June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

The only thing left for me to buy are our park tickets. I am trying to figure out the best deal with least hassle.
Have you looked into Last Minute Travel Club? They are completely legit, and have the best prices I've seen, apart from things like So Cal and Salute promotions. Google a free membership code to join if needed; I didn't need a code, but when I pointed someone else to them, they needed a code to get the membership for free.

Question:

Which day would be better for DCA, June 10 or 11? Main concern is getting through Guardians and Radiator with minimal wait.

June 10: most APs are blocked out, but it's a Grad Nite and there is Extra Magic Hours for resort guests.

June 11: most APs are not blocked, but there is no Grad Nite and no EMH.

In that situation, and assuming you don't have access to EMH, I would definitely go June 11th and be at the turnstiles an hour before park opening. I'd get straight in line for GOTG and then afterwards check the wait time for RSR. If it's more than an hour, either grab a Fastpass for RSR or ride single rider.

In that situation, and assuming you don't have access to EMH, I would definitely go June 11th and be at the turnstiles an hour before park opening. I'd get straight in line for GOTG and then afterwards check the wait time for RSR. If it's more than an hour, either grab a Fastpass for RSR or ride single rider.

Correct, we don't have EMH.

Related, it's strange that there's EMH on Saturday June 10 for DCA.
Isn't it usually Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays for DCA?

Correct, we don't have EMH.

Related, it's strange that there's EMH on Saturday June 10 for DCA.
Isn't it usually Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays for DCA?

There is a special event in Cars Land that evening for Cars 3. The EMH that morning probably relates to that.

JUNE WEATHER?
We went last June and they were having a heat wave. The coolest day was maybe 95? Most days it was was 100 or higher.
Locals kept saying, "it's usually not this bad". So, what is the average temperature mid-June? We bought cooling towels and stuff junta in case this time.

JUNE WEATHER?
We went last June and they were having a heat wave. The coolest day was maybe 95? Most days it was was 100 or higher.
Locals kept saying, "it's usually not this bad". So, what is the average temperature mid-June? We bought cooling towels and stuff junta in case this time.
Over the next 7 days, the highest temp is 81*. I believe that's in the range of normal. I recall hearing a lot about the high temps last year, which makes me think they must have been abnormally hot, or there wouldn't have been so much talk about it.

JUNE WEATHER?

I think locals lie lol.
I went in late June 2013 and they had a "heat wave" where temps were about 95 daily and my Godfather who lives in Long Beach said "oh yeah its usually not this hot".
This is one reason I am not a fan of DLR because the lines are all outside in the blazing hot sun.
I felt ill by 3pm daily because even the A/C is not all that cool.

I think locals lie lol.
I went in late June 2013 and they had a "heat wave" where temps were about 95 daily and my Godfather who lives in Long Beach said "oh yeah its usually not this hot".
This is one reason I am not a fan of DLR because the lines are all outside in the blazing hot sun.
I felt ill by 3pm daily because even the A/C is not all that cool.

The highest day when we were there was 108! It was insane. I guess we will see this year lol

Over the next 7 days, the highest temp is 81*. I believe that's in the range of normal. I recall hearing a lot about the high temps last year, which makes me think they must have been abnormally hot, or there wouldn't have been so much talk about it.

81 would be nice :)

If you're interested, I looked at historical weather data for the week we'll be in DLR in my PTR (link in my signature). On page 2, about a quarter of the page down. I listed the page I used to gather that data. Yes, I'm an old weather guy who likes digging into that kind of stuff. :)

I've always been fascinated with peoples perceptions versus reality, when it comes to weather. A few years ago I read a study where people were convinced it rained more on the weekend. Someone surmised it was because of cars and pollution and that emissions from commuting through the week "built up" to cause more rain. A group went through and looked all of the rain data on record and determined it did not rain more on the weekends at all. It was people's perception that is did because they were trying to do fun stuff on the weekend and getting rained on. Long story, but that's why I like to look at the actual historical numbers to see what "normal" is supposed to be.

That said, anything can and will happen. For us, I'll start watching the weather forecast for the area a week or so out. I try to look at various forecasts, because they're all a little different. National Weather service based forecasts tend to be the most pessimistic. Accuweather forecasts are typically most optimistic. The weather channel (as much as I've grown to dislike their sensationalism) is typically somewhere in the middle with their forecasts.

I can tell you that in all of the historical data I looked at, the one thing that jumped out at me was the typically low humidity. Low humidity is going to do 2 things for you; you'll see cooler evening-night-morning temperatures and high temperatures will feel more comfortable than when humidity is high. Anyone who has been to WDW in late July can tell you that higher humidity translates to the opposite; relatively warm overnight temps and instant sweat heat during the day.

If you're interested, I looked at historical weather data for the week we'll be in DLR in my PTR (link in my signature). On page 2, about a quarter of the page down. I listed the page I used to gather that data. Yes, I'm an old weather guy who likes digging into that kind of stuff. :)

I've always been fascinated with peoples perceptions versus reality, when it comes to weather. A few years ago I read a study where people were convinced it rained more on the weekend. Someone surmised it was because of cars and pollution and that emissions from commuting through the week "built up" to cause more rain. A group went through and looked all of the rain data on record and determined it did not rain more on the weekends at all. It was people's perception that is did because they were trying to do fun stuff on the weekend and getting rained on. Long story, but that's why I like to look at the actual historical numbers to see what "normal" is supposed to be.

That said, anything can and will happen. For us, I'll start watching the weather forecast for the area a week or so out. I try to look at various forecasts, because they're all a little different. National Weather service based forecasts tend to be the most pessimistic. Accuweather forecasts are typically most optimistic. The weather channel (as much as I've grown to dislike their sensationalism) is typically somewhere in the middle with their forecasts.

I can tell you that in all of the historical data I looked at, the one thing that jumped out at me was the typically low humidity. Low humidity is going to do 2 things for you; you'll see cooler evening-night-morning temperatures and high temperatures will feel more comfortable than when humidity is high. Anyone who has been to WDW in late July can tell you that higher humidity translates to the opposite; relatively warm overnight temps and instant sweat heat during the day.

1. I feel like weekend rain tends to get more headlines so that's why people feel it rains more on the weekend.
Around here if its going to rain this weekend they compare it to last weekend. If it rained last weekend well then the fact that its raining on the weekend again gets a lot more attention. And then they give you their thoughts about whether it will or won't rain next weekend. lol.

2. Yes humidity or the lack there of can make a world of difference.
However I find it much easier to deal with heat at WDW because while you get sweat rolling down your back from just walking form your room to the bus you then get a nice cool down on the bus and then you get sweaty walking from point A to point B in the park but then you cool down in the line. At DLR you just remain in the heat the majority of the time so humid or not you're gonna get hot and remain that way pretty much all day.

However I find it much easier to deal with heat at WDW because while you get sweat rolling down your back from just walking form your room to the bus you then get a nice cool down on the bus and then you get sweaty walking from point A to point B in the park but then you cool down in the line. At DLR you just remain in the heat the majority of the time so humid or not you're gonna get hot and remain that way pretty much all day.

Interesting, my experience has been the opposite. We were in Arizona last summer where we routinely saw temperatures over 100, with a high of 115. I felt like the fact that you're not dripping wet to be more comfortable, although you really have to watch for dehydration. The other thing I noticed is as soon as you got out of the direct sunlight in the desert, there was relief. That's not the case when it's humid, at least not in my experience. I'll be interested to see how things pan out in DLR for us. When we're done, we get to enjoy some Vegas heat for a week before heading home. :)

JUNE WEATHER?

We have been to DL the last 6 years in June (except last year when we went in August). The weather has been great. We picked the right summer to go in August - I remember hearing about the heat wave here. However, I know for me it always FEELS 10 degrees hotter than it is in DL (or any theme park, really) so if your family is like mine you'll be happy to have cooling towels, etc. We always bring small portable misters.

June can obviously be super hot. But it can also 'just' be warm during the day and cool down at night. I remember being there in mid-June one year where I put a sweatshirt on in the evening. And that's saying something because I am pretty much always hot...ha! You won't catch me going to WDW in the Summer because of the awful humidity. I did it as a child, but won't as an adult. All summer trips will be DLR.

I do think the park often feels hotter than what the actual temp is. I don't know if it's because of the people or all the cement or what. But when it's "only" 81...it's super hot to me.

I expect to be pretty hot most of this trip. I am bringing a misting fan. And we will be heading back to the hotel for a couple hours after lunch.

I will be pleasantly surprised if it's not super hot. :)

But even if it is...we will survive. We went in late August/early September one year and it was something like 113 degrees in the parks. We managed. Didn't even take an afternoon break (but didn't have a child at the time.)

Can someone going before June 11 give an update on the situation with waiting for nighttime entertainment at Disneyland? I read that people are not allowed to stake out spots on the sidewalk anymore, but I'm wondering how much this is enforced and when we'll need to get there to get a good curbside spot for MSEP. We were there right after it opened earlier this year and people were lined up super early (4PM). I'm hoping we can avoid that this time without having to buy one of the dining packages. Thanks!

I'll be there the 3rd-9th so I'll let you know!

Question:

Which day would be better for DCA, June 10 or 11? Main concern is getting through Guardians and Radiator with minimal wait.

June 10: most APs are blocked out, but it's a Grad Nite and there is Extra Magic Hours for resort guests.

June 11: most APs are not blocked, but there is no Grad Nite and no EMH.

Whichever day you choose get to the turnstiles at least an hour before opening. Go directly to Mission Breakout for a fast pass - do not wait in line to ride it. Once you have the fast pass hurry to Carsland to ride radiator springs racers. Guardians will be the ride everyone will be heading to first and the standby line is horribly slow but fast pass will get you right on with minimal wait, plus you can get a new fast pass as soon as your window opens up (I would go to Soaring or Midway Mania as soon as the window opens then ride Guardians). Have fun!

June can obviously be super hot. But it can also 'just' be warm during the day and cool down at night. I remember being there in mid-June one year where I put a sweatshirt on in the evening. And that's saying something because I am pretty much always hot...ha! You won't catch me going to WDW in the Summer because of the awful humidity. I did it as a child, but won't as an adult. All summer trips will be DLR.

I do think the park often feels hotter than what the actual temp is. I don't know if it's because of the people or all the cement or what. But when it's "only" 81...it's super hot to me.

I expect to be pretty hot most of this trip. I am bringing a misting fan. And we will be heading back to the hotel for a couple hours after lunch.

I will be pleasantly surprised if it's not super hot. :)

But even if it is...we will survive. We went in late August/early September one year and it was something like 113 degrees in the parks. We managed. Didn't even take an afternoon break (but didn't have a child at the time.)
Afternoon breaks help a LOT :)

Afternoon breaks help a LOT :)

Yep...that's what we did last time too even though it wasn't that hot (February.) With a toddler or small child I just think it's a wise thing to do. It would be great if he napped but I doubt that will happen.

We are going to Disneyland THIS MONTH! Eek!!

Three weeks from today is our first day in the parks.

Yep...that's what we did last time too even though it wasn't that hot (February.) With a toddler or small child I just think it's a wise thing to do. It would be great if he napped but I doubt that will happen.

We are going to Disneyland THIS MONTH! Eek!!

Three weeks from today is our first day in the parks.

I know!!!!! SO crazy!! Yeah last time my kids were too excited to nap, lol. The rest still helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter