June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

I think it's strange they would just start Max Pass for everyone all of a sudden one day? Don't they need some testing going on first, for just some people and not everyone all at once? What if everyone paid for it but then it doesn't work right or has some errors? Ugh. I thought FP+ at WDW was tested for a long time with only some people before it was available to everybody.

we are like 5 days from Disneyland LOL... Have to get through 2 3 hours flights!

Is that two 3-hour flights? Or 23 hour flights?

We have a 3 hour flight, a layover, and a 1 hour flight. When we've driven, it takes us 2-3 days. I suspect it will take us 4 if we ever decide to drive with our son.

I would actually prefer driving if my husband could take more time off work. I hate flying so much. :(

I would actually prefer driving if my husband could take more time off work. I hate flying so much. :(

I'm with you, which is why we are driving. Most people look at me like I have two heads when I tell them we're driving cross country. But there are a number of reasons why driving works better for me. Believe me, I wish flying make more sense, because I love to fly, but the nonsense around flying is not worth it to me.

I'm with you, which is why we are driving. Most people look at me like I have two heads when I tell them we're driving cross country. But there are a number of reasons why driving works better for me. Believe me, I wish flying make more sense, because I love to fly, but the nonsense around flying is not worth it to me.

We plan to get a travel trailer sometime and will definitely be taking more road trips. For now, flying makes more sense. But flying with our 3 year old, non-verbal son with autism? It scares me a lot.

Same here! We were going to fly initially, but decided we'd rather drive. We have the time off since my husband works in schools so we're spending 3 nights on the road each way (coming from North Texas) and planning on lots of stops to see things on our way. Some people think we're nuts, but we like road trips and so do our kids.

Road trips are so much fun, I wish I could take that much time off work but I can't get anyone to cover for me! Have driven a couple of times from West Texas. We like to stop in Bisbee, AZ for a few days each way and sightsee and walk around. My husband packs too much stuff and is always running behind schedule so I'm relieved we're flying.

Midnightred

Hi All,

Enjoying reading everyone's June plans. I will still do a solo trip June 13-14, but have decided to stay at Grand Legacy, as I have stayed there before and feel better being so close, when by myself. I fly into LAX around 11:45 am on the 13th (booked on points). I plan to take the Disneyland Express down and get off at the DLH stop. I will then activate my Deluxe AP and go check-in at the Grand Legacy (booked an AP rate) and then probably hit up DCA as they have a Grad Nite the 14th. Then, I'll head back to DL for fireworks and try to stay until closing, 12 AM. Then, I will mostly focus on DL on the 14th. I fly back home at 530pm the 14th. It is just a short, sweet little trip. DH and I were there for a day in March and I have a couple other, short trips planned before my AP expiration date so I plan on being quite laid back!
Looking forward to keeping up with all the plans!

I went ahead and made a reservation for a mini van. We were unsure if we were renting or taking our crew cab truck. 3 big teenage kids in the back seat of the truck was going to be tricky not to mention the middle seat is a tiny not full sized seat. Bonus for the truck though is no cost and lots of leg room. Mini van is more personal space, not much leg room, better storage since we don't have cover for our truck bed and $369. I can always cancel the mini van since I haven't paid for it yet but its painful paying that much $$$. UGH! What to do?? I just can't seem to make up my mind on this. We are 8 hours away so its quite a drive. What do you guys think?

I went ahead and made a reservation for a mini van. We were unsure if we were renting or taking our crew cab truck. 3 big teenage kids in the back seat of the truck was going to be tricky not to mention the middle seat is a tiny not full sized seat. Bonus for the truck though is no cost and lots of leg room. Mini van is more personal space, not much leg room, better storage since we don't have cover for our truck bed and $369. I can always cancel the mini van since I haven't paid for it yet but its painful paying that much $$$. UGH! What to do?? I just can't seem to make up my mind on this. We are 8 hours away so its quite a drive. What do you guys think?
Do you know what kind of minivan it would be? I ask because ours had a tiny cargo area. For 2 adults and 3 likely-adult-sized teens, our family would need 5 suitcases plus several backpacks... In the minivan I had--heck, even our Explorer now--that would be a tight squeeze. And that's not even counting a cooler for snacks or such....

We're renting a car to drive from NC to DLR. We've gotten to where we almost always rent a car for our trips. Yes, it's an expense, but for that expense you get an almost new car to drive. You're not putting the miles on your car (to include tire wear, oil changes and just general mileage that's not added to your vehicle). In addition, know that anything from a blown tire to other car issues is the rental's problem to take care of is real peace of mind. In our case (we have a truck too) we get some savings in gas with the rental getting better mpg than our truck. I'd assume the same would be the same for the minivan for you.

just booked my park tickets with last minute travel club, first time using them

....edit...
E Ticket email just arrived, :yay:

Last edited:
We're going in the middle of June for 5 days with park hopper this time. I was hoping and praying the maxpass would roll out by then. But I'm really nervous it won't. :scared:
So I'm trying to figure out our game plan assuming it won't be happening by then. When you use parkhopper do you usually start out in DL then move over to DCA? DL is sometimes a lot busier - so I know the first couple of hours is vital there, but some of our favorite rides are in DCA.

We're going in the middle of June for 5 days with park hopper this time. I was hoping and praying the maxpass would roll out by then. But I'm really nervous it won't. :scared:
So I'm trying to figure out our game plan assuming it won't be happening by then. When you use parkhopper do you usually start out in DL then move over to DCA? DL is sometimes a lot busier - so I know the first couple of hours is vital there, but some of our favorite rides are in DCA.

Current rumor for maxpass is June 1st.
According to another thread wi-fi is now in both parks.

Do you know what kind of minivan it would be? I ask because ours had a tiny cargo area. For 2 adults and 3 likely-adult-sized teens, our family would need 5 suitcases plus several backpacks... In the minivan I had--heck, even our Explorer now--that would be a tight squeeze. And that's not even counting a cooler for snacks or such....

Its a Dodge Caravan. I think it has that deep cargo space with a cover over that and then the regular space on top. We usually do duffel bags so they don't take up as much space as suitcases but we are almost always packed to the brim with other stuff- case of water, snacks, beach towels for our beach day, boogie board etc. The kids each bring a backpack with their car items and they keep those on the floor in between the seats. No matter what we end up with its going to be a tight squeeze.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter