parks brcause we used our Visa card. Looking for free food this time, but any deal will do.
Jim

deadhedjen said:
June 29th through July 7th here!!!! Nothing beats the 4th of July at Disney IMHO. We've done it for our last 2 trips.
We're doing a Grand Gathering and currently have our rooms booked at ASMo room-only with AAA rates.
I'd add dining in a heartbeat for everyone in the group if a discount comes along, otherwise we'll be eating more meals offsite. I don't think we'd upgrade to a Mod or Deluxe if a code came out making them cheaper...gonna stay with ASMo. Lots of kids in our group. :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Anyone else staying at ASMo during that time??

How crowded is it over the July 4 holiday? We have annual passes that expire July 13 and we want to use them again before that date. Last year we stayed 2 weeks and it was really hot but we figured out how to do it before we left. I think I may be there around the same time as you, our kids get out of school on June 23 and then the passes expire on July 13 so it has to be within that period that we go. I would love to stay for 2 weeks again but we are going to have to see how finances work out. :flower2: :scratchin :goodvibes

tripplanner2 said:
How crowded is it over the July 4 holiday? We have annual passes that expire July 13 and we want to use them again before that date. Last year we stayed 2 weeks and it was really hot but we figured out how to do it before we left. I think I may be there around the same time as you, our kids get out of school on June 23 and then the passes expire on July 13 so it has to be within that period that we go. I would love to stay for 2 weeks again but we are going to have to see how finances work out. :flower2: :scratchin :goodvibes

I don't have anything to compare the crowds to since we've always gone during this time, lol. You have to go with a good plan and you've gotta take it slow (in the hot afternoon anyway). Getting there early at rope drop helps tremendously. You will be able to do more that way. Our touring plans have included getting there early...stopping when it starts to get too hot/crowded for a late lunch and then hitting another attraction or two after that or we head back to the room for lunch/swim/nap. We like to grab dinner off-site and hit another park in the evening.

DH and DS also go to a NASCAR race in Daytona during that week (its a night race). They are really into racing so this is a highlight of the trip for them. While they're at the race, me and my girls do girls night out. :cheer2: We have a blast!!!

Plus, like I've said before, there's just something great about watching fireworks at MK for the 4th.

Jennifer.

A few years ago we went from July 1st-12th. As a child and an adult, we have always gone over the summer so the heat didn't bother me. July 1st-3rd, the crowds were good. The 4th fireworks were INCREDIBLE!!!! I have never seen anything like it before. However, the crowds were horrendous! You literally could not walk because your nose would bump into someones back. :snooty: The fastpasses were all closed early in the day, and the lines were awful. MK had hit it's maximum capacity early, so people were not allowed in (unless you were a disney resort guest) We headed over to MGM, and it was just as bad. It seemed to stay very crowded thruoghout the rest of the week. Both waterprks had to stop admission because they were too crowed. We were lucky enough to be there at opening, but the crowds were overwhelming. The next time we went, it was the last week of June, until July 2nd. The crowds were bearable, nothing like on the 4th. The parks never hit their capacity, and we were gone before the 4th. We are going next year-June 22-July 1st. This time of year works well for us. It's still crowded but it's workable if you have a good plan. Even though the fireworks were great, I would never again go over the fourth. That's just MHO. :goodvibes

disneysnob said:
A few years ago we went from July 1st-12th. As a child and an adult, we have always gone over the summer so the heat didn't bother me. July 1st-3rd, the crowds were good. The 4th fireworks were INCREDIBLE!!!! I have never seen anything like it before. However, the crowds were horrendous! You literally could not walk because your nose would bump into someones back. :snooty: The fastpasses were all closed early in the day, and the lines were awful. MK had hit it's maximum capacity early, so people were not allowed in (unless you were a disney resort guest) We headed over to MGM, and it was just as bad. It seemed to stay very crowded thruoghout the rest of the week. Both waterprks had to stop admission because they were too crowed. We were lucky enough to be there at opening, but the crowds were overwhelming. The next time we went, it was the last week of June, until July 2nd. The crowds were bearable, nothing like on the 4th. The parks never hit their capacity, and we were gone before the 4th. We are going next year-June 22-July 1st. This time of year works well for us. It's still crowded but it's workable if you have a good plan. Even though the fireworks were great, I would never again go over the fourth. That's just MHO. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for replying. That is exactly what I was afraid of. I think we may try to leave June 27 and stay for the 2 weeks which will bring us there for the 4th but maybe we will stay away from the parks that day and the days after. We went to Magic Kingdom on a Monday during our last trip and all of the days I thought it was crowded but that Monday was terrible. We simply left the park and never returned that day. Even spent the next day at the pool trying to recover. I can imagine it being much worse on July 4 than on just any old Monday over the summer. :wave:

I am a AAA member but when I go on their site I see off Disney property hotels only. How do I get this discount?
Thanks

LakeAriel said:
I am a AAA member but when I go on their site I see off Disney property hotels only. How do I get this discount?
Thanks

I don't think you can book your rooms online using the AAA discount. I think you either have to call CRO yourself and ask for the discount, or have the AAA travel agent do it for you.

All of the rooms in our Grand Gathering are booked using the AAA discount. We all called them in individually to CRO.

HTH.

I'm in for the ASMo between June 20-July 3 (our usual time). Will be doing the ressies next month with an AP. Hopeful, but not counting on any additional codes this trip --I've heard that demand is way up so WDW doesn't have to offer much to get us to come down. No matter--we're counting the days!! :cool1: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Our plans are the usual--June 8-17, 2006, Polynesian concierge. I still am not sure I've got this whole BRP thing figured out, but hoping it will work for us when the time comes. :confused3

I realize that BRP must be booked 60 days in advance, but does anyone know when they actually allow booking? Does Disney simply put in the allowable number of AP rooms into the system at exactly the 60 day mark? I've played with it when I've noticed rates were available for upcoming dates, but with little success. I just haven't quite got a handle on WHEN the first available date to book for our trip will magically appear online???? :confused3

We'll be there June/July of 06'. Maybe the Beach Club this year.

As for the BRP, you can't book within the 60 day window, but anytime outside the 60 day window, provided they have extended the travel by date which is currently Feb. 15, 2006. When they will extend that date is anyone's guess.
Keep checking! I would guess Dec.( I hope! )

We're planning an extra special trip next summer - already booked June 8 -18. :dog2:

We had to cancel our trip that was scheduled for Oct 7 due to Hurricane Katrina - really damaged our area badly!!! So we're going to try to make it a special trip next summer! DD has been wanting to swim at the Boardwalk Inn, so I'll think we'll try there! :dog:

Hope everybody has a great time - and here's hoping for a good discount!!! (DD loves dogs so I added some to our post!!) :paw:

We just made our reservations for June 17-26!!! We normally go over spring break but decided to go over the summer! We are staying at our favorite moderate CSR!! Anyone else?

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

We are going July 13th to 18th at All Stars Movies. This will be my dh and dh first WDW vacation and I just can't wait!! Only 272 more days :rotfl: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter