June 26 - July 3 on the Magic

Thanks Lauren, we'll try to plan on arriving to the dock area around 10:00am to be sure. For our first cruise I'd really like to have our ducks in a row for the boarding process to go smoothly and so the fun can begin!

Do you remember last time you cruised when the dining rotation is set? I'm just thinking about being prepared to make Palo ressies.

Hi everyone! :)

There are no wristbands or pagers for the teenagers. They pretty much have the run of the ship.

My teens will be using the two way radios.

We won't know what our dining rotation is until we get our Key to the World Card at check in...it will be on the card as initials and our table number will be there also.

We figured out exactly what days and times we wanted Palo ressies based on our KTTW cards while we were waiting in line to board.

Thanks for the heads up. My DS (17) has already informed me not to expect to see him until we disembark! I'll have to make certain my DD (13) has a walkie talkie with her. I'm more worried about keeping track of her than him!

Unfortunately, by the time we made our reservations (1/26) the early seating was already gone so we had to list for the 830pm dinner seating and waitlist for the 6pm. I don't like having dinner so late but one advantage would be not rushing back from shore excursions and having plenty of time to clean up afterwards. I'll be looking forward to having a better seating time at Palos! Thanks for the info on the KTTW cards.

Has anyone waitlisted for a different seating time and actually received it? Is the 830pm seating time really too late for us "early birds" or has anyone enjoyed it?

Hi Holly :)

I don't know what to tell you about having late seating, but I do know that you can add it to your list of things to do when you get on the ship.

You can go to Guest Services, I believe, and request your seating to be changed.

I know I can't eat that late. I would have terrible heartburn!

"My DS (17) has already informed me not to expect to see him until we disembark!"...I rolled with laughter. My children are so young, it's hard to imagine them being so independent.

Dinner seating: We were on a wait-list for the 6:00 seating on our 4 day cruise in July. We got it! But then switched back, because we decide that late seating was good for us. We have choosen 8:30 again and will keep it. If you don't get it in advance, just try to switch on the ship. It was done for us at the same place as Palo's ressies...very convenient.

Palo's: I want to do both brunch and dinner. I will choose the brunch day after we figure out when our character breakfast is. Don't they only do brunch when we're at sea? That limits our days. Dinner will be on the night my DD (7) has Goofy's PJ party. It's right in the middle of late-seating, so we'll miss our main dining on that night. I'm kind of bummed because I think it's Tropicalli night, but it's a good night not do dinner as a family. Has anyone done Tropicalli night before? Will we be missing something great?

Arrival: Early is better!!!! You'll find parking very easy. Checking in is a breeze and the wait just builds the excitment!!! We're staying Friday night close to the port. Right now, we're at the Radison, but I'm looking in the Ron Jon Resort too. My DH doesn't want to shuttle over, he thought that parking was very convenient at the port. We'll keep the ressie until we make up our minds. What are ya'lls arrival plans?

I remember my DS's first trip to Disney. He was 3! Time flys so quickly! Enjoy it while they're young and they still want to hang with you!

We're staying at BWVs and will be driving to Port Canaveral. After reading everyone's posts, I think we should plan on arriving around 10am to be on the safe side! Lauren's earlier post sounded like the parking lot opens sometime soon after that.

Is Palos brunch also just for adults only?

We're staying at the Hawthorne Suites near the Airport. We have a two bedroom suite for $160.

We have FLTours shuttle picking us up at 9:30 that morning. I'm thinking of making it 9:15, to beat some of the first crowds at port.

Palo is adults only for everything, brunch, tea and dinner :)

We will be at the Raddison the night before, then driving over to the port in the morning. we thought about staying at the new Ron Jon hotel, but we won't be getting there til late afternoon.

Palo's brunch is only for adults, I can't wait to try it.

On our western cruise, I missed the buffet for Mexicali night, and also the dessert buffet. I hope I can make it to both this time. :D

Lauren, are you leaving your car at the Radisson and taking the shuttle? We made reservations to include leaving our car at the hotel, but my DH isn't sure about the shuttle service. Parking at the the Port was so easy, but expensive. Just wondering what you had planned.

We are going to drive to the port. We did that last time and enjoyed the convience of it. My parents took the shuttle and it was pretty convinient too. The shuttle that took them back to the Radisson was from somewhere else, but stopped and asked where they were going, and took them. We are going straight to WDW from the ship, so I think it is worth the $70 to park at the port.

You don't have to have a "package" to leave your car at the Raddison. You can have a regular reservation, and still leave your car there. Make sure you book the shuttle as soon as you get there. It can only hold so many.

The Radisson is so tricky...I booked the package. I guess I'll try to get a ressie on line and see if it's better. I had trouble getting a non-smoking room, so I may have to keep that reservation. Wonder if they'll switch it for me to a regular room? I may have to try.

Anyone else out there driving? How long will your drive be? We'll leave from NC or SC, so it's about an 8 hour drive for us. We will be driving a ton, so this will be short for us. We're cruising in the middle of our move from RI to KS...isn't Disney on the way? We seem to think so. We moved from OK to RI via WDW, so we think that's the way to drive out west. You know that old superstition about going out the same door that you came in...it's kind of like that.

We will be driving, We are going to disney for a week before the cruise. We have driven to florida for the last 2 yrs straight. As long as we give ourselves enough time to not feel rushed we really don't mind the drive.

Let's talk excursions!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

What are you all thinking of doing?

I know my children would love the Anguilla dolphin/beach day, but I read that it will take the entire day and I would love to shop a bit. Plus it's major $$$

I think we may do the 5-star to St. John, or maybe the champagne catamaran. The catamaran scares me a bit...(seasickness), but I know the kids will just LOVE it.

To you all with teens...My DD did the Wild Side excursion on Castaway Cay. She loved the kayaking and biking, but they snorkeled last, so it wasn't that great. Now that there's the three of them, I think they may try it again and probably even have a better time.

DD wants to parasail and I think I may give into my fears and try it too! :scared1: :scared1:

What are you all thinking of?

This is not my final choices, but my right now choices.

Golden Eagle Catamaran in St. Marteen
5 Start to Trunk Bay in St. Thomas
Bikes at Castaway Cay

We LOVED the dolphins...it was worth every penny. We did the excursion in Nassau last summer on our 4 day, so it was a little different. I would consider doing it again some day, just not this time. I think some of the teen outing sound like the most fun. You'll have to let the kids tell us all about them.

I thought the heavy snow was making me wish for the cruise, but this rain has definitely increased my need for DCL. I've read notes from those cruising in a few days, and boy am I jealous. I hope you are all doing well. Dream of the Magic!

I'm sooooo tired of all this snow, ice, and cold. It was an ice skating rink on the way home the other night. Cars and trucks in ditches and slid off the rds everywhere. took me 1 hr and 40 minutes to drive home,:( usually takes 1 hr. and it snowed again last night on my drive home after work.

With our cold weather situation...I really spending lots of time thinking about the cruise. Anyone else come up with some ideas for nice warm weather excursions? Our family likes almost anything around the water. We kind of migrate towards those excursions. The kids are a little young for the historical tours or walking tours. We'll have to keep searching until we finally get to book some.

Not cruise news, but I just booked Beach Club for 11 nights at Christmas. We are a little nervous about the crowds, but figure with that much time we will be okay. We are there from December 16th til the 27th. Do any of you guys have experience with WDW at Christmas?

Haven't posted about excursions, because we can't decide. We just want to get on the ship!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter